Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Man arrested for how shall we say, masturbating, on United flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2011, 9:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN,DL,BA

As if you needed another reason to avoid flying, now you have to beware of airborne masturbators, too.
The FBI busted a Florida man after he took matters into his own hands "to the point of ejaculation" on a United Airlines flight from Spokane to Denver last Thursday, reports The Smoking Gun. The man was arrested at the Denver airport.

Kyle Pearce, 25, was reportedly charged with making an "obscene and indecent exposure of his person" on an aircraft.

The incident was witnessed by an 18-year-old woman who was unluckily seated in the row across from Pearce.

"I heard a noise and looked over and saw his penis," she recalled in a written statement according to The Smoking Gun. She added, "He ejaculated & got some on the seat."

The two passengers sitting directly behind Pearce also reportedly witnessed the event. 18-year-old Grayson Miller said he hit Pearce on the arm with a book causing him to stop and leave for the bathroom, reports the Smoking Gun.

Pearce faces a maximum of 90 days in prison or a year of supervised release if convicted. He can also be fined up to $5,000.
Old May 24, 2011, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by Hertz4me
As if you needed another reason to avoid flying, now you have to beware of airborne masturbators, too.
The FBI busted a Florida man after he took matters into his own hands "to the point of ejaculation" on a United Airlines flight from Spokane to Denver last Thursday, reports The Smoking Gun. The man was arrested at the Denver airport.

Kyle Pearce, 25, was reportedly charged with making an "obscene and indecent exposure of his person" on an aircraft.

The incident was witnessed by an 18-year-old woman who was unluckily seated in the row across from Pearce.

"I heard a noise and looked over and saw his penis," she recalled in a written statement according to The Smoking Gun. She added, "He ejaculated & got some on the seat."

The two passengers sitting directly behind Pearce also reportedly witnessed the event. 18-year-old Grayson Miller said he hit Pearce on the arm with a book causing him to stop and leave for the bathroom, reports the Smoking Gun.

Pearce faces a maximum of 90 days in prison or a year of supervised release if convicted. He can also be fined up to $5,000.
If you're going to put "masturbating" in the title, you don't really need the "how shall we say" part.
Old May 24, 2011, 9:57 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Alan, from "The Hangover"
Counting cards isn't illegal. It's frowned upon, like masturbating on an airplane... Maybe since 9/11 when everyone got so damn sensitive. Thanks a lot Bin Laden!
Old May 24, 2011, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
Oops

In quick action Federal Air Marshals jumped on the protruding organ and wrestled it to . . .

One comment on the news story shows people are finally getting the AIT.
"So what? The TSA already saw it, why not the rest of the passengers?" ^
Old May 24, 2011, 10:21 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
To clarify, we are still allowed to in the bathrooms right?
Old May 24, 2011, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
Just close the door, please.
Old May 24, 2011, 10:31 pm

Why must everyone get in other's people business nowadays?

If I saw that happen in the aisle across from me, I'd just smile and think that at least someone is having fun flying and mind my own business. As long as he doesn't point it my way and give me hair gel, it really doesn't affect me.
Old May 24, 2011, 10:38 pm

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles
Originally Posted by candi
Why must everyone get in other's people business nowadays?

If I saw that happen in the aisle across from me, I'd just smile and think that at least someone is having fun flying and mind my own business. As long as he doesn't point it my way and give me hair gel, it really doesn't affect me.
==============
Getting in other people's business ??....speak for yourself; I mean, this is just crude and obscene. The guy that hit him with the book should have aimed lower than his arm !
Old May 24, 2011, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by Hertz4me
A number of years ago, a friend of mine was falsely accused of doing the title activity (by a woman who was actually upset that he "jinxed" her at an airport slot machine in LAS) and we were talking about the question of whether there really is a Federal law against it. We couldn't find one. Can anybody point out the number (x USC y) of the law that makes this illegal?
Old May 24, 2011, 11:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
I would prefer not..

Can everyone wait until their hotels please.. or better.. home.
Old May 24, 2011, 11:23 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Not sure this thread really belongs here but for the sake of comic relief we'll leave it open as long as it stays relatively on topic.

----------
essxjay
TS/S moderator
Old May 24, 2011, 11:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold,, Marriott Plat
flying solo in the mile high club
Old May 25, 2011, 12:41 am

Maybe he enjoyed being groped so much by TSA that he had to, how to we say, finish the act?!
Old May 25, 2011, 12:43 am

Is there any safety or security involved in this? I'm suspecting some exhibitionism in this act. I mean, how long are flights that you can't wait to the bedroom at the other end? Well, at least there was no chance of blowing a hole in the fuselage.
Old May 25, 2011, 1:31 am

A friend who works as an FA told me a guy did exactly the same thing in one of her flights... Went to the galley and did it.. They just laughed it off..

There are probably people who do this in the lavatory... I don't care, just don't splatter it everywhere! Ohh talking about lavatory, I wonder what soap united uses

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.