Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skunker
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!
  • Double-check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTAs confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as much detail as possible about the First/Business fare, including: fare class, fare basis, one-way/round-trip, sales channel, sample dates and total price (including taxes).
  • When posting fare rules, please enclose them in a [COÐE][/COÐE] block. Note the use of the eth (Ð) instead of a capital D here to prevent the forum software from trying to insert an actual block. Be sure you use the capital D.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain point of origin, and only very rarely work in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Please include important information such as operating airline, fare classes, city pairs, etc. in the body of your post rather than the post title field as it is not visible to those reading FT on mobile devices. This is not the "trick it" thread. Please do not speak in code.
  • Please do not post large images. Not everyone has infinite resolution, and it makes the rest of the thread very difficult to read. If it's not important enough to type in, it's not important enough to be here.
  • Last but not least: don't call the airline!

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where fares on EI (Aer Lingus) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Aer Lingus does not offer first class. If you see this fare, please ignore it and do not post it here as it is completely unbookable in every sense of the term. The mods are summarily deleting these posts in order to unclutter the thread.

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where Z fares on EY (Etihad) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Z fares are discount business on EY. These fares will not receive chaffeur service. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1622229-removal-chauffeur-service-some-business-class-passengers.html

List of known, active deals:

JNB-DXB-SFO in EK F, $4k-ish one-way
MLE-HKG-US (various) in C, $1400 +/- available only on CX's website.
CMB-MIA, other US cities, for about $4400 in F, round-trip/return

BA AARP $400 discount for J/F bookings is now valid again for booking until 31 Oct 2014 but departure to EOS seems to get the discount. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1435816-ba-fare-discounts-aarp-4.html
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2014, 7:23 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
....and summer in Norway lasts for four to six weeks. (Sorry, OT)
Thought it was three weeks of bad sledding.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 5:36 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Most of the fares reported are J and aimed at a mix of a comfortable ride and miles. After a couple of really enjoyable F flights, I'm now interested in finding more paid F (with no concern about FF accrual). So far the best I find is ex-CMB EY fares to west coast of US for roughly $5800. Having done a 14 hour segment in EY F, this seems pretty reasonable, and I would be willing to do a positioning flight over.
Curious though if there are other good value paid F fares out there, any that beat that?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by stephem
Most of the fares reported are J and aimed at a mix of a comfortable ride and miles. After a couple of really enjoyable F flights, I'm now interested in finding more paid F (with no concern about FF accrual). So far the best I find is ex-CMB EY fares to west coast of US for roughly $5800. Having done a 14 hour segment in EY F, this seems pretty reasonable, and I would be willing to do a positioning flight over.
Curious though if there are other good value paid F fares out there, any that beat that?
I recently bought CPT-DXB-SFO Emirates First Class for $3,300 one way (77W and A380). RT was $5,100 with unlimited DXB stopovers each way.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Might want to consider looking for awards and outright buying miles. Wouldn't be able to do ex-CMB (at least not as one award), but ex-MLE in EY F one-way to the US would be just under $2700 normally that way, and $1770 with the current promo.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 6:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SFO777
I recently bought CPT-DXB-SFO Emirates First Class for $3,300 one way (77W and A380). RT was $5,100 with unlimited DXB stopovers each way.
I see CPT-DXB-BOS in First Class for $3,795 one way, while Business Class is $1,959 one way. Difference of $1,800 seems hefty.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 6:40 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
That's a good point. I did some numbers with that AS program for EK F too. I think the challenge is the lack of 2F awards in many programs, especially EK and EY for these ultra longhaul flights to the US west coast. I guess I'll have to dig around and see what kind of award space I can find.

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Might want to consider looking for awards and outright buying miles. Wouldn't be able to do ex-CMB (at least not as one award), but ex-MLE in EY F one-way to the US would be just under $2700 normally that way, and $1770 with the current promo.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
I see CPT-DXB-BOS in First Class for $3,795 one way, while Business Class is $1,959 one way. Difference of $1,800 seems hefty.
It all depends on your perspective. Any F fare in the $3K-$4K range for that distance and on that airline is a bargain, regardless of what the J fare is.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 7:10 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Not the best but OSL-BKK r/t on EK is $4300 in F
Old Dec 18, 2014, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
It all depends on your perspective. Any F fare in the $3K-$4K range for that distance and on that airline is a bargain, regardless of what the J fare is.
Probably anything less than USD150 per hour of long haul F flight time, would be good with EK, to put a semi-random number on it.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 9:05 pm

ex-cai has some decent fares in F

BA to LAX ~4000
EY to Asia ~3500
QR to Asia ~2900

In J, these are ~ 1500 to asia
Old Dec 19, 2014, 2:31 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by capeddan

BA to LAX ~4000
EY to Asia ~3500
QR to Asia ~2900

Are the above fares quoted in USD$ or GBP ?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 2:32 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Where do you deposit the miles when flying EK?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 2:53 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Where do you deposit the miles when flying EK?
Most likely AS.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by capeddan

BA to LAX ~4000
EY to Asia ~3500
QR to Asia ~2900

In USD
Interesting open-jaw J fare from CPT/JNB - NRT, CMB-JFK as well on SA/EY for ~1800 USD, ~4080 in F. Maybe useful for someone
Old Dec 19, 2014, 9:28 am

I'm now interested in finding more paid F (with no concern about FF accrual). So far the best I find is ex-CMB EY fares to west coast of US for roughly $5800.
Why not just spend $1,000 on a high end hotel and killer meal? Isn't that a better experience for less money? It doesn't seem like you want to go to CMB specifically. Am I missing something?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.