Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA Costa Rica :-LAX-LAS-PHX-PHL-CLT-MCO-MIA-LIR r/t in First ~800$(2017's PTY Fare :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Costa Rica :-LAX-LAS-PHX-PHL-CLT-MCO-MIA-LIR r/t in First ~800$(2017's PTY Fare :)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2017, 3:59 pm

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, HH Diamond, Avis President’s Club
can anyone get the 777 both ways for this price? I can only get it one way
Old Jan 29, 2017, 5:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Originally Posted by ianfly
Im looking at a LAX-MIA-LIR-MIA-DFW-LAX with 777 outbound J and MIA-DFW on the refurb 767 J.

Any hotel recomendations for LIR?
Old Jan 29, 2017, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by IWontRegretThis
Im looking at a LAX-MIA-LIR-MIA-DFW-LAX with 777 outbound J and MIA-DFW on the refurb 767 J.

Any hotel recommendations for LIR?
I've got one on hold with the one-stop/777 segment both ways and am checking hotels too. I like the idea of DFW stop and the refurb 767 but (a) I'm not sure how many miles that will add to a MIA-LAX straight shot [nb: it's a 14 mile difference], and (b) don't count on the nice 767. AA has a nasty habit of showing the refurb version on way more routes than they actually have aircraft to serve them...unless that's changed recently. I'm taking leisurely overnight layovers in MIA instead

Last edited by mczlaw; Jan 29, 2017 at 7:42 pm
Old Jan 29, 2017, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
I believe you need to build the route as a multi-city with an actual stopover. Otherwise, it wouldn't work due to connection timings. Fortunately, there was no price increase with the stopover and a night in MIA seemed like a good idea. I haven't checked the fare rules, but presumably a free stopover is allowed.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 7:57 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mczlaw
I believe you need to build the route as a multi-city with an actual stopover. Otherwise, it wouldn't work due to connection timings. Fortunately, there was no price increase with the stopover and a night in MIA seemed like a good idea. I haven't checked the fare rules, but presumably a free stopover is allowed.
Easy to do a same-day connection at LIR? If so, how much time is required?
Old Jan 30, 2017, 12:44 pm

Programs: Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by IWontRegretThis

Any hotel recomendations for LIR?
I went to LIR as a combo MR / vacation last year. If you are strictly doing this as a MR and need a place to spend the night before heading back then Hilton garden inn Liberia airport is your best bet. The airport is 25-30 mins out of town along a highway with not much outside. The Hilton is on the other side of the highway opposite airport and has shuttle and breakfast. Other close options without heading into town are smaller lodge type local places that did not appeal to me.

<OT> Liberia the town is not much at all just a tiny town along a major highway going through Central America . You will not miss anything by not going into town. However if you are spending a couple of days then going into town helps in seeing the rincon national park which has volcanitoes ( smaller spouts / volcanic activity), a trek to very nice waterfall etc. or from airport u can head towards the beach - many beach cities exist. I recommend tamarindo which is 2 hrs from airport and has nice accommodations and water related activities.
</OT>
Bob
Old Jan 30, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Originally Posted by mczlaw
I've got one on hold with the one-stop/777 segment both ways and am checking hotels too. I like the idea of DFW stop and the refurb 767 but (a) I'm not sure how many miles that will add to a MIA-LAX straight shot [nb: it's a 14 mile difference], and (b) don't count on the nice 767. AA has a nasty habit of showing the refurb version on way more routes than they actually have aircraft to serve them...unless that's changed recently. I'm taking leisurely overnight layovers in MIA instead
Well, even a angleflat 763 is > any other domestic narrowbody so.. :P

Real reason I stopped in DFW is I might need to terminate there depending on the work load that day.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
any way to get this with a start or end in nyc?
Old Jan 31, 2017, 7:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, Avis Presidents Club
I came back from a vacation in Nicaragua & Costa Rica via LIR a few weeks ago.

It's a small airport with one main international terminal with 6 or 8 gates, with one concourse. Can't remember if internal flights to SJO have a different terminal though.

In terms of accomodation, there's either the Hilton nearby (NB the airport access road is a mile or so long), some places in Liberia city, or (about 30mins by taxi) the beach resorts of either Playa del Coco or Playa Hermosa, or a few other smaller places. Coco has a small walkable town centre with bars & restaurants while Hermosa is more self-contained resort places.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 12:46 am

If anyone's looking for a *A/UA run, there's YVR-LIM for $1500, 29K PQM.
Lie-flat on 4/6 segments.

Link
Old Feb 1, 2017, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Just made a reservation containing PHX-LAX-CLT-MIA-LIR-MIA-CLT-LAX-PHX for $1094. Not as favourable as from the start, with almost unlimited connections, but still good material for a BA TP-run.

Thanks to OP ^
Old Feb 1, 2017, 9:49 am

not for that price, not for that city, BUT it seems available to Managua at a bit more. https://goo.gl/flights/l1sz
Old Feb 1, 2017, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by Gino Troian
If anyone's looking for a *A/UA run, there's YVR-LIM for $1500, 29K PQM.
Lie-flat on 4/6 segments.

The YVR-LIM is now $1092 in J, with a lie-flat on the IAH-LIM segment. 9hr layover in SFO takes some of the fun out of it, unless you can stretch it into a 23 hr layover and spend the day there. Pretty good for 22K PQMs.
Link
Old Feb 3, 2017, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
This fare was timely for me as I'm planning a vacation in CR. Have LAX-MIA-LIR (LAX-MIA on 773), LIR-DFW-LAX on hold for my family.

I will need positioning flight from SFO. As long as I book AA for SFO-LAX and back, I will be protected despite the different reservations, correct? Does this hold true even if I book AA flights using Avios via BA?
Old Mar 10, 2017, 8:37 pm
Used to be highman123

American : LAX-LIR $706 RT

- at least 7k miles flown (depends on routing)

- books into I

- 150% credit on AS -->~7.5 CPM

https://www.kayak.com/flights/LAX-LI...01-15/business

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.