FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Man arrested for how shall we say, masturbating, on United flight
Old Jul 20, 2011, 9:39 am
iowakatie1981

Originally Posted by cityflyer369
I just feel sorry for the guy, for the trouble he's in now. I think I wouldn't really bother if someone did this how-shall-we-say thing in the seat next to me. Sure, he should have gone to the bathroom, but up to 90 days in prison or up to 5000 dollars seems to be a bit over the top. Not to mention the fact that his name is all over the internet now. I just hope he will find a tolerant employer with a sense of humor. Whoever brought this how-shall-we-say thing to the attention of the police certainly does not have any.

(Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating this how-shall-we-say thing as a new type of IFE, but if this had happened next to me, I would just have suggested to that guy to go to the bathroom. End of story.)
No, it's gross and unseemly.

Any adult who 1) can't comprehend that there is a time and a place for these sorts of things, and 2) can't wait 2 hours, has far bigger problems than 90 days in jail or a $5000 fine. Weird sexual proclivities are one thing, being unable or unwilling to confine them to one's private sphere is entirely another.

As for future employers, frankly, if it was me, I wouldn't want to hire someone who I knew had no ability to control himself in public and no respect for others around him, which is ultimately what this is about.