Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

SFO-HUX in J for $319 on Aeromexico

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO-HUX in J for $319 on Aeromexico

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2017, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by bdh
I don't know if you saw my post from earlier in the thread, but you might want to try telling AM that this was a "schedule change". I didn't have much progress explaining that my seat class had been downgraded, but once I said the problem was AM changing the schedule that apparently queued the right page in the script/flowchart or whatever to have them make the change for me. Of course, I may have just gotten lucky with the CS rep I managed to get...
I tried that but they just said "it's the same flight number and the same departure and arrival time". Escalated to a supervisor and got the same response.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 4:37 pm

After resigning myself to the fact that I had to just accept the downgrade and forgo lounge access in MEX during my 5 hour layover, I get an email out of the blue from AM telling me that they moved me to the afternoon MEX-HUX flight and I now have a 9 hour layover. Got a call shortly after from Orbitz with the "good news". AM and Orbitz in combination is a recipe for disaster.,
Old Sep 5, 2017, 10:31 am

Anyone who was downgraded might want to check their reservation as it looks like there has been another schedule and equipment change. I was able to get put back in Business (class D instead of original class I) and pick more convenient flights with shorter connections. Originally had 5 hour connections each direction, now 3 hours outbound and 1 hour inbound.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 9:44 am

I was downgraded on the HUX-MEX flight and they gave me voucher at the airport to upgrade a future flight. Not sure how it works since there's not many details on the paper.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Is this still alive, it seems gone, should be removed from active deals...
Old Sep 8, 2017, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Haven't seen any reports of how HUX did in the quake. Hope they're doing OK. It's such a beautiful area, and the people down there are very nice.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by hamburglar
I was downgraded on the HUX-MEX flight and they gave me voucher at the airport to upgrade a future flight. Not sure how it works since there's not many details on the paper.
Depending on what the restrictions are, it could be very handy indeed. Imagine buying a cheap coach fare from MEX to NRT, GRU or CDG and being able to upgrade.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by rrapynot
Depending on what the restrictions are, it could be very handy indeed. Imagine buying a cheap coach fare from MEX to NRT, GRU or CDG and being able to upgrade.
Here's the restrictions on this voucher if anyone is interested:

The flight must be completed before Sept 6th 2018.
All the flights must be operated by Aeromexico or Aeromexico Connect.
Valid for a One Way flight.
Flights between MEX/USA.
You need book this reservation in tourist cabin and the voucher gives you the free upgrade.
The reservation must be booked through aeromexico.com or via call center and once you pay for it you can send me an e-mail requesting the upgrade.
Make sure that the flights that you choose include a Premiere Cabin.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 10:41 am

Programs: Lots
Did you request the voucher or some type of compensation for being downgraded at the airport or did they just offer the voucher without any prompting?
Old Sep 13, 2017, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by IggySD
Did you request the voucher or some type of compensation for being downgraded at the airport or did they just offer the voucher without any prompting?
they gave it without me asking
Old Sep 13, 2017, 1:15 pm

How was service in Premier Classe and how was your time in Huatulco? I'm heading there in November.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 1:57 pm

Programs: Mileage Plan
How was service in Premier Classe and how was your time in Huatulco? I'm heading there in November.
I was just there. Generally friendly service. Don't expect much to have your culinary senses wowed, however. Like domestic first on any of the US airlines. I felt I got a good deal for $360. New interior 737 SFO-MEX, was pretty nice - I slept on the redeye so didn't check out IFE. Old school interior MEX-SFO; seat was a bit uncomfortable.

Didn't go to Huatulco - rented a car, drove over the mtns to Oaxaca City spent a few days there eating my way across the city and then drove back and spent a few days in Playa Zipolite lounging on the beach and relaxing. Beer was cheap, water was warm and the sunsets were nice. (it was really hot midday). Even if you don't go all the way up over the mtns, I'd reccomend exploring a bit - really lush and beautiful - pluma hidalgo or san jose del pacifico.

The earthquake was very strong and I have been in some others elsewhere. No damage to that part of Oaxaca really, but I did head up to high ground and waited out the tsunami period, just in case. People were super friendly.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 7:21 pm

Premier Class is nothing special; think of it as domestic first class. There's leg rests on the new 737 though.

Huatulco is not your typical touristy mexican city. hardly anyone speaks english so knowing spanish is helpful. everything is relatively affordable.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:54 am

Programs: Lots
Nice! I'll happily take an upgrade on a future trip to MEX in order to sit in economy for a roughly hour flight. Assuming it's actually usable.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 11:48 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, Hilton Diamond, AS MVP 75k,
Wow that's really nice, I'll try next time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.