Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Ey a380 f various Pakistan airports - nyc ~3600 r/t; 1900 o/w

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ey a380 f various Pakistan airports - nyc ~3600 r/t; 1900 o/w

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2016, 1:33 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
PAK Port Allen Airport Hanapepe Hawaii USA ???
Old Sep 2, 2016, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
PAK Port Allen Airport Hanapepe Hawaii USA ???
PAK as in Pakistan. The airport code is LHE, KHI, or ISB

Last edited by caimaster; Sep 2, 2016 at 2:02 pm
Old Sep 2, 2016, 1:51 pm
was ShootinPutin11

Programs: AA-Plat, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium, UA-Silver, DL-Silver
This is definitely an appealing opportunity, mainly for the chance to fly EY F on the A380. The AA EQMs wouldn't hurt, either.

On the other hand, going to Pakistan seems dangerous. I'll admit I'm very uninformed on the Middle East - is anyone on the thread from there or have been there recently? Any thoughts on advisability of doing a quick in/out trip?
Old Sep 2, 2016, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
This seems like a very tempting fare! Though one word of caution, I flew from KHI two years ago on a CX fare. I was marked SSSS for HKG-JFK, and was flagged when I went through CBP. Needless to say YMMV
Old Sep 2, 2016, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by ShootinPutin11
This is definitely an appealing opportunity, mainly for the chance to fly EY F on the A380. The AA EQMs wouldn't hurt, either.

On the other hand, going to Pakistan seems dangerous. I'll admit I'm very uninformed on the Middle East - is anyone on the thread from there or have been there recently? Any thoughts on advisability of doing a quick in/out trip?
I make about 3-4 trips every year, and there are a few other flyertalkers here also.

Assuming you go from the airport to your standard chain marriots to the typical tourist spots (food alley, famous mosques), your trip will be fine.

Getting a visa will be a hassle, so consider a same-day turnaround if you're not from there.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA
Great fare. Easiest way to position to ISB (preferably on miles) from Asia? I'm thinking BKK-ISB on TG (20-35K Krisflyer or M&M miles in Y or J, or $330 for Y fare). PEK is a longer flight. AUH stopover? Refundable/change fees? Looking for a quick transit, disembarking or visiting ISB is my idea of hell. TG349 seems like the easiest way to get there.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Anyone have luck doing a stopover? It's allowed in the fare rules, but I don't seem to be able to price them out...
Old Sep 2, 2016, 11:10 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by nomii
I make about 3-4 trips every year, and there are a few other flyertalkers here also.

Assuming you go from the airport to your standard chain marriots to the typical tourist spots (food alley, famous mosques), your trip will be fine.

Getting a visa will be a hassle, so consider a same-day turnaround if you're not from there.
Is it possible to stay airside - I don't fancy the visa issues?
Old Sep 4, 2016, 3:28 pm

deals dead prices up around $3500 now
Old Sep 10, 2016, 6:57 am

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
Looks like it's available again.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 5:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by caimaster
Mileage earning will depend on your status with AA and the base fare of the ticket. It has nothing to do with class of service. The economy ticket for $600 will earn next to nothing since most of the cost are in fees and taxes.

EY Suites is by far the best hard product out there and it's worth the money in this case compared to J.
Besides AAdvantage, is there any other FFP to credit these flights to? The AA EQMs will probably be quite low for someone without status
Old Sep 13, 2016, 9:28 am
was ShootinPutin11

Programs: AA-Plat, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium, UA-Silver, DL-Silver
Originally Posted by nkvuong
Besides AAdvantage, is there any other FFP to credit these flights to? The AA EQMs will probably be quite low for someone without status
Elite-qualifying Miles (EQM) is the same regardless of status, so that shouldn't be an issue. Redeemable Miles (RDM) will be lower on AA for someone without status than for someone with status. wheretocredit.com can show you the percentage earnings for eligible airlines. Depending on who you fly with, there's some good opportunities.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 11:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ShootinPutin11
Elite-qualifying Miles (EQM) is the same regardless of status, so that shouldn't be an issue. Redeemable Miles (RDM) will be lower on AA for someone without status than for someone with status. wheretocredit.com can show you the percentage earnings for eligible airlines. Depending on who you fly with, there's some good opportunities.
Was meant to say RDM (I'm too used to the Tier Points/Avios of BA). As this is EY metal on AA codeshare though, I can't find any specific information on wheretocredit.com.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 6:33 pm

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
Strongly looked into this deal, but to position yourself in Lahore is a hassle, not to mention any layovers and visas, it's a chore!
Old Sep 13, 2016, 7:08 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by oh_lol
Strongly looked into this deal, but to position yourself in Lahore is a hassle, not to mention any layovers and visas, it's a chore!
For US citizens, is a visa required for transit through? From what I was reading, you don't need one if you have an onward ticket. I'm strongly considering re-routing the return leg of a trip I have planned to Thailand this November.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.