Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skunker
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!
  • Double-check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTAs confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as much detail as possible about the First/Business fare, including: fare class, fare basis, one-way/round-trip, sales channel, sample dates and total price (including taxes).
  • When posting fare rules, please enclose them in a [COÐE][/COÐE] block. Note the use of the eth (Ð) instead of a capital D here to prevent the forum software from trying to insert an actual block. Be sure you use the capital D.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain point of origin, and only very rarely work in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Please include important information such as operating airline, fare classes, city pairs, etc. in the body of your post rather than the post title field as it is not visible to those reading FT on mobile devices. This is not the "trick it" thread. Please do not speak in code.
  • Please do not post large images. Not everyone has infinite resolution, and it makes the rest of the thread very difficult to read. If it's not important enough to type in, it's not important enough to be here.
  • Last but not least: don't call the airline!

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where fares on EI (Aer Lingus) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Aer Lingus does not offer first class. If you see this fare, please ignore it and do not post it here as it is completely unbookable in every sense of the term. The mods are summarily deleting these posts in order to unclutter the thread.

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where Z fares on EY (Etihad) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Z fares are discount business on EY. These fares will not receive chaffeur service. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1622229-removal-chauffeur-service-some-business-class-passengers.html

List of known, active deals:

JNB-DXB-SFO in EK F, $4k-ish one-way
MLE-HKG-US (various) in C, $1400 +/- available only on CX's website.
CMB-MIA, other US cities, for about $4400 in F, round-trip/return

BA AARP $400 discount for J/F bookings is now valid again for booking until 31 Oct 2014 but departure to EOS seems to get the discount. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1435816-ba-fare-discounts-aarp-4.html
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:07 am

Programs: AF Plat. Ba Gold. SPG Plat. HH Diamond. Miles and Smiles Gold. LH Sen
Originally Posted by nux
Those prices are the base fare only, you need to include taxes/fees/charges which is what you see when you try to book. For AMS-GRU-AMS the additional cost is around €560. The fare also has a 90 day advanced purchase requirement.

I can find plenty of dates it is available, but it is not an exceptionally cheap fare.

Thanks! I missed the 90 days rule (stupid). and the taxes are crazy
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Freewilly
Thanks! I missed the 90 days rule (stupid). and the taxes are crazy
They aren't taxes, they are "carrier surcharges" or fees. Unfortunately fees of that magnitude are very common nowadays. It means that the "base fare" often has little relation to the final price.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 2:20 pm

Was playing around and ran across this. Unfortunately I don't have any use for it right now. Hopefully someone else can use it!

Old Oct 11, 2014, 2:29 pm

Programs: AAexp, UA*G, HY LT Globalist, FB Plat, Centurion
Originally Posted by ChrisKSDF
Was playing around and ran across this. Unfortunately I don't have any use for it right now. Hopefully someone else can use it!

The part that kills it for me is the A320 X CMB.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 2:42 pm

Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G

Looking at ITA, the AUH-LAX part books into Z, which is business class if I'm not mistaken.

I wonder what the OTA does, if you would book that?
Old Oct 11, 2014, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zagy
Looking at ITA, the AUH-LAX part books into Z, which is business class if I'm not mistaken.

I wonder what the OTA does, if you would book that?
Z is a business bucket. Probably the OTA has the wrong letter->description table.

You might have some claim for breach against the OTA if you bought this as described as "First" and were castigated to "Business" on the plane.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 3:22 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by Calchas
Z is a business bucket. Probably the OTA has the wrong letter->description table.

You might have some claim for breach against the OTA if you bought this as described as "First" and were castigated to "Business" on the plane.
Make sure you mention EY has a history of offering discount F from CMB.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...-rt-first.html
Old Oct 11, 2014, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by Calchas

How would one go about dealing with the ota in this case ?
Old Oct 11, 2014, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by su9062
How would one go about dealing with the ota in this case ?
If I had genuinely been sold the wrong product by a travel agent, I would expect a substantial refund after travel or a full refund before travel. If that were not forthcoming, I would consider carefully whether it was worth my time to issue a civil claim against them and/or my credit card issuer (who is jointly liable for their breach). Regulations in your jurisdiction may differ.

Of course, I would not advocate taking up the mistake deliberately and trying to profit from it.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 6:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Thanks for posting, but if you click through on the Big O, it shows as business and reprices to $2755.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 9:14 am

Hawaiian $2,562 (SFO) to Seoul (ICN) Nov, 24 hr in HNL, SFO-HNL First, HNL-ICN Bus

San Francisco (SFO) to Seoul (ICN) - Tue, Nov 4

San Francisco (SFO) to Honolulu (HNL) - Tue, Nov 4
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. 11 Dep: 8:45AM Arr: 12:15PM 5h 30m Airbus A330 First (P)
Layover in HNL 24h 30m

Honolulu (HNL) to Seoul (ICN) - Wed, Nov 5
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. 459 Dep: 12:45PM Arr: 6:50PM 11h 5m Airbus A330 Business (P)
Thu, Nov 6

Seoul (ICN) to San Francisco (SFO) - Thu, Nov 13
Seoul (ICN) to Honolulu (HNL) - Thu, Nov 13
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. 460 Dep: 9:15PM Arr: 10:45AM 8h 30m Airbus A330 Business (P)
Layover in HNL 3h 30m

Honolulu (HNL) to San Francisco (SFO) - Thu, Nov 13
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. 12 Dep: 2:15PM Arr: 9:15PM 5h 0m Airbus A330 First (P)

Cost per passenger (including taxes & fees) $2,561.80
Total cost for 1 passenger $2,561.80
Old Oct 12, 2014, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by SanFranDan
San Francisco (SFO) to Seoul (ICN) - Tue, Nov 4

San Francisco (SFO) to Honolulu (HNL) - Tue, Nov 4
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. 11 Dep: 8:45AM Arr: 12:15PM 5h 30m Airbus A330 First (P)
Layover in HNL 24h 30m

Honolulu (HNL) to Seoul (ICN) - Wed, Nov 5
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. 459 Dep: 12:45PM Arr: 6:50PM 11h 5m Airbus A330 Business (P)
Thu, Nov 6

Seoul (ICN) to San Francisco (SFO) - Thu, Nov 13
Seoul (ICN) to Honolulu (HNL) - Thu, Nov 13
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. 460 Dep: 9:15PM Arr: 10:45AM 8h 30m Airbus A330 Business (P)
Layover in HNL 3h 30m

Honolulu (HNL) to San Francisco (SFO) - Thu, Nov 13
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. 12 Dep: 2:15PM Arr: 9:15PM 5h 0m Airbus A330 First (P)

Cost per passenger (including taxes & fees) $2,561.80
Total cost for 1 passenger $2,561.80

Do they even have a business class? From what I remember and can tell on seatguru it's just first and econ. And first is all domestic first seats with no lie flats or angle flats.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by AndrewE
New York (JFK) to Oslo (OSL) - Thu, Nov 27
US Airways, Inc. New York (JFK) to London (LHR) - Thu, Nov 27
US Airways, Inc. 7156 Dep: 6:55PM Arr: 6:55AM 7h 0m Boeing 747 First (F)
OPERATED BY BRITISH AIRWAYS P.L.C. Layover in LHR Fri, Nov 28 3h 35m

US Airways, Inc. London (LHR) to Oslo (OSL) - Fri, Nov 28
US Airways, Inc. 7314 Dep: 10:30AM Arr: 1:40PM 2h 10m Airbus A320 Economy (Y)
OPERATED BY BRITISH AIRWAYS P.L.C.

Oslo (OSL) to New York (JFK) - Mon, Dec 1
US Airways, Inc. Oslo (OSL) to London (LHR) - Mon, Dec 1
US Airways, Inc. 7317 Dep: 7:20AM Arr: 9:00AM 2h 40m Airbus A319 Economy (Y)
OPERATED BY BRITISH AIRWAYS P.L.C. Layover in LHR 1h 35m

US Airways, Inc. London (LHR) to New York (JFK) - Mon, Dec 1
US Airways, Inc. 101 Dep: 10:35AM Arr: 1:35PM 8h 0m Boeing 777 First (F)
OPERATED BY AMERICAN AIRLINES INC.
Cost per passenger (including taxes & fees) $1,830.80
Total cost for 1 passenger $1,830.80
Is this gone? I was able to book up until last night. But it seems all dates are now gone.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 5:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Originally Posted by olouie
Do they even have a business class? From what I remember and can tell on seatguru it's just first and econ. And first is all domestic first seats with no lie flats or angle flats.
No. It is not flat seat. It is slightly better than regular domestic F with a footrest. It sucks. I do not consider it a good deal.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 8:39 pm
Used to be highman123

Saudia First SIN-DXB One-Way $989

F to Jeddah from SIN and than Economy JED-DXB. Scattered dates in November.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.