Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skunker
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!
  • Double-check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTAs confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as much detail as possible about the First/Business fare, including: fare class, fare basis, one-way/round-trip, sales channel, sample dates and total price (including taxes).
  • When posting fare rules, please enclose them in a [COÐE][/COÐE] block. Note the use of the eth (Ð) instead of a capital D here to prevent the forum software from trying to insert an actual block. Be sure you use the capital D.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain point of origin, and only very rarely work in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Please include important information such as operating airline, fare classes, city pairs, etc. in the body of your post rather than the post title field as it is not visible to those reading FT on mobile devices. This is not the "trick it" thread. Please do not speak in code.
  • Please do not post large images. Not everyone has infinite resolution, and it makes the rest of the thread very difficult to read. If it's not important enough to type in, it's not important enough to be here.
  • Last but not least: don't call the airline!

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where fares on EI (Aer Lingus) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Aer Lingus does not offer first class. If you see this fare, please ignore it and do not post it here as it is completely unbookable in every sense of the term. The mods are summarily deleting these posts in order to unclutter the thread.

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where Z fares on EY (Etihad) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Z fares are discount business on EY. These fares will not receive chaffeur service. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1622229-removal-chauffeur-service-some-business-class-passengers.html

List of known, active deals:

JNB-DXB-SFO in EK F, $4k-ish one-way
MLE-HKG-US (various) in C, $1400 +/- available only on CX's website.
CMB-MIA, other US cities, for about $4400 in F, round-trip/return

BA AARP $400 discount for J/F bookings is now valid again for booking until 31 Oct 2014 but departure to EOS seems to get the discount. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1435816-ba-fare-discounts-aarp-4.html
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2014, 3:05 pm
Used to be highman123

from Asuncion, Paraguay to Miami $1,023

$1,023 - Business Class

Departure from: Asuncion (ASU)

Destination: Miami (MIA)

Stops: Bogota, Lima, San Salvador

Airline(s): Avianca

Sample dates: Aug 26 – Aug 27

Total miles flown: 8,803 miles

Fare class: Business (D)

Cost per mile flown (the lower the better): 11
Old Jul 28, 2014, 4:15 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MightyTravels
$1,189 - Business Class

Departure from: Montego Bay (MBJ)

Destination: Honolulu (HNL)

Stops: Houston, Los Angeles

Airline(s): United Airlines

Sample dates: Sep 13 – Oct 10

Total miles flown: 10,572 miles

Fare class: P

Can also route through ORD/EWR for more miles
Old Jul 28, 2014, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by MightyTravels
$1,189 - Business Class

Departure from: Montego Bay (MBJ)

Destination: Honolulu (HNL)
I've done a few of these Caribbean-Hawaii trips before, but this one's pretty tough to work out as a MR. Price has very limited available dates for short duration. Haven't found an outbound option without an overnight stay. Not to mention positioning to MBJ is no picnic.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 9:07 pm

Programs: AF Platinum, UA Platinum Million Miler Lifetime Gold, QR Platinum, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Diamond
ARN-BKK

Originally Posted by Pontus Ahlgren
Swiss AIR
ARN -BKK for 1820 usd return P class, many dates from August till September.
Is it a good deal ?
Where did you see this mate, I have lookd everywhere, i want it.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Rob Willett
Where did you see this mate, I have lookd everywhere, i want it.
Try SWISS website: 29 September 06 October. NOK11560 (USD1860)

ORBITZ and other OTAs (USD1869).
Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:04 am

Programs: UA MM, Premier Plat, Costco EM
Originally Posted by FTstudent
I've done a few of these Caribbean-Hawaii trips before, but this one's pretty tough to work out as a MR. Price has very limited available dates for short duration. Haven't found an outbound option without an overnight stay. Not to mention positioning to MBJ is no picnic.
I live near ORD, and keep trying a way to figure out if I can do 2 separate holidays out of this fare (i.e., ORD-MBJ-ORd for a few days, then a few weeks later do ORD-HNL and back to ORD and use the ORD-MBJ later). Probably not, but worth a thought / try
Old Jul 29, 2014, 8:40 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ordogg
I live near ORD, and keep trying a way to figure out if I can do 2 separate holidays out of this fare (i.e., ORD-MBJ-ORd for a few days, then a few weeks later do ORD-HNL and back to ORD and use the ORD-MBJ later). Probably not, but worth a thought / try
UA has some cheaper P fares out of their hubs to HNL.. ~$1450 r/t instead of usually $2k. Might be worth it instead of paying for positioning flights.
travel thru 11/18.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by ordogg
i dont think the fare allows stopovers. there are some UA fares that do, mostly from canada to hawaii and most of them route by SFO or DEN though.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by izzik
UA has some cheaper P fares out of their hubs to HNL.. ~$1450 r/t instead of usually $2k. Might be worth it instead of paying for positioning flights.
travel thru 11/18.
$1427 ORD-HNL is indeed a very good fare. Not finding EWR ...@ this price
Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FTstudent
What kind of RDMs/PQMs are possible with this fare anyway?
Old Jul 30, 2014, 11:20 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by cesco.g
What kind of RDMs/PQMs are possible with this fare anyway?
SJU-OGG was 25,946 / 19,347 (UA Gold) $1093
NAS-HNL was 18,246 / 18,246 (no status) $1240

and a great opportunity to thank the wonderful FT members that posted these in the first place.

Last edited by FTstudent; Jul 30, 2014 at 11:22 am Reason: typo
Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
DL LIM-YVR and v-v $1,061 OW, $1,760 YVR-LIM RT

Delta has some OW Z fares for LIM-YVR (works the other way around too) for $1,063 a/i ($400 less than I fares to SEA). Not a great fare but considering DL wants about the same for SCL-YVR in the back and ~$250 more than the lowest back cabin OW fare.

Also I fares out of LIM and UIO for $1,353 a/i OW.

YVR-LIM-YVR is available for $1,776 a/i in Z.

The routing offered is YVR-SLC-ATL-LIM/UIO and v-v. Don't have access to the rules to see what else is allowed (we're coming back from a land trip after a cruise down to SCL hence the OW fare and not looking for weird routings)

Seems these fares are available only through DL.com

Good for at least Sept through Nov 2014

Last edited by YVR Cockroach; Jul 30, 2014 at 1:43 pm
Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:37 pm
Used to be highman123

from Montevideo, Uruguay to Los Angeles $1,460

$1,460 - Business class

Departure from: Montevideo (MVD)

Destination: Los Angeles (LAX)

Stops: Lima, San Salvador

Airline(s): Avianca

Sample dates: Aug 6 – Aug 9

Total miles flown: 12,644 miles

Fare class: Business D

Old Jul 30, 2014, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
YVR-LIM-YVR is available for $1,776 a/i in Z.
UA is a couple hundred less. Routings through EWR allowed.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 8:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by tracon
UA is a couple hundred less.
And at least until March (I haven't bother to check later than that). Now if they would only extend to EZE...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.