Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Homeland Security Plans DNA Screening

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2011, 6:38 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, United
Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
Don't numerous police forces already involuntarily collect DNA samples from individuals who are being detained? How do they get away with it?
Yes, including my state for nothing more than a felony arrest. Not even a conviction - merely an arrest.

Originally Posted by Caradoc
Typically via court order, which requires things like "probable cause" - which is an entirely foreign concept to the blue-shirted thugs of the TSA.
Not any more in some jurisdictions...

Originally Posted by TXagogo
Hi Global - Im not a lawyer or LEO but are you sure about that? From my understanding in the past any kind of biological sample could only be taken from a person under arrest after a court order was issued based on probable cause.
I am a paralegal, and not an attorney, but I can assure you several states have laws already on the books, including my own as indicated above (for felony arrests - not coviction - just an arrest will get your DNA taken). A good summary of the states that will require a DNA collection is located here, at the NCSL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.