Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AT&T is pathetic!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2004, 8:52 am
Original Poster

AT&T is pathetic!

Twice in the past two months I have called AT&T to sign up for service with the 10,000 AAdvanatge mile bonus. Each time it has required several calls just to get someone aware of this offer. All in all, it took at least 30 min. each time. Then I get a postcard saying there is a problem setting up my account. When I called today, they said I must go through the entire sign up process again. I give up!! It's just not worth it.
Old Jun 11, 2004, 8:03 pm

I could not agree more

Had such a frustrating experience with this sign-up that I decided to call AA Advantage customer service to complain. The CSR was amazed at the difficulty that signing up entailed, she gave me 1,500 miles for my troubles. I too decided not to pursue AT&T for the 10,000 miles, at least until they straighten this process out.
Old Jun 13, 2004, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
While it was about 5 years ago, I found AT&T to be the worst in terms of customer service. After signing up for their various services and frequent flyer miles, I had to call:
1) to get the calling cards I had requested.
2) upon receipt of one calling card, to get the second one
3) to let them know that the rates on my first bill were not the ones I had agreed to when I signed up. AT&T said they didn't know that I wanted the lower rates to start immediately and had planned on starting them with my first full month. How pathetic is that?
4) to get my frequent flyer miles.
5) to get my frequent flyer miles (again)
6) to get my frequent flyer miles (again)

I decided that the amount of time I was spending calling them wasn't worth the $5 or so a month I was saving so I switched back to MCI and will NEVER, EVER consider AT&T again!
Old Jun 17, 2004, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Their LD Service does suck. However, I've recently switched to them for Cell Phone service (I think it's now owned or soon will be owned by Cingular though) and the ATT Wireless service is way better than Sprint ever was.
Old Jun 18, 2004, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
bhatnasx, what kind of points program does AT&T wireless have? I'm getting tired of having to call Sprint PCS to get my miles to post.
Old Jun 21, 2004, 2:06 pm

they send me e-,ail like i still have an account with them
Old Jun 22, 2004, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by bosman
bhatnasx, what kind of points program does AT&T wireless have? I'm getting tired of having to call Sprint PCS to get my miles to post.
AT&T Wireless used to have mileage agreemtns with a bunch of carriers, but one day they dropped all but one. The only airline you can earn miles on with AT&T Wireless now is Alaska Airlines.
Old Jun 23, 2004, 11:26 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
AT&T Wireless Partnership Ending
Effective September 30, 2004, the Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan partnership with AT&T Wireless will end. After September 30, 2004, Mileage Plan members will no longer be able to earn Mileage Plan Miles with AT&T Wireless. For more information, call AT&T Wireless customer service at 1-800-888-7600.
Old Jul 7, 2004, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by BLI-Flyer
AT&T Wireless Partnership Ending
Effective September 30, 2004, the Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan partnership with AT&T Wireless will end. After September 30, 2004, Mileage Plan members will no longer be able to earn Mileage Plan Miles with AT&T Wireless. For more information, call AT&T Wireless customer service at 1-800-888-7600.
This is around the same time as Cingular is completing takeover of AT&T Wireless.
Old Jul 7, 2004, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
switched to at&t 5 months ago, one call, no problems. had to direct CR to 10K deal instead of 5K deal, but that was the only hitch. all miles posted promptly on AA (2k per month). rather minimal cost for 10k miles as there is no monthly fee and i don't make long dist calls from home.

ready to switch back to mci or sprint for next set of miles
Old Jul 12, 2004, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: 2008 FT1 Fantasy Football Champion
AT&T is not accepting new customers in OH. For anything, TMK. They say they can't make money here.
Old Dec 11, 2004, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

What a joke. Today I received a bill for AT&T "Service". I gave up on them back in July! When I dial 00 on my phone, it stills says "Welcome to MCI". When I called AT&T, I explained the situation, and they had the nerve to ask me why I didn't want AT&T service. What a bunch of morons.
Old Dec 15, 2004, 8:07 am

Me, too.

I switched away from AT&T four months ago. Every month, I get a bill for "minimal usage". Every month, I call and get credited for it. I plan to complain to the FCC.
Old Dec 15, 2004, 10:14 pm
RCC

Originally Posted by ontheroad
I switched away from AT&T four months ago. Every month, I get a bill for "minimal usage". Every month, I call and get credited for it. I plan to complain to the FCC.
Funny thing about FCC chairman, on TV one time I remember him saying he doesnt understand his ATT long distance bill.

All these companies, charge FCC & other "regulation" charges that are just bogus, total 100% profit to their bottom line.

For those that listen to Clark Howard he often complains about these fees.
Old Dec 31, 2004, 3:04 pm

Unhappy AT&T's awful service

Originally Posted by RCC
Funny thing about FCC chairman, on TV one time I remember him saying he doesnt understand his ATT long distance bill.

All these companies, charge FCC & other "regulation" charges that are just bogus, total 100% profit to their bottom line.

As for the FCC, their "complaint" process is completely ineffective for resolving the consumer's problem. It's based upon the honor system. The FCC will refer your complaint to the carrier, ask them to respond directly to you, and will then wash its hands of the problem. The FCC typically does not even investigate these issues unless there is overwhelming consumer outcry. The FCC is progressively becoming more industry-friendly and more consumer-hostile, a reflection of its current chairman, Michael Powell.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.