Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LHR-Asia/Oz for £1100/1500 on MH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR-Asia/Oz for £1100/1500 on MH

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2017, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by henkybaby
Prices vary by date but I can still get £1128 in October for instance. Only searched a few dates.
Thanks ^
Old Jan 3, 2017, 3:57 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by DangerM55
Has anyone managed to login to manage their booking on the Malaysia site? My booking ref is still not recognised (although according to ebookers my ticket is issued and confirmed)... Or is there an alternative site I can login to choose seats etc like I was able to do with the alitalia farce?
The Manage My booking section on the MH website, is only for bookings made directly on their website.

For seats etc, you'll need to call MH or ebookers.

M
Old Jan 3, 2017, 5:06 am

Lhr-kul-syd-kul-Lhr First/business combo fare £2850.00

Currently sat in the First class lounge at KL, on this (to me) great fare to Sydney.
outbound A380 crew were fantastic, food was some of the best in flight for a longtime.

second leg on new configuration A330.

prices out at £1072.00 outbound and £1780.00 (ish) inbound.
dates throughout the year.

no sat night stay,I left the 2nd,returning the 7th.

​​​​​​This pricing upwards of 6k+ on other days.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 5:09 am

On MH website

Can be found on MH website.

cheaper than Business class.

Last edited by Qatar Airways; Jan 3, 2017 at 5:20 am Reason: Spelling
Old Jan 3, 2017, 6:13 am

This is a lovely deal. Managed to price it all up to around £1.5k for the Singapore GP in September. That was including a junior suite with lounge and breakfast for three nights, in a nice looking 4.5* close to the circuit...

Pity I have no friends, or at least, I have no freinds that can afford a weekend in SG. 😂
Old Jan 3, 2017, 8:09 am

Is there an easy way to search for fares to DPS (on ebookers), rather than having to go through the hotel selection step first, then to find that there is "no availability" for flights when you select one of the hostels?
Old Jan 3, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: BA GOLD
Originally Posted by rossmacd
Is there an easy way to search for fares to DPS (on ebookers), rather than having to go through the hotel selection step first, then to find that there is "no availability" for flights when you select one of the hostels?
you may check the flights on GF first, if price for your selected dates is approx £1500-1600, then you move over to ebooker to book with a hotel packaged together to reduce the price as to OP stated.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by roy2016
you may check the flights on GF first, if price for your selected dates is approx £1500-1600, then you move over to ebooker to book with a hotel packaged together to reduce the price as to OP stated.
Thank you ^, but I cannot get any prices for DPS on GF in the range you specify - all are £1,800+
Old Jan 3, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: BA GOLD
Thank you ^, but I cannot get any prices for DPS on GF in the range you specify - all are £1,800+
Unfortunately, I guess you have to play with the dates on ebooker one by one then, get yourself a beer/popcorn handy
Old Jan 3, 2017, 8:44 am

Do you have access to EF? If so, it should work as long as you find Z availability on the L/H portion. S/H seem to book into C.

For reference: I had somewhat buyers remorse on the account of QR supposedly launching a great sale in a few days time.

I called Expedia.co.uk who I booked through:

a) absolutely no changes or refunds permitted
b) Expedia.co.uk only allows refunds day of purchase, not within 24 hours. Expedia.com offers within 24 hours
c) As mentioned previously upthread, it appears as if YQ is omitted - cash refund of the taxes would have been ca £220.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: BA Silver AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by dannyrado
This is a lovely deal. Managed to price it all up to around £1.5k for the Singapore GP in September. That was including a junior suite with lounge and breakfast for three nights, in a nice looking 4.5* close to the circuit...

Pity I have no friends, or at least, I have no freinds that can afford a weekend in SG. 😂
I did the Singapore GP a couple of years ago, my spending was somewhat helped out by BA16 going tech on the day after the race, €600 back, thank you very much.

Spike
Old Jan 3, 2017, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by roy2016
Unfortunately, I guess you have to play with the dates on ebooker one by one then, get yourself a beer/popcorn handy
Thanks ^

Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
Do you have access to EF? If so, it should work as long as you find Z availability on the L/H portion. S/H seem to book into C.
Yes, I have EF. And the longhauls have plenty of Z availability, but still no luck. This one doesn't like me for some reason!
Old Jan 3, 2017, 10:58 am

Thanks ^

Yes, I have EF. And the longhauls have plenty of Z availability, but still no luck. This one doesn't like me for some reason!
That's weird. I booked BKK and that to me was the killer for availability. What dates you looking at?
Old Jan 3, 2017, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
That's weird. I booked BKK and that to me was the killer for availability. What dates you looking at?
Anything really - August, September, October. What I have found is that departing on a Saturday returning on a Sunday is giving better prices.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 11:17 am

Anything really - August, September, October. What I have found is that departing on a Saturday returning on a Sunday is giving better prices.
Sure you're not falling foul of a Saturday night stay? Don't think anyone has found the full fare rules.

I found this - picked a random date, Z availability confirmed with EF.

10:20 - to 12:05
Malaysia Airlines
18h 45m
LHR - to DPS
1 stop
2h 15m in KUL
Arrives Fri, 18 Aug
Expedia Special Fare
Malaysia Airlines
19:20 - to 05:55
Malaysia Airlines
17h 35m
DPS - to LHR
1 stop
1h 0m in KUL
Arrives Sat, 26 Aug
Expedia Special Fare

Price £1,622.48
Your Savings -£589.25
Taxes & Fees £203.91
Total: £1,237.14

£ 100 cheaper if you do an overnight layover in KUL on the return.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.