Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

entering the US w/expired US passport - Swedish/US dual citizen

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

entering the US w/expired US passport - Swedish/US dual citizen

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2018, 9:26 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by GUWonder
They have/had current (non-US) passports with ESTAs on file so they could use those at check-in.

I can check tomorrow to see if some of those ESTAs are still showing as approved as of this month, but I know from some prior investigations that we weren’t systematically invalidating previously approved ESTAs for those we came to know were US citizens who had previously entered the US on non-US passports.
Just got reconfirmation that all those ESTAs are still showing as approved and were used again this month without issue, even by some of those processed with expired US passports after having shown up repeatedly in recent months at US airports of entry with their foreign passports with approved ESTAs.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 5:56 pm

Seems that a US citizen cannot complete an ESTA application without some fibbing. For example the first page now asks for other citizenships besides the VW country. One of the options on the dropdown menu is US, but I assume that if one chooses US the system might deny the application.

I also seem to recall that you may have to state that you will not work in the US - which might be untrue for many returning citizens.

And, perhaps this is worth its own thread - the form now requests social media information. I don't recall seeing this before. It does say "optional", but I wonder what % of applicants feel intimidated and answer the question.

Originally Posted by GUWonder

Just got reconfirmation that all those ESTAs are still showing as approved and were used again this month without issue, even by some of those processed with expired US passports after having shown up repeatedly in recent months at US airports of entry with their foreign passports with approved ESTAs.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 6:48 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by BigFlyer
Seems that a US citizen cannot complete an ESTA application without some fibbing. For example the first page now asks for other citizenships besides the VW country. One of the options on the dropdown menu is US, but I assume that if one chooses US the system might deny the application.

I also seem to recall that you may have to state that you will not work in the US - which might be untrue for many returning citizens.

And, perhaps this is worth its own thread - the form now requests social media information. I don't recall seeing this before. It does say "optional", but I wonder what % of applicants feel intimidated and answer the question.
Lots of ESTA applications are submitted using passports for persons who aren’t working in the US and aren’t even themselves entering the data into the ESTA application.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.