Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Acceptable ID

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2008, 9:13 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by sbm12
As of today there is. It isn't a regulation, per se, but it is a new TSA policy. They're driving the REAL ID standards. Also being discussed in this thread.
Thank you. That's very helpful. I don't like it, but at least I know I'll have to start presenting my drivers license rather than my federal ID that has no expiration date.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Thank you. That's very helpful. I don't like it, but at least I know I'll have to start presenting my drivers license rather than my federal ID that has no expiration date.
Yes. Isn't it good to know that your federal ID which required a background check and many other checks proves less about your safety on a plane than an ID that is issued to anyone who can present a couple documents (state issued ID).
Old Apr 28, 2008, 10:23 pm

Programs: JAL, ANA
Originally Posted by gj83
Yes. Isn't it good to know that your federal ID which required a background check and many other checks proves less about your safety on a plane than an ID that is issued to anyone who can present a couple documents (state issued ID).
Its even more amusing when you consider the documentation you had to present, and the amount of money the federal government spent to verify you are who you say you are, and the fact that another agency poo poos all of that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.