Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Prince allegedly gives mock Nazi salute to HAJ security

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2004, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Whatever will get me out of Y and into C or F!

BERLIN -- Prince Ernst August of Hanover, the controversy-prone husband of Caroline of Monaco, allegedly gave the stiff-arm Hitler salute to an airport security guard during an argument, prosecutors said Wednesday.

The security guard told police the dispute erupted when the prince resisted being checked before boarding a plane Nov. 24 at Hanover's Langenhagen airport, prosecutors in the city said.

Ernst August allegedly shouted insults, then raised his arm in a Nazi salute, said a prosecutors' spokesman, Thomas Klinge.

He said prosecutors were considering whether to charge the prince with verbally abusing the security agent and making an outlawed Nazi gesture.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/nation...0Rowdy%20Royal
Old Dec 5, 2004, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/Marriott Plat/Hertz PC
It would be a laugh if that caught on here in the States.
Old Dec 5, 2004, 2:24 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by HeHateY
He said prosecutors were considering whether to charge the prince with verbally abusing the security agent and making an outlawed Nazi gesture.

There's a LAW against the infamous Nazi salute??
Old Dec 5, 2004, 2:24 pm

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by whirledtraveler
It would be a laugh if that caught on here in the States.

Every time I am required to provide a fingerprint in order to cash a check, I say, "Sig Heil."

Old Dec 5, 2004, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Cholula
There's a LAW against the infamous Nazi salute??
Lots of laws in Germany against anything that would revive or glorify the Nazi party.
Old Dec 5, 2004, 3:18 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Free speech and free expression are not as protected elsewhere as they are in the US. Things that are considered "hate speech" or "hate expression" can be grounds for prosecution and shut-down and these kind of laws are in the books in many (if not most "democracies"). Of course prosecutions are selective since the security forces and prosecutor's offices in many areas are, often enough, disproportionately composed of right-wing sympathizers.
Old Dec 5, 2004, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by LeoB
Lots of laws in Germany against anything that would revive or glorify the Nazi party.
Some European countries have books of legal names for children (so you can't call your kid "Wild Flower" or some hippy sounding name). I believe Adolf is not on the allowed list; but of course I don't have a citation; just spreading details of facs long since forgotten.
Old Dec 6, 2004, 1:19 am

Programs: AA Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriot Silver
I thought we were gonna talk about the singer...
Old Dec 6, 2004, 7:13 am

Programs: DL - Silver, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Psychocadet
I thought we were gonna talk about the singer...
Thats what I thought too when I first saw the thread. The artist formally known as prince or whatever he is called now giving the Nazi salute is much more amusing...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.