Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA Costa Rica :-LAX-LAS-PHX-PHL-CLT-MCO-MIA-LIR r/t in First ~800$(2017's PTY Fare :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Costa Rica :-LAX-LAS-PHX-PHL-CLT-MCO-MIA-LIR r/t in First ~800$(2017's PTY Fare :)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2017, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Heard this one might be dead now, Looks like AA have added a 2 transfer max on this one
Old Jan 23, 2017, 1:39 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Yeah, seems dead. Glad i booked 10 hours ago.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Yeah, seems dead. Glad i booked 10 hours ago.
Nice ^ What routing did you go for?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Thanks for the tip, OP. Ended up booking LAX-LAS-PHX-PHL-CLT-MCO-MIA-LIR-MIA-MCO-CLT-RDU-DCA-JFK-PHX-LAS-LAX and will probably drop the LAS-LAX leg. Should be enough with the ICN-JFK F fare (and four BA segments intra-Europe) to get me BA gold. Managed to pull it off with one overnight on the outbound (PHL) and two on the return (MCO, although thankfully the eight-hour overnight and not the brutal five-hour one, and LAS, which will be my destination)
Old Jan 23, 2017, 2:58 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by cgtechuk
Heard this one might be dead now, Looks like AA have added a 2 transfer max on this one
But still available in biz for $675 on a direct routing via MIA for those who are about flying comfortably to this particular destination. I've had my eye on LIR for a couple years now thanks to the Andaz and JW Guanacaste that get a lot of praise. Nice find.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Carlson/HHonors GLD, National Ex, Hertz Gld, AMEX Plat
In the $600s for 13k+ EQM really isn't bad, especially in J/F. You don't have to burn any SWUs, and on top of it, it's actually a good place to go. May want check and see if AA Vacations works for the fare, in case anyone needs EQD.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 5:12 pm

Can't seem to find any lie flats routing directly to MIA. Any sample dates?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 6:53 pm

It's the 9am flight LAX-MIA that's lie-flat. Up until yesterday there were plenty of seats at the $675 fare, but I can't find any now on Google flights.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:20 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Fares die in this forum.. no surprise whatsoever.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:16 pm
Community Director Emerita

If you're interested purely in flying efficiently and comfortably to the destination, Delta nonstop is $760 for a few dates. For example, there's an outbound redeye nonstop on Feb 10 with a nonstop return on Feb 14.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Jan 23, 2017 at 11:33 pm
Old Jan 24, 2017, 1:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by izzik
Fares die in this forum.. no surprise whatsoever.

Same thing you posted in the other thread also, If no one posted these then no one would know about them including folk on FT. It is more likely AA spotted their mistake than someone sitting reading this thread. Take the Panama fare as an example it got to many many pages and a wiki and many many months without being pulled.

It is attitudes like this that stop me posting in this forum at all if I am honest
Old Jan 24, 2017, 1:59 am

Programs: QF LTG, VA Gold, BA Gold, HH, SFSC
Originally Posted by nzthunderboy
550 QF SC. This books in I fare which has been recoded for QF as a business class since 11 Jan 2017
I am aware of the recoding. What have I missed:

5x flights <750 miles = 5x30
1x flight 750-1500 = 60
1x flight 1500-2500 = 80

290 o/w, 580 rt

I appreciate with the fare gone it is a moot point, however would like to get it right next time.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 6:50 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Same thing you posted in the other thread also, If no one posted these then no one would know about them including folk on FT. It is more likely AA spotted their mistake than someone sitting reading this thread. Take the Panama fare as an example it got to many many pages and a wiki and many many months without being pulled.

It is attitudes like this that stop me posting in this forum at all if I am honest
This fare was already on FT, just in a different forum.
It is widely accepted that this Mileage Run Deals spot is watched by many in the industry - blogs, airlines, hotels, ... why risk it? I suppose it comes down to intuitively knowing what fares are at risk for shutdown vs what fares are perfectly normal.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by izzik
This fare was already on FT, just in a different forum.
If anyone feels like PMing me the name of this different forum, I would like that.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by armouredant
If anyone feels like PMing me the name of this different forum, I would like that.
This forum. It was also mentioned in the British Airways one as it is of interest to us.
Flyertalk is the forum, and the mileage runs etc. ones are sub-sets of that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.