TSA FSD at PHL fired!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2004, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *wood Gold, Marriott Gold, DL Silver, Hilton Silver, F9 Ascent
TSA FSD at PHL fired!

Don't have a current link just yet, but this story
http://kyw.com/siteSearch/local_story_365145230.html
was on tonight's news...the situation is resolved: TSA fired Jim Golden from his position as FSD ot Philly International.

Old Feb 10, 2004, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: 2008 FT1 Fantasy Football Champion
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">....hiring a former exotic dancer to supervise screeners at the airport. </font>
Maybe he wanted to entertain the peasants whilst they stand in line?
Old Feb 10, 2004, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

".....hiring his son in law....". Oh boy, The Phamous Philly Phixx is in (again). http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/n...al/7915308.htm

MisterNice
Old Feb 10, 2004, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *wood Gold, Marriott Gold, DL Silver, Hilton Silver, F9 Ascent
A couple of nights ago, local NBC had a TSA screener blow the whistle on some policy violations going on at PHL.

It was an extention to the story aired last year:
http://www.nbc10.com/news/2157884/detail.html
evidently there are still plenty of airport workers going airside through doors that have no screening stations. They showed one guy standing around who obviously forgot the door cipher code and then he just piggy backed in behind another TSA guy who let him in. There was one employee door with a screener and WTMD but no x-ray machine...
Old Feb 11, 2004, 2:11 pm

It's about time -- he's been on paid administrative leave since December 12, 2003.
Old Feb 14, 2004, 11:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Sometimes people get blamed for doing the RIGHT thing:

"In the statement, Golden denied a broadcast report that the TSA had decided to fire him for practices that included hiring and promoting his son-in-law and hiring a former exotic dancer to supervise screeners at the airport.

A stripper is the perfect person for the TSA to hire.

I can hear her now:

"Okay, people, the line is getting congested. We have to move things quicker. Together, everybody take off your shoes. If you can't do it quickly enough, just watch me -- I''ll show you how. Now your jackets...your shirts...your pants.."
Old Feb 15, 2004, 3:08 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Please take everything out of your pocket, except for some ones and fives...

------------------
"Give me Liberty or give me Death." - Patrick Henry
Old Feb 15, 2004, 5:10 pm

"Is that a prohibited item in you pocket or are you just happy to see me".
Old Feb 17, 2004, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

According to guy I know in one of the PHL airline clubs, the stripper and the son are still there. He sez the stripper is really "coyote-ugly".

MisterNice
Old Feb 17, 2004, 3:06 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MisterNice:
According to guy I know in one of the PHL airline clubs, the stripper and the son are still there. He sez the stripper is really "coyote-ugly".

</font>
Guess I won't need the fives then...

------------------
"Give me Liberty or give me Death." - Patrick Henry
Old Feb 21, 2004, 2:49 pm

Programs: 5/1/81 AA Member,1MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MisterNice:
</font>
They should be fired also!
Old Feb 22, 2004, 9:21 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ejward2000:
They should be fired also!</font>
Why? The former stripper is doing her job. Perhaps she stripped to put herself through college then was able to quit to obtain a more suitable job in security and worked her way to the TSA. So according to you she should be fired for bettering herself.

Perhaps the son is actually qualified for the job.

------------------
{Everyone has a right to an opinion no matter how wrong they may be}
Old Feb 23, 2004, 12:44 am

Fired for what????? I failed to see anything that said former strippers were not allowed to be hired as security screeners. If she passed all of the tests and background checks, who cares. There are gay people in the TSA, should they be fired?
Old Feb 23, 2004, 6:39 am

We should all care because the TSA routinely passes over highly-qualified people for important screening positions. For example, at my airport we have screeners with 25+ years experience in law enforcement and multiple college degrees that the TSA refuses to hire as TSA supervisors or screening managers. Instead, the TSA saw fit to hire supervisors who don't even have a GED.

Or take John Stewart, a highly decorated former New York City police detective with 20 years experience in law enforcement. Although he was trained in terrorist tracking, the TSA denied him a job as a supervisor. The TSA also refused to hire his former partner Howard Carswell, another retired NYPD detective as a supervisor.

As for gay people, what could possibly be your objection to their working for the TSA?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tsadude:
Fired for what????? I failed to see anything that said former strippers were not allowed to be hired as security screeners. If she passed all of the tests and background checks, who cares. There are gay people in the TSA, should they be fired? </font>
Old Feb 23, 2004, 7:31 am

Programs: Former UA 1P
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by HugeAss:
at my airport we have screeners with 25+ years experience in law enforcement and multiple college degrees that the TSA refuses to hire as TSA supervisors or screening managers. Instead, the TSA saw fit to hire supervisors who don't even have a GED.
</font>
Any idea what the reasons behind the hiring of the less-qualified are? Is is cronyism, bribery, affirmative-action cases, or just plain stupidity?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.