Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Man arrested for how shall we say, masturbating, on United flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Man arrested for how shall we say, masturbating, on United flight

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2011, 10:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by flpab
my husband was on a flight and the two guys sitting next to him were doing it to each other. He got up and had the fa find him another seat. They did nothing to the two because they were under the blanket but the husband just wasn't going to sit there. I work at an airport and yesterday they were complaining about someone crapping on the floor of the lavs? The ramp crews at my airport have to clean the planes and they are getting really sick of these people. I get grossed out by some of their stories but there are some sickos out there flying with us. I flew USAIR last year and the lady sitting next to me came back to her seat and told me the same thing. We told the FA and she locked the lav door for the rest of the flight. WHY??
Wow..

Incredible that this was happening.. unacceptable really.
Old May 26, 2011, 10:50 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus
Wow.

That's really gonna make me think twice about having the chicken wrap on the next flight.

Old May 27, 2011, 11:10 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
So about a month ago I'm on a CO flight from Newark to SFO on a friday night, it's the last direct flight of the night and the $930 I had to pay for that one-way coach ticket at the last minute was mitigated after being upgraded.

So I'm sitting in 2E (?) - the second-row window seat in first and this casual but well-dressed guy maybe 50-ish sits down next to me with a huge stack of newspapers and I sum him up as probably a wall street'er on his way west for the weekend. We chat for a minute after I joke about his huge stack of newspapers and he makes a call to his wife, chats about his daughters, etc.

No more talk after the plane takes off and since it's a late flight, the lights go off and most people go to sleep. The guy turns on the light and starts on his stack of papers, I put on the Shure noise-isolating headphones (love 'em) , pull out my iPad and start watching a movie.

After a little while I drift off. I come to a little while later and the guy next to me has the newspaper covering his lap and has one hand down his pants and is working frantically down there. I'm watching in horror out of the corner of my eye thinking he was just vigorously scratching or something but he keeps going and going.

If someone else was telling me this story I could suggest a million things they should have said that would have been cutting or funny, but to be honest, in the moment I was just in shock and denial over what I was seeing.

After a few minutes of it he comes to a stop, then calmly slides his hand out from his pants, picks up the newspaper and starts reading again as if nothing happened. Nobody else in FC saw it, flight attendant never came by during this time.

Crazy.
Old May 27, 2011, 11:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Crazy is right.. x 3..

I've never thought that flyers would have the gall to do such a thing in public.. there is the lavatory.. use it wisely..

Sheesh
Old May 28, 2011, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
A day later I'm still laughing at SkyJacking.
Old May 28, 2011, 4:05 am

does skyjacking earn you extra EQMs ahahhahahaha
Old May 28, 2011, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, Singapore Airlines
Onanism makes me happy in pants. I <3 my hand!
Old May 29, 2011, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
He was, unfortunately, like Ray McKigney, not the master of his domain.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 7:54 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
I just feel sorry for the guy, for the trouble he's in now. I think I wouldn't really bother if someone did this how-shall-we-say thing in the seat next to me. Sure, he should have gone to the bathroom, but up to 90 days in prison or up to 5000 dollars seems to be a bit over the top. Not to mention the fact that his name is all over the internet now. I just hope he will find a tolerant employer with a sense of humor. Whoever brought this how-shall-we-say thing to the attention of the police certainly does not have any.

(Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating this how-shall-we-say thing as a new type of IFE, but if this had happened next to me, I would just have suggested to that guy to go to the bathroom. End of story.)

Last edited by cityflyer369; Jul 20, 2011 at 8:02 am
Old Jul 20, 2011, 9:09 am

Programs: AA 1MM
Can he use the "I was only finishing what TSA started" defense?
Old Jul 20, 2011, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by cityflyer369
I just feel sorry for the guy, for the trouble he's in now. I think I wouldn't really bother if someone did this how-shall-we-say thing in the seat next to me. Sure, he should have gone to the bathroom, but up to 90 days in prison or up to 5000 dollars seems to be a bit over the top. Not to mention the fact that his name is all over the internet now. I just hope he will find a tolerant employer with a sense of humor. Whoever brought this how-shall-we-say thing to the attention of the police certainly does not have any.

(Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating this how-shall-we-say thing as a new type of IFE, but if this had happened next to me, I would just have suggested to that guy to go to the bathroom. End of story.)
No, it's gross and unseemly.

Any adult who 1) can't comprehend that there is a time and a place for these sorts of things, and 2) can't wait 2 hours, has far bigger problems than 90 days in jail or a $5000 fine. Weird sexual proclivities are one thing, being unable or unwilling to confine them to one's private sphere is entirely another.

As for future employers, frankly, if it was me, I wouldn't want to hire someone who I knew had no ability to control himself in public and no respect for others around him, which is ultimately what this is about.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iowakatie1981
No, it's gross and unseemly.

Any adult who 1) can't comprehend that there is a time and a place for these sorts of things, and 2) can't wait 2 hours, has far bigger problems than 90 days in jail or a $5000 fine. Weird sexual proclivities are one thing, being unable or unwilling to confine them to one's private sphere is entirely another.

As for future employers, frankly, if it was me, I wouldn't want to hire someone who I knew had no ability to control himself in public and no respect for others around him, which is ultimately what this is about.
Oh, give the guy a break, he was only having a hard time.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 10:44 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Oh, give the guy a break, he was only having a hard time.
Agree. Hope the judge goes soft on him.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 12:53 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Agree. Hope the judge goes soft on him.
I dunno, I hear the presiding judge likes to impose stiff penalties and gives them out handily.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
I dunno, I hear the presiding judge likes to impose stiff penalties and gives them out handily.
I hope that judge keeps plenty of tissues handy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.