Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Ey a380 f various Pakistan airports - nyc ~3600 r/t; 1900 o/w

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ey a380 f various Pakistan airports - nyc ~3600 r/t; 1900 o/w

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2016, 11:04 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by a310pilot
Yes but Milage dealers also need to be aware of what they are getting into which does become part of the deal when you start your journey to position yourself . Pakistan is ready for a nuclear war at the moment. Tensions are High with India and they are firing at each other over line of control. Not sure if it's worth the risk (right now atleast)
Agreed.
Mileage Runs cannot be / should not be undertaken when climate surrounding the airline(s) , countries, political upheavals, local political/ regional conflicts etc.
Would you have flown MH after the two crashes ? Gone to Cairo at the time of Arab Spring ? No, at least the others that I know will not !
Old Oct 4, 2016, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by HMPS
Agreed.
Mileage Runs cannot be / should not be undertaken when climate surrounding the airline(s) , countries, political upheavals, local political/ regional conflicts etc.
Would you have flown MH after the two crashes ? Gone to Cairo at the time of Arab Spring ? No, at least the others that I know will not !
Off-topic for sure, but I went to Cairo during the Arab spring (even ventured into Tahrir Square during a Friday night protest) and it was wonderful. Talked politics with the locals and got wonderful upgrades and low prices everywhere because no other tourists were there, and never felt unsafe.

Anyway, great find OP. I'm seeing $1680 J for LHE-AUH-LHR-ORD-DFW which is very tempting.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 8:07 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by ValueAdd82
Off-topic for sure, but I went to Cairo during the Arab spring (even ventured into Tahrir Square during a Friday night protest) and it was wonderful. Talked politics with the locals and got wonderful upgrades and low prices everywhere because no other tourists were there, and never felt unsafe.

Anyway, great find OP. I'm seeing $1680 J for LHE-AUH-LHR-ORD-DFW which is very tempting.
Yes, most of the times no calamity befalls.....However I would rather not take a chance on being one in a million in such a case.

Maybe you will make me a benificiary of your ins policy ?
Old Nov 6, 2017, 10:48 am

The mileage earning to Hawaii is especially substantial, as in the KHI-OGG example below. Only a few months left to take advantage: EY/AA codesharing ends on March 25.
Attached Images  
Old Nov 6, 2017, 11:28 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
is this deal still available?
Old Nov 6, 2017, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
is this deal still available?
At a slightly higher cost of around $4,500+
Old Nov 6, 2017, 12:43 pm

It's $3,850-$4,200 round-trip for many destinations in the continental US currently, with one-ways starting at around $2,150. Hawaii is more at ~$4,700/$2,600.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 12:38 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Can I fly via AUH and LHR (on BA metals) to LAX with this fare instead of taking EY non-stop AUH to LAX? Example: KHI-(EY)AUH-(BA metal code share with AA)LHR-(AA)LAX-(AA)HNL and back.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Can I fly via AUH and LHR (on BA metals) to LAX with this fare instead of taking EY non-stop AUH to LAX? Example: KHI-(EY)AUH-(BA metal code share with AA)LHR-(AA)LAX-(AA)HNL and back.
Yes, that's possible.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 12:01 pm

If you're doing a turnaround, on a seperate ticket (e.g. LHR - KHI, then buying this cheapo fare), wouldn't it be extremely risky to be at the mercy of the airline agent at heathrow explaining why you don't need a visa? Since you're on a seperate ticket, how easy/hard is it to explain to them this?

I remember recently reading a travel blogger doing the same thing at SGN airport (Vietnam) where he was denied boarding BKK-SGN to catch the cheap qatar fare out of sgn.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by nomiiiii
If you're doing a turnaround, on a seperate ticket (e.g. LHR - KHI, then buying this cheapo fare), wouldn't it be extremely risky to be at the mercy of the airline agent at heathrow explaining why you don't need a visa? Since you're on a seperate ticket, how easy/hard is it to explain to them this?
I took once EK to KHI and then connecting to QR to DOH on one of these tickets to HNL in F and I had problems with EK check-in when I showed him the connecting departing out of KHI on the same day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.