Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Since announcement on shoe removal I have taken off shoes every time

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Since announcement on shoe removal I have taken off shoes every time

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2003, 3:46 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Screener:
Why do you see a lot of screeners standing around now? A lot are lazy or a lot are tired of having to call for a supervisor when a passenger gets ticked off at them for being screen for pretty much no reason.
</font>
Now that really makes my day.

I am very pleased to hear that lots of other people are getting ticked off when they get screened without probable cause.

People should be getting angry. Very, very angry. No one should be subjected to any of this extra "security" screening without clear, probable cause to do so. If we just roll over and let Oberfurher Loy dictate such un-American policies and not get extremely angry, where will all this nonsense stop? At the airport? At the train station? At the bus terminal? At the grocery? In our homes?

Keep getting ticked off, folks! It's time we returned civil liberties to people who have the audacity in Admiral Loy's eyes to travel via commerical aviation.

------------------
"Give me Liberty or give me Death." - Patrick Henry
Old Aug 25, 2003, 4:47 pm

Not much else I can do other then stand around. Go give ideas?, Nope not enough complaints out there to really do anything about what we the screeners say.

But something better then getting ticked off, if you dont like then go get a complaint form and file it with the Supervisor. Remember the screeners are just doing what they are being told to do and shouldnt be getting all the abuse, which we do. The mangement doesnt believe anything we say about what you guys say because there is nothing to back it up.

But again I state I still like the idea of secondary checks on bags with a ETD after Xray screener because its stops a possible concourse shut down.

But another thing, passengers need to listen to what we say at the entry or WTMD positions. A lot of people say we told them to take there shoes off. And Ive been accused to but the only thing that comes out of my mouth is these " I would reccommand that you remove those shoes before coming through because A) they may make you ring or B) the sole is to big." A lot of passengers say that means I told them to take off their shoes.

Do I agree with a lot of what you say Spiff, yup, thats why Im leaving in the next few months for the military, because Im tired of the abuse from passengers and abuse from TSA mangement.

[This message has been edited by Screener (edited 08-25-2003).]
Old Aug 26, 2003, 12:39 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Screener:
Do I agree with a lot of what you say Spiff, yup, thats why Im leaving in the next few months for the military, because Im tired of the abuse from passengers and abuse from TSA mangement.</font>
Hopefully, you will not be deployed non-stop. With the current administration planning a first strike in North Korea (and perhaps in Iran too), and with Iraq and Afghanistan likely to be a mess for a while longer and then some, I think we may just need that 2-5 million active-duty military. It will also go a long way to solving the unemployment problem despite bankrupting our national treasury. Is that the lesson -- of non-state actors engaging a state in a manner that requires the state to become predisposed toward excessive military/security expenditures -- Osama bin Laden took in from the defeat of the Soviets?

[This message has been edited by GUWonder (edited 08-26-2003).]
Old Aug 27, 2003, 11:46 pm

If we just roll over and let Oberfurher Loy dictate such un-American policies and not get extremely angry, where will all this nonsense stop? At the airport? At the train station? At the bus terminal? At the grocery? In our homes?

I believe we call this arguement a slippery slope. With no proof or evidence to back up the claim that we will continue searching more and more loactions this statement is illogical. Is it reasonable to expect privacy in the Airport, Bus Terminal or Grocery Store? Do you have the right to privacy in these public locations. The only places you really have a right to privacy are a doctor/cpa/lawyer office and your home. To expect privacy in an airport is silly. Then again you wouldnt screen the 9-11 hijackers any more throughly now than you would when it happened. But you still do nothing about it, you still get screened, say yes ma'am and no ma'am to the TSA and proceed to your airplane gate. Hey maybe one day you'll take action and boycott all flights until this travesty of justice is fixed...then again no you wont.

[This message has been edited by Ken in Phx (edited 08-27-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.