Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Top 10 list of TSA complaints

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2007, 4:28 pm

Programs: HA Pua. Platinum WP, PR, QF, UA, AA, DL, NW Prince Preferred
Originally Posted by Spiff
Your idiot boss Kip hawley loves to throw out technological terms he doesn't understand. "X-ray! Liquid terror! Shoe-icide!" Resist the temptation to follow in that imbecile's footsteps.
Hi ya, Spiff! Sure miss ya here in the aina. When's your next trip?

Hey - can you come up with "Spiff's Law"? Something like "The intelligence of the DHS directors is inversely proportional to the numer of ineffectual restrictions they impose on the travelling public." Or something like that?

Have fun!

Aloha,

kaukau
Old Mar 16, 2008, 9:37 am

reply to 2-10

Originally Posted by whirledtraveler
#2 Shoe carnival //Do you know who Richard Ried is?
#3 Liquid ban // London, remember?
#4 TSA employee impertinence // should be respectful, some give what they get
#5 Ridiculously long lines // get thier early like your told
#6 Laptop removal // how else do you see the items in the bag that could not be seen with laptop in the bag?
#7 TSA employee personal hygiene // Passenger personal hygiene
#8 Screening exclusion for security-side airport employees // They get screened when they go through a checkpoint, going elsewhere...background checks done plus random screening----also, not getting on the plane
#9 Inconsistent rule application // should follow same SOP guidelines, differs amongst airports I know, lets keep the bad guys thinking
#10 TSA Employee laziness (refusing to push items through the x-ray machine) // Passengers are not lazy for not pushing THIER ITEMS through the x-ray? untill pushed in the machine the consent has not been given to screen the item.
Old Mar 16, 2008, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA Gold, DL FO, HH Diamond
Interesting that this thread got resurrected. I just re-read thru it and didn't find this one anywhere, and as recent readers of this forum know, it's my current personal hot button:

- Lack of "eye in the sky" cameras at EVERY SINGLE LOCATION where TSA might be hand-inspecting checked baggage, so that there is proof/recourse (or prevention!) of DISHONEST, THIEVING TSOs stealing items of value from passengers' checked bags, due to either general lack of ethics/honesty, or just wanting to "stick it to the man" for feeling overworked/underpaid by taking some extra compensation and knowing there will be no consequences.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 9:00 am

Angry Rules, misconceptions and general ignorance

Are you kidding?! Nothing is done without a just reason behind it. The shoes are because of a good reason, google shoe bomber and while your at it google london airport liquids scare. I believe these annoyances to be necessary. The barking is uncalled for but ex military are a little set in some ways. WATCH THE NEWS, DO A LITTLE RESEARCH AND LEARN SOMETHING FOR GODS SAKE.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 9:09 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by CWalters
Are you kidding?! Nothing is done without a just reason behind it. The shoes are because of a good reason, google shoe bomber and while your at it google london airport liquids scare. I believe these annoyances to be necessary. The barking is uncalled for but ex military are a little set in some ways. WATCH THE NEWS, DO A LITTLE RESEARCH AND LEARN SOMETHING FOR GODS SAKE.
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

The shoe bomber excuse is the stupidest, lamest excuse ever offered for mandatory shoe removal.

Plastic explosives are malleable. They can be hidden anywhere in or on a person, not just in shoes.

The liquid terror plot is a big fat lie. Such explosives cannot be manufactured without time and temperature control. This would be nearly impossible to achieve airside.

We've done our research - I suggest you do yours instead of believing a bunch of lies that some imbecile in TSA or morons in DfT have thrust upon us.

Both agencies, TSA and DfT, should be permanently destroyed and their scummy "leaders" locked up in prison.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 9:15 am

Exclamation ...why do you try

Originally Posted by LessO2
Get the name and badge number of the TSAer. Let him/her know you've recorded his/her information and will use it should you find damaged equipment. Let THEM squirm for once.
I have to tell and I am sorry to say but the "badge number" is not a real badge number and while you have their name and every other name of everyone at one specific airport none of that will ever make any officer squirm. I can guarantee it. Not because they are cocky but because they are doing their job.

FYI THE SSSS IS PUT THERE BY THE AIRLINE NOT TSA, TAKE YOUR PASS BACK TO THE COUNTER AND ASK THEM TO REMOVE THE SSSS. THEY WILL, THERE ISSUE SOLVED.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 9:22 am

I have to tell and I am sorry to say but the "badge number" is not a real badge number and while you have their name and every other name of everyone at one specific airport none of that will ever make any officer squirm. I can guarantee it. Not because they are cocky but because they are doing their job.
Passengers' experience says otherwise.

FYI THE SSSS IS PUT THERE BY THE AIRLINE NOT TSA, TAKE YOUR PASS BACK TO THE COUNTER AND ASK THEM TO REMOVE THE SSSS. THEY WILL, THERE ISSUE SOLVED.
Once again, you have failed to do the research you encourage others to do.

The airlines make passengers haraSSSSees only because the scum "in charge" of the TSA force them to do. There are metrics in place for what are supposedly "risk factors" like no FF number/prior relationship with the air carrier, cash payment, recent payment, one-way travel, et al. However, a certain percentage of travelers are chosen at random for haraSSSSment. In none of these cases will the airline deSSSSelect someone. You pretty much have to have already been traveling and not a haraSSSSee to have SSSS removed from your BP.

haraSSSSment is in place because of scum at TSA forcing airlines to SSSSelect x% of passengers each filght for this disgusting, un-American haraSSSSment that should happen to no one, ever, without clear, probable cause for doing so.

The airlines don't want to haraSSSS anyone. The blame for that lies squarely with the TSA.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 9:28 am

Smile I can not change your mind but I can add my opinion

Welcome to FlyerTalk.

The shoe bomber excuse is the stupidest, lamest excuse ever offered for mandatory shoe removal.

Plastic explosives are malleable. They can be hidden anywhere in or on a person, not just in shoes.

The liquid terror plot is a big fat lie. Such explosives cannot be manufactured without time and temperature control. This would be nearly impossible to achieve airside.

We've done our research - I suggest you do yours instead of believing a bunch of lies that some imbecile in TSA or morons in DfT have thrust upon us.

Both agencies, TSA and DfT, should be permanently destroyed and their scummy "leaders" locked up in prison.
Thank you but I have to say the reasoning for joining is annoyance unfortunately.

The liquid terror plot is a real terror plot and there are military grade liquid explosives that are attainable and fairly stable and thus the reasoning stands.

Yes some explosives are malleable and some look like baby powder and have no scent nor identifying characteristic to say their not baby powder. That is scary and that is a truth.

The rules are there for a reason and weather the reasoning is out dated is not the issue the issue is that people do not like TSA because it causes them a minor annoyance at the airport. I want you to do something next time you fly.

Just be compliant, do as your asked(nicely or not, I am sorry to say) and just comply. Empty your pockets completely and remove your belt, remove your shoes and put them in a separate bin than your belongings, push your belonging into the machine(I forget to do this sometimes and it annoys me but it is part of consenting to being screened), talk to a supervisor if you think that an officer is out of line(it will be taken care of), understand that you are leaving for your destination far away from there and that they are so much more of an annoyance for you because you want to go. If you did not want to go then you would like the extra time lol.

But the point is that if you just comply, don't ever let yourself feel demeaned, things run smoothly. No officer has it out for someone, other than maybe the supervisor who wont let them take their break because they wish to go to lunch then and that officer can wait.

I am sorry if you feel like it is nonsense and should be abolished but when a plane goes down or your on a plane that is going down because of something TSA could have easily prevented you will want them.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 9:31 am

urgh

Passengers' experience says otherwise.

Once again, you have failed to do the research you encourage others to do.

The airlines make passengers haraSSSSees only because the scum "in charge" of the TSA force them to do. There are metrics in place for what are supposedly "risk factors" like no FF number/prior relationship with the air carrier, cash payment, recent payment, one-way travel, et al. However, a certain percentage of travelers are chosen at random for haraSSSSment. In none of these cases will the airline deSSSSelect someone. You pretty much have to have already been traveling and not a haraSSSSee to have SSSS removed from your BP.

haraSSSSment is in place because of scum at TSA forcing airlines to SSSSelect x% of passengers each filght for this disgusting, un-American haraSSSSment that should happen to no one, ever, without clear, probable cause for doing so.

The airlines don't want to haraSSSS anyone. The blame for that lies squarely with the TSA.
Yes they will and it is done by the darn airline and yes while TSA has one foot in that issue there are specifications that the airline has in place that TSA has no part of and it is not based on a percentage of those flying out that day. It is not all of TSA's doing. Airlines don't want to harass people!? lol um I think it is $2 for a pillow on most airlines now and $1 for water, frikin water.

BTW, really mature with the ssss's glad to know that key works.

Oh and when was the last time you called 911 because some jerk cut you off on the freeway? Or yelled at a confused person for taking too long? Or got impatient at the incompetence of the store clerk and let them know? That my good sir is un-american harassment that has no cause! TSA has a cause and it still stands because the threat is still there! I am not saying that we have not caused our own enemies, I am not saying that people are treated with the respect the deserve at all times, I am saying that the threat is there and while SSSS is annoying it can be removed easily, most of the time, it is necessary. It is a rule just like speeding, robbing, or carrying a concealed weapon.

Last edited by CWalters; Oct 13, 2008 at 9:42 am
Old Oct 13, 2008, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BTW, really mature with the ssss's glad to know that key works.
Similar to your caps lock button problem earlier?

Look, if it was possible to bring the volatile liquid explosives airside, the TSA wouldn't have used a mechanical arm in their video demonstration.

About the badge numbers: at the time of the writing, there were numbers on their nameplates, a.k.a. badges. Hence the term "badge number."

Welcome to FlyerTalk.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 9:36 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium

CWalters, let me also add my welcome to FlyerTalk.

If you've read through any of the threads in this forum, you'll notice that the members are comprised primarily of frequent flyers as well as a few valiant TSO's and FAM's. And the frequent flyers here are not too sympathetic regarding the activities of the DHS/TSA which they face on a weekly basis.

Having said that, you are certainly welcome to present any point of view that you desire as long as it's in a respectful manner. And you're deserving of the same respectful manner in return.

Debates get heated around here and this is a tough group. All we ask of everybody is to attack the issues and not the person presenting the issues.

Look forward to your further contributions.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 9:44 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, TSA Disparager Gold, going for Platnium
ok wow left field is starting to fill up.

CW before you really step in a big pile do some searching on the site for what your spouting as fact as many of these issues have been gone over ad neaseum

by the way a majority of the public (probably >90%) will never ever be able to get ahold of anything military grade as those are highly restrictied.

Then explain me this since you are appearently a fan of TSA. why should a agency be kept around when they cant accomplish there original mission (fail rates on red team test >50%) but yet keeps on creeping its mission and violates passengers consitutional rights on a regular basis, with stupid rules with no basis in reality that isnt backed by physics or chemistry

BTW even if TSA had been inplace prior to 9/11 they still would not have been able to prevent it.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 9:45 am

Thank you but I have to say the reasoning for joining is annoyance unfortunately.

The liquid terror plot is a real terror plot and there are military grade liquid explosives that are attainable and fairly stable and thus the reasoning stands.

Yes some explosives are malleable and some look like baby powder and have no scent nor identifying characteristic to say their not baby powder. That is scary and that is a truth.
That is pure rubbish. The ETP/ETD is the correct device to detect potential explosives. Not the x-ray. Using the x-ray to detect explosives is like using a screwdriver to install nails instead of a hammer.

Your baby powder example is terrible. Powders don't show up on the x-ray as such and may be carried airside at will because ETP/ETD is seldom used and because imbeciles like Kip Hawley are shoe perverts who think that shoes are the only places that explosives can be hidden.

There are NO "military grade liquid explosives" whose precursors cannot be detected by ETP/ETD and are stable enough to walk around with.

The rules are there for a reason and weather the reasoning is out dated is not the issue the issue is that people do not like TSA because it causes them a minor annoyance at the airport. I want you to do something next time you fly.

Just be compliant, do as your asked(nicely or not, I am sorry to say) and just comply. Empty your pockets completely and remove your belt, remove your shoes and put them in a separate bin than your belongings, push your belonging into the machine(I forget to do this sometimes and it annoys me but it is part of consenting to being screened), talk to a supervisor if you think that an officer is out of line(it will be taken care of), understand that you are leaving for your destination far away from there and that they are so much more of an annoyance for you because you want to go. If you did not want to go then you would like the extra time lol.

But the point is that if you just comply, don't ever let yourself feel demeaned, things run smoothly. No officer has it out for someone, other than maybe the supervisor who wont let them take their break because they wish to go to lunch then and that officer can wait.

I am sorry if you feel like it is nonsense and should be abolished but when a plane goes down or your on a plane that is going down because of something TSA could have easily prevented you will want them.
I don't talk to TSA employees. (I don't know what a TSA 'officer' is. )

The TSA's tactics are pure nonsense. This disgusting agency should be destroyed.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 9:49 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, TSA Disparager Gold, going for Platnium
how someone really needs some haldol and ativan and badly.

Hold on folks i need to go get some popcorn and Dr. Pepper and i will be back.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 9:50 am

That has NEVER worked for me. If I get a last minute reroute onto Delta I always get the SSSS. I politely ask to have it removed and they say they cannot do that. Usually if I'm already through Security I ask if they'll enforce it and they usually say no, but pre security no dice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.