You thought Kip was an idiot, Try this one

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2010, 11:37 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Spiff
Number of arrests related to terrorism?

Math quiz, people.... Zero divided by any non-zero number is...?

Harding's not just an idiot, he's a scumbag.
Apologists for stupidity in the name of "security" will have trouble recognizing that Harding is acting as you describe or even how Hardin'gs material interests of a financial nature may impair his ability to be objective enough to admit that voodoo "security" is what he is peddling.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 11:40 pm

Programs: AA EP; Bonvoy Platinum: Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DevilDog438
1700 alleged "Bad Guys." How many of those were convicted of Aviation Security offenses?
Mission creep is two words, and, yes, I have heard of it. It has pissed me off since the first time I was exposed to it as a teenager and it still pisses me off today.
Who really cares, besides you? If they were drug mules, dead beat dads, bail jumpers or tax evaders, that applies to my ROI for having a TSA. I dont give a rats behind if they were caught by a park ranger, a border agent, or a TSO, they were caught.

Trying to hide behind the skirt of civil liberties dont get you a free pass...let the courts get to the bottom of it.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 11:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dan_E
"We should move even closer to an Israeli model where there's more engagement with passengers," Harding said, according to Reuters. "I think that increases the layers and pushes the layers out." Even though the program has already deployed behavior detection officers at selected airports around the country, there have been conflicting claims about its efficacy. From January 2006 to November 2009, more than 232,000 people were referred for additional screening at the security checkpoint by behavior detection officers, according to numbers TSA provided to AOL News. Of those, 1,710 were eventually arrested and more than 2,400 were "referred for continued investigation."

Wow, 1700 arrests. I guess Harding isnt such the idiot?

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/articl...nsion/19412523
So will the person you think isn't an idiot tell the American people how many of those 1,710-4,110 people are sitting in a prison convicted of attempting an act of terrorism whereby the conviction was the direct result of the TSA voodoo "security" screeners playing up some legendary Israeli model?
Old Mar 25, 2010, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Apologists for stupidity in the name of "security" will have trouble recognizing that Harding is acting as you describe or even how Hardin'gs material interests of a financial nature may impair his ability to be objective enough to admit that voodoo "security" is what he is peddling.
Just because our president nominated this military hero doesnt mean you can off handedly reject him without cause. Witchcraft and voodoo have no place in the debate, nor does racism.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 11:44 pm
Suspended

Who really cares, besides you? If they were drug mules, dead beat dads, bail jumpers or tax evaders, that applies to my ROI for having a TSA. I dont give a rats behind if they were caught by a park ranger, a border agent, or a TSO, they were caught.

Trying to hide behind the skirt of civil liberties dont get you a free pass...let the courts get to the bottom of it.
Are you an apologist for fascism? Just curious, since neo-fascists take a position like yours.

Just because our president nomimated this military hero doesnt mean you can off handedly reject him without cause. Witchcraft and voodoo have no place in the debate, nor does racism.
I'm not "off-handedly" (sic) rejecting this "military hero" without cause -- I'm doubting his intelligence and/or ability to be objective given his material interests and the material interest of his favorites.

Voodoo "security" is what BDOs practice.

Who knows why you bring up racism here. Is it something close to your heart?

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Mar 26, 2010 at 4:51 pm Reason: merge consecutive posts
Old Mar 25, 2010, 11:51 pm

Are you an apologist for fascism? Just curious, since neo-fascists take a position like yours.
Lemme look it up. Hmmm. Majic 8 ball says likely not.

Without personalizing the discussion much more, I suggest my argument is clear since page 1. I would like to see how this plays out a few more days before publicly sinking the dude.

I'm not "off-handedly" (sic) rejecting this "military hero" without cause -- I'm doubting his intelligence and/or ability to be objective given his material interests and the material interest of his favorites.

Voodoo "security" is what BDOs practice.

Who knows why you bring up racism here. Is it something close to your heart?
Tomato, tomatoe...it actually sounds like you are. How much research beyond the sound bites listed have you invested in learning his true position? Are you "official bio" deep in his credentials? Or maybe it is what you read in blogs and FT? What about the things he has done up to 2001 in the military, and his activities after forming his company in 2003?

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Mar 26, 2010 at 4:52 pm Reason: merge consecutive posts
Old Mar 25, 2010, 11:57 pm
Suspended

Lemme look it up. Hmmm. Majic 8 ball says likely not.

Without personalizing the discussion much more, I suggest my argument is clear since page 1. I would like to see how this plays out a few more days before publicly sinking the dude.
Who is "publicly sinking the dude"? The public figure gets the criticism he deserves.

I won't shed any tears if his career goes nowhere from here.

Tomato, tomatoe...it actually sounds like you are.
You are entitled to hear whatever you wish to hear and fail to hear or pretend to fail to hear whatever you wish.

How much research beyond the sound bites listed have you invested in learning his true position? Are you "official bio" deep in his credentials? Or maybe it is what you read in blogs and FT? What about the things he has done up to 2001 in the military, and his activities after forming his company in 2003?
My positions are generally well-informed, and this is no exception.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Mar 26, 2010 at 4:53 pm Reason: merge consecutive posts
Old Mar 26, 2010, 12:01 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Dia, SPG Gold, MR Plat, Hertz PC
My positions are generally well-informed, and this is no exception.
But, your position does not directly and completely match his...therefore, it apparently does not matter in the least.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 12:05 am

You are entitled to hear whatever you wish to hear and fail to hear or pretend to fail to hear whatever you wish.

[B]My positions are generally well-informed, and this is no exception. [/[/B
OMG, I agree, I must bow down in honor. Naaah, not today, not on this silly topic.

I have to agree with DevilDog, your opinion doesnt matter in the least.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 12:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by DevilDog438
But, your position does not directly and completely match his...therefore, it apparently does not matter in the least.
As is to be expected. Some people only seek confirmation, while others don't care about confirmation or not -- especially given the "security" stupidity is continuing because kool-aid drinking is par for the TSA course.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
"We should move even closer to an Israeli model where there's more engagement with passengers," Harding said, according to Reuters. "I think that increases the layers and pushes the layers out." Even though the program has already deployed behavior detection officers at selected airports around the country, there have been conflicting claims about its efficacy. From January 2006 to November 2009, more than 232,000 people were referred for additional screening at the security checkpoint by behavior detection officers, according to numbers TSA provided to AOL News. Of those, 1,710 were eventually arrested and more than 2,400 were "referred for continued investigation."

Wow, 1700 arrests. I guess Harding isnt such the idiot?

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/articl...nsion/19412523
Ok, assuming the 700 million pax per year statistic that TSA uses, roughly 2.8 billion people passed thru US airports in those 4 years.

Of those, 232,000 people were "spotted", or .0083% of all passengers.

Of those, 232,2000, 1710 were arrested (not necessarily convicted), or .7% of those spotted.

Total is .00006% success rate.

Ya, that sounds like a great use of resources.

Now tell me, with numbers like that, how does that compare with random chance? I'm sure out of 2.8 billion people, you could find that many people arrestable.

On top of that, this includes people like college kids with fake IDs, etc. Not exactly real threats to society.

You may think that's a good thing, but I'd much rather TSA stick to the constitution and let the LEOs do their job. TSA is not supposed to be a dragnet - the ends don't justify the means.

[QUOTE=Dan_E;13651246]

My positions are generally well-informed, and this is no exception. [/QUOTE]

OMG, I agree, I must bow down in honor. Naaah, not today, not on this silly topic.

I have to agree with DevilDog, your opinion doesnt matter in the least.
And yours does?

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Mar 26, 2010 at 4:54 pm Reason: merge consecutive posts
Old Mar 26, 2010, 12:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Superguy

You may think that's a good thing, but I'd much rather TSA stick to the constitution and let the LEOs do their job. TSA is not supposed to be a dragnet - the ends don't justify the means.
Fascists don't routinely buy that -- instead, the fascism espoused in living memory was routinely resting upon a foundation of the ends supposedly justifying the means.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 12:54 am

Total is .00006% success rate
Quality is the goal, not quantity. Right now, they emphasize quantity, and almost every civilian involved is not pleased.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 1:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by LuvAirFrance
Quality is the goal, not quantity. Right now, they emphasize quantity, and almost every civilian involved is not pleased.
Voodoo "security" is voodoo "security" regardless of quantity and supposed quality claimed or assigned.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 8:15 am

Programs: AA Plat/1MM
Originally Posted by JSmith1969
Why do you think ineffective and invasive techniques are good news?
It's part of the Indoctrination.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.