Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LHR-Asia/Oz for £1100/1500 on MH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR-Asia/Oz for £1100/1500 on MH

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:57 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
Sure you're not falling foul of a Saturday night stay? Don't think anyone has found the full fare rules.

I found this - picked a random date, Z availability confirmed with EF.

10:20 - to 12:05
Malaysia Airlines
18h 45m
LHR - to DPS
1 stop
2h 15m in KUL
Arrives Fri, 18 Aug
Expedia Special Fare
Malaysia Airlines
19:20 - to 05:55
Malaysia Airlines
17h 35m
DPS - to LHR
1 stop
1h 0m in KUL
Arrives Sat, 26 Aug
Expedia Special Fare

Price £1,622.48
Your Savings -£589.25
Taxes & Fees £203.91
Total: £1,237.14

£ 100 cheaper if you do an overnight layover in KUL on the return.
There shouldn't be a Saturday night stay issue with this booking, so it won't be that.

Likely down to availability.

M
Old Jan 11, 2017, 3:15 am

I reactivated an old account purely to say thanks. I just booked LHR-KUL-MEL-KUL-LHR for £1,487.85. I wouldn't have known about this deal if it wasn't for the good people here.

As a bonus, I get one night in the shittest hostel in Melbourne!
Old Jan 11, 2017, 4:54 am

Programs: BA GOLD
Originally Posted by global_cb
I reactivated an old account purely to say thanks. I just booked LHR-KUL-MEL-KUL-LHR for £1,487.85. I wouldn't have known about this deal if it wasn't for the good people here.

As a bonus, I get one night in the shittest hostel in Melbourne!
+1
I would like to know if we need to actually stay at this type of hotel as the fare is attached with the hotel booking. Would it be similar like you abandoned one of the segments for your flights if you skip the hotel? I would like someone could share their exp with this type of bookings, and I want to make sure there isn't a problem with skipping the hotel booking and just use this fare instead. Thanks
Old Jan 11, 2017, 5:09 am

I ummed and aaahed but I couldn't justify 4 business class tickets for the family...

Good news is, this fare works in Economy too so booked 4 tickets to DPS during school holidays for 1250ish.. potentially 6% cashback on flight and hotel at ebookers right now too. Thanks OP!
Old Jan 11, 2017, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by roy2016
+1
I would like to know if we need to actually stay at this type of hotel as the fare is attached with the hotel booking. Would it be similar like you abandoned one of the segments for your flights if you skip the hotel? I would like someone could share their exp with this type of bookings, and I want to make sure there isn't a problem with skipping the hotel booking and just use this fare instead. Thanks
I don't think you need to worry. There are 2 reservations behind the scenes - one at the hotel and one with the airline.
the hotel is fully pre-payed, so the flea infested backpackers isn't going to care if you don't turn up.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 3:03 pm

Not an expert in APD, but my understanding is that I can get back some 150 EUR on this deal from MH if I connect on separate ticket from, let say, AMS (<24h). Is that right?
Old Jan 11, 2017, 3:56 pm

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Originally Posted by maxvor
Not an expert in APD, but my understanding is that I can get back some 150 EUR on this deal from MH if I connect on separate ticket from, let say, AMS (<24h). Is that right?
Not an expert either but i think this does not work for separate tickets.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 4:11 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
It does is the stopover is more than 24 Hours, also likely to work if you do 2 separate Reservations and don't ask for your bags to be checked through.

Just allow at least 6 hours to connect.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by UncleDude
It does is the stopover is more than 24 Hours, also likely to work if you do 2 separate Reservations and don't ask for your bags to be checked through.

Just allow at least 6 hours to connect.
This is interesting for me too - i.m connecting on a separate ticket from MUC.

I flicked through a number of discussions on is topic and I don't think it applies with 2 seperate tickets.
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...nected-flights
4.4 Tickets
In addition to the time related criteria, the agreement for carriage must be evidenced by a ticket which must show the:

airport from which the passenger intends to depart
date and time of his intended departure
airport at which he intends to arrive
The connected flights must be detailed on the same ticket or conjunction tickets to qualify for the exemption. Tickets can only be regarded as conjunction tickets if:

a. they are in one booklet, or

b. where they are in separate booklets:

each refers to the other and states that they are to be read in conjunction
there is a summary of the flights constituting the passengers journey including the flights in question
Although the flights may meet all the other criteria for determining whether 2 flights are connected, they will only qualify for the exemption if the connection is evidenced on the ticket or a flight summary.

‘Scheduled time’ means the time indicated in the operator’s timetable for the flight at the time the ticket was issued.
I'm happy to be proven wrong... I'd love an addition £146 back on this deal!
Old Jan 12, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: BA Silver
You will not get any APD rebate from MH for connecting from another country on a separate ticket.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 12:50 pm

Programs: One World, Virgin
Does anyone know how I can calculate what taxes would be refunded if I had to cancel the flight. I understand its non-refundable but if my work schedule changes are there some government taxes I could get back for the flights to sooth my wounds?
Old Jan 13, 2017, 1:42 am

Even Cheaper!

I was playing around with this, and for example you can get this a bit cheaper such as £1450.42 for London to Melbourne.

You need to make sure your trip is before 1 September and book a minimum of 2 nights accommodation, so a crap hostel if you like. You can then enter the promo code AFFBOXP0117 which reduces price to £1450.42, maybe cheaper depending on what hostels you find. It didn't work on 1 night hostel stay. I'll do a screen shot in a minute.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 1:44 am

Voucher is for £50 off.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 2:02 am

£1460.76 Sydney

Old Jan 13, 2017, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
rachelandgromit - what site is that you're looking at?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.