Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please do not lock your luggage

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2003, 1:13 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Location: Seattle, WA;HH Diamond, Avis PS, DL PM & 1MM ... back to travelling the globe consulting aerospace engineering
So why were my freshly baked chocolate cookies (toll house + choc chunk) confiscated as a security threat after my luggage went into the "hole where all bags on the belt go"? Nothing like getting a ziplock bag of 3 dozen choc chip cookies as a 'travel companion' and having them lifted from my unlocked luggage! Of course it wasn't noticed until I unpacked several hours after I left the airport. Never had this happen when I could lock my bags without fear of them being cut open.

GMF
Old Mar 20, 2003, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA PLT and that's that!
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by goldmedallionflyer:
So why were my freshly baked chocolate cookies (toll house + choc chunk) confiscated as a security threat after my luggage went into the "hole where all bags on the belt go"? Nothing like getting a ziplock bag of 3 dozen choc chip cookies as a 'travel companion' and having them lifted from my unlocked luggage! Of course it wasn't noticed until I unpacked several hours after I left the airport. Never had this happen when I could lock my bags without fear of them being cut open.

GMF
</font>
Chocolate is of the same density as the explosives they are looking for. Can't be too careful you know. Chip in a cookie or not, it could be a new terrorist M.O.

------------------
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin
Old Mar 20, 2003, 2:09 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ACES II:
Spiff, here is an idea. Why don't you hold your breath till it happens. Then you can have both liberty and death at the same time. It is not going to happen, no matter how badly you and your ilk want it to.</font>
You do realize that in less than a year from now, this whole TSA screener thing comes up for review and airports will be able to opt out of the federal program and go back to private agencies? Considering the number of airport evacuations due to the bungling TSA brigade, I won't be surprised if many of them choose this option.

------------------
Old Mar 20, 2003, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Why would they? They would be responsible like they were before for the security which probably cost them more in violations.They were glad to shed that responsibility and still are.Ask them.
Old Mar 20, 2003, 5:54 pm

All of this pissing ang moaning from both sides is so trivial in light of current events.

Save it for later.
Old Mar 20, 2003, 7:17 pm

Yes Tazi, I am aware of that. I am also aware that the airlines/airports would also have to maintain the current manning/pay/benefits/federal standards that are currently in place. Do you really think they can afford to take on that expense when they get it for free? Yeah, don't hold your breath either. I would miss sparring with you.
Old Mar 20, 2003, 8:18 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ACES II:
Yes Tazi, I am aware of that. I am also aware that the airlines/airports would also have to maintain the current manning/pay/benefits/federal standards that are currently in place. Do you really think they can afford to take on that expense when they get it for free? Yeah, don't hold your breath either. I would miss sparring with you. </font>

Let's see .. they could go from Thousands Standing around to just hundreds and possibly not have to worry about as many evacuations. They would get the security fee added into each ticket. And regardless of what you think, the airlines are still paying a substantial amount for security. Not enough according to Comrade Loy though as he asked for 450 million more ... hmmmm. I think it might be worthwhile

The first time I was selected for a gate search, the AA person taking my ticket thanked me for "playing the game".

------------------
Old Mar 20, 2003, 8:20 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cmhscreener:
All of this pissing ang moaning from both sides is so trivial in light of current events.

Save it for later.
</font>

I don't think so.

------------------
Old Mar 21, 2003, 9:09 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Sorry, but I'm still traveling and your agency is still harassing me when I do so. I'll not be quiet until it stops, regardless of the other grave events our nation is engaged in.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cmhscreener:

Save it for later.
</font>

------------------
"Give me Liberty or give me Death." - Patrick Henry
Old Mar 21, 2003, 10:01 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tazi:

Let's see .. they could go from Thousands Standing around to just hundreds and possibly not have to worry about as many evacuations. They would get the security fee added into each ticket. And regardless of what you think, the airlines are still paying a substantial amount for security. Not enough according to Comrade Loy though as he asked for 450 million more ... hmmmm. I think it might be worthwhile

The first time I was selected for a gate search, the AA person taking my ticket thanked me for "playing the game".

</font>
I think that you really did not pay attention the the amount of folks that were at the checkpoints prior to TSA. There is basically the same numbers. The only reason that you saw more (TSA) initially was that they hired for the luggage at the same time and when luggage inspection took affect the numbers of screeners at the checkpoints dropped and the numbers will decrease again when the one year part time is gone. The airlines do not want the hassle again.Ask them.
Old Mar 21, 2003, 12:34 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Spiff:
Sorry, but I'm still traveling and your agency is still harassing me when I do so. I'll not be quiet until it stops, regardless of the other grave events our nation is engaged in.

</font>
I agree with you completely, the events that are taking place in Iraq, pale in comparison to the persecution of Spiff.
Old Mar 21, 2003, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Well, he didn't exactly say that, did he? Spiff, like most of us, can do more than one thing at a time. He can worry about our troops in Iraq and simultaneously not want to get unnecessarily hassled at the airport when he travels. I can do it, too!

Bruce
Old Mar 21, 2003, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Spiff:

</font>
Yeah yeah whatever,extend your arms, feet shoulder width apart and watch your crap over by the x-ray.

Old Mar 21, 2003, 6:49 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Please move, I cannot see my belongings on the table if you stand in front of me. Also, if you want to touch me or my belongings, you'll need to change your gloves or put a set on. No, I am not kidding around, you can change/don your gloves, accompany me to the nearest restroom where we can both scrub up, or you can bugger off; it's your choice.

Additionaly, I advise you to take advantage of any financial retirement program the TSA offers, for I hope to see the majority of you unemployed in 2005 whilst the competent minority (you'd probably make the grade, tsadude) of you are working for private industry.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tsadude:
Yeah yeah whatever,extend your arms, feet shoulder width apart and watch your crap over by the x-ray.

</font>

------------------
"Give me Liberty or give me Death." - Patrick Henry
Old Mar 21, 2003, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Please move, I cannot see my belongings on the table if you stand in front of me. Also, if you want to touch me or my belongings, you'll need to change your gloves or put a set on. No, I am not kidding around, you can change/don your gloves, accompany me to the nearest restroom where we can both scrub up, or you can bugger off; it's your choice.

Additionaly, I advise you to take advantage of any financial retirement program the TSA offers, for I hope to see the majority of you unemployed in 2005 whilst the competent minority (you'd probably make the grade, tsadude) of you are working for private industry.

</font>
Thank you for your best wishes, see you around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.