Search

AT&T is pathetic!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2005, 11:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: Starwood Plat/AA Gold/Marriott Gold
What did you end up doing

Originally Posted by Boraxo
switched to at&t 5 months ago, one call, no problems. had to direct CR to 10K deal instead of 5K deal, but that was the only hitch. all miles posted promptly on AA (2k per month). rather minimal cost for 10k miles as there is no monthly fee and i don't make long dist calls from home.

ready to switch back to mci or sprint for next set of miles
just curious...had enough of ATT so I need a long distance plan to earn some more points or miles. What is best deal going?
thx.
Old Jan 4, 2005, 12:10 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by texarkana
just curious...had enough of ATT so I need a long distance plan to earn some more points or miles. What is best deal going?
thx.
IMHO, not worth the time or effort.
Old Jan 8, 2005, 11:27 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Gold Passport Diamond, Starwood Gold, Leaders Club
That's because AT&T won't accept any more customers in their AAdvantage mileage program. I received my December miles, so it looks like they grandfathered those of us already in the program, but that's it. Sorry.

Originally Posted by Schutzee
Twice in the past two months I have called AT&T to sign up for service with the 10,000 AAdvanatge mile bonus. Each time it has required several calls just to get someone aware of this offer. All in all, it took at least 30 min. each time. Then I get a postcard saying there is a problem setting up my account. When I called today, they said I must go through the entire sign up process again. I give up!! It's just not worth it.
Old Jan 13, 2005, 10:52 am
Original Poster

The saga continues......

When I did my daily update of Miletracker, I discovered the following had posted to AAdvanatge:

07/24/04 AT&T LD ACTIVATION BNS/MONTH 5 0 1,000 1,000
06/24/04 AT&T LD ACTIVATION BNS/MONTH 4 0 1,000 1,000
05/24/04 AT&T LD ACTIVATION BNS/MONTH 3 0 1,000 1,000
04/24/04 AT&T LD ACTIVATION BNS/MONTH 2 0 1,000 1,000
03/24/04 AT&T LD ACTIVATION BNS/MONTH 1 0 1,000 1,000

Not that I'm complaining, but I wonder how AT&T stays in business. They are a case study in poor cusomer service! I have received only one bill from them, but my LD service has never been changed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.