Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skunker
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!
  • Double-check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTAs confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as much detail as possible about the First/Business fare, including: fare class, fare basis, one-way/round-trip, sales channel, sample dates and total price (including taxes).
  • When posting fare rules, please enclose them in a [COÐE][/COÐE] block. Note the use of the eth (Ð) instead of a capital D here to prevent the forum software from trying to insert an actual block. Be sure you use the capital D.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain point of origin, and only very rarely work in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Please include important information such as operating airline, fare classes, city pairs, etc. in the body of your post rather than the post title field as it is not visible to those reading FT on mobile devices. This is not the "trick it" thread. Please do not speak in code.
  • Please do not post large images. Not everyone has infinite resolution, and it makes the rest of the thread very difficult to read. If it's not important enough to type in, it's not important enough to be here.
  • Last but not least: don't call the airline!

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where fares on EI (Aer Lingus) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Aer Lingus does not offer first class. If you see this fare, please ignore it and do not post it here as it is completely unbookable in every sense of the term. The mods are summarily deleting these posts in order to unclutter the thread.

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where Z fares on EY (Etihad) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Z fares are discount business on EY. These fares will not receive chaffeur service. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1622229-removal-chauffeur-service-some-business-class-passengers.html

List of known, active deals:

JNB-DXB-SFO in EK F, $4k-ish one-way
MLE-HKG-US (various) in C, $1400 +/- available only on CX's website.
CMB-MIA, other US cities, for about $4400 in F, round-trip/return

BA AARP $400 discount for J/F bookings is now valid again for booking until 31 Oct 2014 but departure to EOS seems to get the discount. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1435816-ba-fare-discounts-aarp-4.html
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2014, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by privacylawyer

Originally Posted by jeautk01
Jfk-bcn ow nov 23-29/30 $1621 us+ay

us zna6q2y1
ay ina6q2y1
which airline?
US=US Airways, AY=Finnair
Old Sep 9, 2014, 9:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Emirates
AARP Working Now

John F Kennedy (NY) (New York) - Barcelona - Friday 28 November 2014
Departs 17:3028 Nov Carrier American Airlines
Arrives 07:1029 Nov Cabin Business
Flight BA1556

Barcelona - John F Kennedy (NY) (New York) - Monday 01 December 2014
Departs 10:0001 Dec Carrier American Airlines
Arrives 13:1501 Dec Cabin Business
Flight BA1557

Price
$1,403.75 1 passenger
Email price quote
Baggage allowance
Currency calculator

Change flights

Passenger Fare Taxes, fees and carrier charges per person Total price**
1 Adult $455.00 $948.75 $1,403.75
Old Sep 9, 2014, 10:06 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
Originally Posted by JW76
Am I the only one who's had trouble getting the AARP rate to work on the BA website? It asks you to login... which I do, then it just sits there forever.
I had the same problem last weekend and was unable to contact AARP because their customer service desk is only open M-F. Finally I call on Mon. and was advised that everything is in order with my membership. The agent asked me to reset the password and use Google Chrome instead of IE or Firefox because they recently updated their website. None of that worked, so she apologized and gave me a number to the call center to book the flight over the phone. That number turned out to be Expedia and they did not know what the heck I was talking about when I requested the BA AARP discount, so I hung up and booked on BA site.

I booked my reservation on Mon. morning and by evening the link worked, so I cancelled my original reservation because it was less than 24 hrs and booked a new one and not only did I get the AARP discount, but the additional 10% off for using the BA Visa. Promotion code is "CARDOFFERU". The link allows you to combine both offers.

Last edited by aw; Sep 9, 2014 at 10:30 pm
Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:37 am

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
Originally Posted by toppi5000
SA/SU night required
Books in Z
Only see the one that booked into P class
Old Sep 10, 2014, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
looks like London is also in play this time around, higher prices due to APD, etc.
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
... i don't want to pay APD to go to LHR.
Really? How about transiting?

You only pay APD when STARTING your journey in the UK (including return leg) or when you have a STOPOVER there (>24 hours).

On most of these fares transiting LHR for <24 hours, there's no APD.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 3:09 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by Calchas

Here are the rules.

[/CODE]
Calchas, do you mind saying where you access these rules? Do they come from ExpertFlyer or KVS?
Old Sep 10, 2014, 3:12 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by Biggles68
Calchas, do you mind saying where you access these rules? Do they come from ExpertFlyer or KVS?
It looks to be from ExpertFlyer although KVS can also be used.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

us zna6q2y1
ay ina6q2y1
Originally Posted by privacylawyer
which airline?
Any airline in the joint venture (AA, AY, BA, IB, US).

This fare seems to be valid on a lot of US-Europe routes (it's the same one as the JFK-IBZ route posted above), so there are probably a few good deals.

Originally Posted by Biggles68
ExpertFlyer. Best £60 I've spent all year. I'm sure KVS does a good job too but I have a Mac.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 4:08 am

Programs: UA Gold, ANA, Spg Gold
Originally Posted by olm022
Only see the one that booked into P class
Yes, I would jump on a VIE-NRT but can't see it. Any dates or rules? thanks
Old Sep 10, 2014, 7:19 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA 1k.
Originally Posted by aw
... not only did I get the AARP discount, but the additional 10% off for using the BA Visa. Promotion code is "CARDOFFERU". The link allows you to combine both offers.
I think this only works on BA-operated flights. Tried on AA and it complained.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vip66
I think this only works on BA-operated flights. Tried on AA and it complained.
Did you try it on AA.com or BA.com?

You can book AA and US flights on BA ticket stock as long as there is at least one joint venture transatlantic flight (AA/BA/IB/AY/US) on the ticket.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points

us zna6q2y1
ay ina6q2y1
Is that just a typical thanksgiving sale?
Old Sep 10, 2014, 9:10 am
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond

You can book AA and US flights on BA ticket stock as long as there is at least one joint venture transatlantic flight (AA/BA/IB/AY/US) on the ticket.
That might be true for the AARP discount, but CARDOFFERU (10% off with BA Visa by Chase) is only valid on all BA-metal, all BA flight number itineraries. Cannot have any other mix of carriers even if it carries a BA flight number on it.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rufflesinc
Is that just a typical thanksgiving sale?
Also available in December.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 9:17 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA 1k.

Yes, on ba.com and it gave me an error saying the flight (which happened to be operated by AA; or the fare) was not eligible:

Error
You may not use CARDOFFERU with one or more of the airlines operating your chosen flights
Sorry, CARDOFFERU may not be used in conjunction with some discounted fares. Please refer to the promotion rules

The Chase offer terms specify: "Discount is not valid for flights on code share or franchise carriers."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.