Wiki Posts
Search

Saved AIT images?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2011, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFF
Saved AIT images?

Just got this quote from a DC area TSO on another forum. (The 6 year old girl pat down made it into a thread, and the local TSO just had to jump in)

The only images that are saved are the ones with detected anomalies on them.

This is basically a "heres why we gave this person additional screening" if something ever comes up.(OIG Investigations)

It's essentially the higher up's CYA mechanism.
Sounds like the images can be and are saved.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Himeno
Just got this quote from a DC area TSO on another forum. (The 6 year old girl pat down made it into a thread, and the local TSO just had to jump in)

The procurement and operational specifications require that the system save images in "training mode." As others have said, the ability to store images must be retained in the Cancer Machine's software in order for it to work. The specs also identify who, by position, has the authority to turn on image retention features. You're basically one password away from having your naked image stored, assuming you decide to go through the Cancer Machine for some reason.

Check your PM, please...
Old Apr 16, 2011, 2:56 pm

TSA officials have sworn up and down, and in court, I believe, that no images are saved and that the machines do not have the capacity to save images because software that enables this is disabled in deployed machines.

So that is just one more lie in the litany of lies coming from TSA?
Old Apr 16, 2011, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
Of course those images are saved -- it would be stupid not to save those images. The programmers need that real word performance data (saved images) in order to write and test the software that will convert the scans into stick figures.

The real question is to predict when will Blogdad Bob come out and admits it. For bonus points, figure the exact wording he'll use. Here's my guess:
"Out of an abundance of caution, the TSA saves image that trigger pat-downs."
Old Apr 16, 2011, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Are you talking about A Jurai Knight from spacebattles.com?

Are you positive he is a TSO?

If so, this is breaking news. We knew it was happening, but this would be the first time someone from the TSA let it slip.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 6:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX

Another one claiming to be a TSO?

If so, this is breaking news. We knew it was happening, but this would be the first time someone from the TSA let it slip.
What RatherBeOnATrain said.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 6:44 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
From October 25, 2010:

Would the TSA be stupid enough to install a system that could detect criminal activity, i.e. concealed explosives or weapons, and not provide a means to save the evidence obtained that led to the detaining for suspicion of criminal activity? They would actually destroy the evidence of probable cause? They would initiate an invasive body search with photographic evidence that is not capable of being retained?

Yes, I think they may be this stupid, but in this case I can not believe they were. It is incredulous to suggest that the data is not capable of being archived in specific situations and on demand.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Come now. that would be telling

Yes. I am quite sure.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 7:01 pm

Yep. You've just caught the TSA in another lie. I'm not surprised. Think of what a high percentage of screenings have "anomalies". It's greater than 25%. That's a lot of saved images. I was always fairly confident they saved the images containing anomalies, at the very least.

This was going to leak eventually, it was only a matter of time. I wonder what the public will think when they learn about this.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 7:17 pm

Programs: CO Pres. Plat, SPG
It only makes sense, right? They pushed for a law making release of the images illegal. Stands to reason that same would not be a concern if the images didn't exist.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 7:31 pm

Location: Northern California, in the redwoods, on the ocean.
Originally Posted by ElizabethConley
Yep. You've just caught the TSA in another lie. I'm not surprised. Think of what a high percentage of screenings have "anomalies". It's greater than 25%. That's a lot of saved images. I was always fairly confident they saved the images containing anomalies, at the very least.

This was going to leak eventually, it was only a matter of time. I wonder what the public will think when they learn about this.
So folks such as chellian and myself not only get to be groped because of our "anomalies," but we also get to have our "anomalous" naked body images saved for posterity. Oh frabjous day, calloo, callay. Double the indignity, double the invasion.

And my family wonders why I will no longer fly.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why would TSA write contract specs requiring Network Capability, Image Saving Capability, USB ports, Ethernet ports and such if no intended use of those things were planned?

Of course they save images.

Last edited by essxjay; Apr 18, 2011 at 10:10 am Reason: over the top
Old Apr 17, 2011, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Why would TSA write contract specs requiring Network Capability, Image Saving Capability, USB ports, Ethernet ports and such if no intended use of those things were planned?

Of course they save images.
That's right, TSA.. Keep digging the hole even deeper ^

We all knew that TSA and Blogdad Bob were full of it when they said that the machines could not save/transmit/print.. Why would they specify that the machines be able to transfer images?

Last edited by essxjay; Apr 18, 2011 at 10:11 am Reason: bypassing profanity filters
Old Apr 17, 2011, 1:38 am

Of course they save those images. Deleting those images is destroying evidence and as far as I know destroying evidence is a crime. Even if it is done by TSA/DHS.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 2:09 am

More so that they are saving huge numbers of them ... because the scanners are basically like worthless as it stands.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.