Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skunker
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!
  • Double-check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTAs confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as much detail as possible about the First/Business fare, including: fare class, fare basis, one-way/round-trip, sales channel, sample dates and total price (including taxes).
  • When posting fare rules, please enclose them in a [COÐE][/COÐE] block. Note the use of the eth (Ð) instead of a capital D here to prevent the forum software from trying to insert an actual block. Be sure you use the capital D.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain point of origin, and only very rarely work in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Please include important information such as operating airline, fare classes, city pairs, etc. in the body of your post rather than the post title field as it is not visible to those reading FT on mobile devices. This is not the "trick it" thread. Please do not speak in code.
  • Please do not post large images. Not everyone has infinite resolution, and it makes the rest of the thread very difficult to read. If it's not important enough to type in, it's not important enough to be here.
  • Last but not least: don't call the airline!

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where fares on EI (Aer Lingus) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Aer Lingus does not offer first class. If you see this fare, please ignore it and do not post it here as it is completely unbookable in every sense of the term. The mods are summarily deleting these posts in order to unclutter the thread.

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where Z fares on EY (Etihad) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Z fares are discount business on EY. These fares will not receive chaffeur service. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1622229-removal-chauffeur-service-some-business-class-passengers.html

List of known, active deals:

JNB-DXB-SFO in EK F, $4k-ish one-way
MLE-HKG-US (various) in C, $1400 +/- available only on CX's website.
CMB-MIA, other US cities, for about $4400 in F, round-trip/return

BA AARP $400 discount for J/F bookings is now valid again for booking until 31 Oct 2014 but departure to EOS seems to get the discount. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1435816-ba-fare-discounts-aarp-4.html
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2014, 6:20 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
UNited on COPA works from YYZ

Originally Posted by jeautk01
lax-mia-asu-mia-jfk-lax if you book on aa.com you can get the return leg jfk-lax for $1800 makes mileage 13555.

lax-phl-mia-asu-mia-jfk-lax for ~$2000 14628mi

Dates available in October and November

You can also do oj back to SFO to get lax-mia-asu-mia-sfo fare down to $1717

a little more digging you can get lax-jfk-mia-asu-mia-jfk-lax for $1864 dates in october ~15000 mi

AA VLX73CQ1 LAX to ASU
COPA has the same business class fare from Toronto... YYZ-PTY-ASU.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 9:49 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by TPJ
Info there is not all correct - for example all EU nationals are visa exempt to Paraguay.

Timatic is more reliable source:http://www.staralliance.com/en/servi...a-and-health/#
Well, it is the Paraguay embassy website so you would think they would be the most reliable.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 9:51 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by lovenola
Seeing lots of fares in the $950 range for Jan. LAX to BOG RT on AA and $1175 for the same time frame for HNL BOG RT. Comes up on google flights
Try further south, too.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 3:48 pm

Programs: QF P1,UA 1K,HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
ORD-MAD Star Alliance
$2366, November and December.

My apologies if duplicate, I did try searching.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:05 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by windycityf
ORD-MAD Star Alliance
$2366, November and December.

My apologies if duplicate, I did try searching.
Yes, but it's OK. A good reminder that we're going on Day 11 and these fares are still alive. Unlike the prior couple of rounds which disappeared after 48 hours or so (though those were some incredible fares!)

And can we put to bed the notion now that simply reporting things on the board causes the airlines to pull the fares?
Old Sep 18, 2014, 1:17 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by 18sas
And can we put to bed the notion now that simply reporting things on the board causes the airlines to pull the fares?
Don't be daft, this is a regular fare not an error-fare.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 5:57 am
AHO

[Business class] Stockholm/Gothenburg-Bangkok R/, British Airways, 1.535 EUR/1.980USD

Prices to Hong Kong and Singapore is much more expensive than to Bangkok but this fare allows 2 free stopovers in these cities.
Buy latest: 2014-SEP-30

[Business class] Stockholm/Gothenburg-Bangkok R/, British Airways, 1.535 EUR / 1.980 USD incl. taxes

STO/GOT-BKK R/T
Airlines: British Airways (BA)
Cabin class: Business
Booking class: I (long haul), J (within Europa)
Fare basis: INCEURS
Price: 8.831 SEK + taxes ca 5.260 SEK and up, total from ca 1.535 EUR / 1.980 USD incl. taxes
Advance purchase: 7 days
Min/Max stay: Stay between Saturday and Sunday / 12 months
Buy latest: 2014-SEP-30
Valid for travel out: latest 2015-MAR-31
Stopover: Unlimited stopover is allowed. 2 free and further stopover costs 200 EUR per stop
Child discount: 33% discount from the base fare
Refund: No
Rebooking: Yes, against a fee of 3.600 SEK each time
Routing:
  • Stockholm/Gothenburg-(BA)-London-(BA)-Bangkok
  • Stockholm/Gothenburg-(BA)-London-(BA)-Singapore/Hong Kong-(CX)-Bangkok

Therse is no First class cabin on flights between London LHR-Bangkok, but there are on flights between London LHR-Hong Kong/Singapore. So there is a chance to be able to upgrade to First class by using Avios on these routes.

Avios Booster 2014 may apply. Pre-registration is required.
http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...an-bonus-avios

For more information
[Business class] Stockholm/Göteborg-Bangkok T/R, British Airways, 14.100 SEK inkl. skatter
Old Sep 18, 2014, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
Don't be daft, this is a regular fare not an error-fare.
Yes, but I'm not the daft one. I'm responding to someone from a couple of weeks ago who complained that I had caused the the airlines to pull the fares by reporting them here.

Anyway, as soon as I say that, the US-BCN/MAD/HEL deals appear to be dead as of this AM. They've come back several times, so hopefully they may reappear soon.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 6:59 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
CMB-DXB on MH books in Z~ US$950 rt, at under 10cpm.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by AHO
Avios Booster 2014 may apply. Pre-registration is required.
Isn't that only for TATL travel?
Old Sep 18, 2014, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by 18sas
Yes, but I'm not the daft one. I'm responding to someone from a couple of weeks ago who complained that I had caused the the airlines to pull the fares by reporting them here.

Anyway, as soon as I say that, the US-BCN/MAD/HEL deals appear to be dead as of this AM. They've come back several times, so hopefully they may reappear soon.
Aaaaannnddd.. they're back. At least BOS-HEL and LAX-HEL on AF. Keep checking back today and they may start propagating through the system for other routes and other carriers. Happy hunting!
Old Sep 18, 2014, 12:52 pm

Programs: Platinum
I still see EUG-MAD for ~$2000. Unfortunately for me, only delta
Old Sep 19, 2014, 6:02 am
AHO

Originally Posted by Lack
Isn't that only for TATL travel?
OT answer:
The terms & Condition of the promo says; with a BA prefix on a BA long-haul operated service

Originally Posted by British Airways
A Qualifying Flight is a single sector flight
(i) with a BA prefix on a BA long-haul operated service
(ii) with a BA, AA, IB or AY prefix on transatlantic flights operated by American Airlines, British Airways, Iberia, Finnair or US Airways between the EU, Norway, Switzerland and North America, Mexico and Puerto Rico
(iii) OpenSkies services from Paris Orly to Newark or New York JFK​
in the following cabins and booking classes:
British Airways First (F, A), Club World (J, C, D, R, I), World Traveller Plus (W, E, T)
OpenSkies Biz Bed (J, C, D, R, I), Prem Plus (W, E, T)
American Airlines First class (F, A, P), Business class (J, D, R, I)
Iberia Business Plus (J, C, D, R, I)
Finnair Business class (J,C,D,I)​

There is a thread in Brirish Airways forum, so please go ahead with your question if you need more clarification.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ios-promo.html
Old Sep 19, 2014, 11:04 am

Programs: DL DM
EY: NRT-MUC RT Biz promo EUR 1281 from http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...ur-1281-a.html
Old Sep 19, 2014, 5:10 pm

OneWorld from LAS/TUS to AMS in January around $2300, LAS/TUS to a few airports in Italy in January around $2300. OneWorld has finally started some decent prices with all the great pricing that Skyteam has done recently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.