Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Top 10 list of TSA complaints

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2008, 5:51 am

Programs: I work for the TSA
Let me get this straight.

You're saying, with a straight face, that the number on the nameplate, next to the name of the TSAer, was on public display for nothing more than ordering uniforms?
I have no idea what that number was for -- it didn't appear anywhere besides on our nameplates, and wasn't used for anything, as far as I can tell.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 6:13 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, OZ*G, AA Gold, AS MVP
Now that's odd- I remember having a debate with someone (edit- I remember now, I think it was HSVTSO Dean, who also posts here- but I go by (OpenID) Yangj08 on the TSA blog, not this username) on the TSA blog a long time ago about identifying a TSO and was told that the badge number was a "serial number" that was used in combination with the first name to identify any TSO.

Last edited by jamar; Oct 14, 2008 at 6:57 am
Old Oct 14, 2008, 6:32 am

Sorry for the doublepost, internet is acting up.

Last edited by jamar; Oct 14, 2008 at 6:54 am Reason: doublepost
Old Oct 14, 2008, 6:38 am

sorry for the triplepost (can't believe I managed that)- internet is acting up.

Last edited by jamar; Oct 14, 2008 at 6:54 am Reason: gah, triplepost?!
Old Oct 16, 2008, 12:43 pm

badges

I have no idea what the old number was really for but it could not have been anything that important it is not on the new badges. As I have said this was told to me by a TSO in DFW, which is the last time I flew Delta. Never ever fly stand by any were with Delta. I think I was harassed more by Delta than TSA on that trip from hell. And No I did not pack up and go home I went and made dinner and did things not based on a computer...remember I said all it took was me simply closing this darn laptop.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 3:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Spiff
Screening should be done by private security contractors with no government interference.

I'd be ok with pay your money, take your chances as it already exists: general aviation. For commercial aviation, airlines should be free to compete on what security, if any, they choose to offer.
^^^ I'll gladly fly on the first airline that lets me defend myself aboard. AirGanja has a nice ring to it.

Originally Posted by Superguy
It's not like TSA's securing the airspace anyway.
It's not like TSA is securing much of anything.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 9:05 pm

Thumbs down Its Travelers that dont pay attention to the news that post crazy threads!

Originally Posted by Mats
#1 Barking. It's completely un-called-for

#2 The liquid ban. It makes no scientific or conceptual sense, makes screeners' jobs far more difficult, thereby making it less safe to fly. Scientific sense-EVER HEARD OF "LIQUID EXPLOSIVES?"

#3 Shoes. Nobody has ever been hurt or injured by a shoe-related weapon in an airport or airplane. It wastes time and it prolongs the screening process. It's a stupid rule, time to axe it.-READ THE NEWS,EVER HEAR OF THE SHOE BOMBER?
#4 SSSS. We all know it's bogus. Just stop it, for crying out loud.--DID U KNOW THE PEOPLE THAT TOOK DOWN THE PLANES ON 911 IS THE REASON WHY WE HAVE SSSS?

Item #1 will be tough to fix--too many "soldier of fortune" types thinking they're the "front line in the war on terror."--WE ARE!! Items #2, #3, and #4 are easily correctable, but Kip would never swallow his pride to make these changes.

The barking, the liquid ban, and the shoe carnival catalyze the TSA's loss of legitimacy as an authority. From an organizational behavior standpoint, we're dealing with meaningless, poorly-enforced rules. It's a recipe for disaster.--THEN DONT FLY

I sometimes think that TSA employees should have to take a mandatory trip to Ben Gurion Airport in Tel Aviv. They can see how polite, friendly, organized, and quick it is to clear security in perhaps the strictest airport in the world... I'm not talking about the profiling stuff; just their attitude.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 10:05 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, TSA Disparager Gold, going for Platnium
P2BTSA - I hate to break it to you but your in for a very rude awakening as your first post shows alot of ignorance, and is the equivalent of a floater in the punch bowel.

for your red yelling response. Umm hate to break it to you but you mean the liquid fantasy? That has no basis in reality nor backing by any peer reviewed scientific group? then not to mention the horrid smell of said chemicals would give it away, and not able to be mixed on a aircraft due to needing to be mixed in controlled conditions that arent possible on a aircraft.

again another one-off. how many other planes have fallen from the sky of shoe bombs? easy NONE, and psst btw x-ray scanners cant detect explosives.

third do you know that SSSS was around before then, and that the 9/11 hijackers didnt violate rules at the time of the incident. furthermore the SSSS like TSA has yet to stop or catch a terrorist.

That dont fly comment is ironic because if thats what happened you would be on the street without a job. The poster your quoting has very valid points. if you would bother to read alittle, remove the blinders and stop guzzling the koolaid you would see that, but it seems like your a incarnate of Ron, who even when proven wrong wont ever admit it.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 6:50 am

1) Whenever a shift arrives or departs, it's mayhem in the airport. I've never seen a bunch of adults act like kids on the last day of school. All over the place, running in traffic.
Happens lots of places. Took years when I work to figure out that you couldn't give an entire shift the exact same starting and ending time. Result was either no turnover or all turnover meaning no service. Guess its partly a function of management never having frontline jobs.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 7:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Top Ten TSA complaints?

1. They exist
2. They exist
3. They exist
4. They exist
5. They exist
6. They exist
7. They exist
8. They exist
9. They exist
10. They exist
Old Jun 21, 2010, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by Proud2BeTSA
Scientific sense-EVER HEARD OF "LIQUID EXPLOSIVES?"
Impossible to create airside without laboratory conditions.

Originally Posted by Proud2BeTSA
THEN DONT FLY
Greyhound bus passengers get screened, pat down in special TSA operation
Old Jun 22, 2010, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by TakeScissorsAway
What are your top 10 complaints about TSA ?
#1: TSA refuses to publish the rules people are required to follow in order to pass a TSA airport barricade.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pmocek
#1: TSA refuses to publish the rules people are required to follow in order to pass a TSA airport barricade.
Phil, any update of when your case is rescheduled for?
Can't seem to find the docket info.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 9:26 am

TSA bad customer service.

I
was on my way to Austin, I got bumped from my flight, because TSA
couldnt get in my bag. I use a TSA approved lock. When I wanted to talk
to a supervisor (Farakanel*) he said he did not have to talk to me and
if I did not go away he would call the state troopers on me. So I went
and found my own State Trooper. and filed my own complaint against him.
It was even a military bag...
Old Oct 12, 2010, 10:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by texas_cowboy11
I
was on my way to Austin, I got bumped from my flight, because TSA
couldnt get in my bag. I use a TSA approved lock. When I wanted to talk
to a supervisor (Farakanel*) he said he did not have to talk to me and
if I did not go away he would call the state troopers on me. So I went
and found my own State Trooper. and filed my own complaint against him.
It was even a military bag...
Welcome to FlyerTalk, texas_cowboy!

How did the trooper react when you filed your complaint? Was it a "don't waste my time" reaction or a "here they (TSA) go again" reaction?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.