Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles for Sprint PCS?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2003, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Miles for Sprint PCS?

I have a Sprint PCS phone and know that they offer miles for new accounts. I have had my account for years and have never received (or asked for) any bonus miles. Is there anyway that I can get miles (prefer AA, NW, or US) for continuing to use my current service?
Old Oct 20, 2003, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Since your question deals specifically with the procedures and processes of Sprint, I'm going to move this question to the Sprint forum.

Gary Steiger's Free Frequent Flyer Miles page outlines lots of Sprint offers under "Telephone."

Here's a list of airlines that Sprint partners with.

You might also check the various airline forums and do a search for "Sprint." You'll find several threads that may point you in the right direction.

My own hunch is that you'll have to sign a new contract to get new miles. And even then you won't be considered a 'new customer' so you may or may not be eligible for miles. The new customer requirement may go by the wayside, though, when cell number portability arrives next month.

But I'm truly no expert on this subject.

Best regards,
Gary
aka gleff
MilesBuzz and Delta moderator

[This message has been edited by gleff (edited 10-20-2003).]
Old Dec 6, 2003, 7:33 am

In theory, according to the AS program guide, you can get 5 miles/dollar. However, nobody on the AS thread seems to be able to do this anymore.

I used to do this, then switched to NWA (offering a similar 5 miles/dollar), then noticed that I stopped getting this in March 03, but also that may be due to me switching around my phone options at that time.

So, in sum up, NW and AS both offered $5/mile for continuing customers (I added this well after the getting my PCS phone) at one time, and may still offer it. According to the AS program guide from the web site, you still get this for plans of $50 or higher a month, but nobody has reported success with this recently.

Good luck!
Old Dec 15, 2003, 5:59 am
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Milesjamie:
In theory, according to the AS program guide, you can get 5 miles/dollar. However, nobody on the AS thread seems to be able to do this anymore.

I used to do this, then switched to NWA (offering a similar 5 miles/dollar), then noticed that I stopped getting this in March 03, but also that may be due to me switching around my phone options at that time.

So, in sum up, NW and AS both offered $5/mile for continuing customers (I added this well after the getting my PCS phone) at one time, and may still offer it. According to the AS program guide from the web site, you still get this for plans of $50 or higher a month, but nobody has reported success with this recently.

Good luck!
</font>
Yes, NW terminated their partnership with Sprint effective March of this year. Boy, did I clean up until then. I have something like 48K+ miles on NW due to my Sprint activity + bonuses.

Old Dec 19, 2003, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA, Starwood, Hyatt, Starbucks Gold
It doesn't seem to be an issue signing up your FF # on an existing PCS #.

I just called to do this, and the problem was more figuring out which offer for what they were offering, and how to put my FF # into the system. With a supervisor's help, here is what the cust svc guy found.

Once you know if you want America West, USAA (is this US Air?) or United FF miles (note: these are what the guy could find and the deals and terms for each seem to be different), check

[trying to find URL]

Then have the person on the phone click their way thru the following to sign your FF # into the system:

- Plan
- Affinity
- (the AIRLINE you want)
- Wizard
- Select Other Tools
- Affinity Awards or Other
- Research Sprint Customer Airline Awards
- (your PCS PHONE # and your NAME)
- then I guess they can put your FF # in

Good luck

[This message has been edited by lisamcgu (edited Dec 19, 2003).]
Old Dec 19, 2003, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA GS Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/Starwood Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by lisamcgu:
It doesn't seem to be an issue signing up your FF # on an existing PCS #.

[This message has been edited by lisamcgu (edited Dec 19, 2003).]
</font>
But, as I understand it, you only get a one-time bonus of 1000 MP miles; there's no 5 miles/$ on the invoice charges, right?

In addition you have to extend your contract a year.

BTW, here are the numbers to call (from http://www.united.com/page/article/0,1360,1173,00.html):
Sprint (PCS - new customers)

1-866-996-4537
sprintpcs.com/united

1-888-397-4764

[This message has been edited by SFOffjunkie (edited Dec 19, 2003).]
Old Dec 20, 2003, 6:25 pm

Programs: AA, Starwood, Hyatt, Starbucks Gold
I just got this back from my email to Sprint:

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for contacting Sprint.

We have affiliation with various Airlines Frequent Flier Programs.

These includes:

-America West - Flight Fund Account.

-Alaska Airlines.

-Midwest Express.

-United Airlines.

-US Air - Airlines Dividend Miles.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Alan B.
eCare
Old Jan 11, 2004, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I have been a sprint pcs customer for 5+ years. Love them, rarely any problems with dropped calls, no problems at all with billing, cs, etc. Even offered to replace my old phone for free.

Anyway, I called in Sept. (about 6 months after renewing my contract) to ask for the 1000 UA miles. The rep agreed that I was eligible for the miles based on my renewal, and the 1000 miles appeared within 30 days.

So if you have sprint service but haven't received any UA miles in the past year, I would highly recommend you call and ask for them.
Old Jan 15, 2004, 7:49 pm

Same thing with me. They will give you a bonus if you extend your plan. But no miles per dollar. I only saw that on your long distance plan.
Old Jan 28, 2004, 2:44 pm

I finally got the mileage credit from my sprint pcs to post to my united account, then it disappeared, after calls, etc to sprint mileage credit will appear for a month.

Does anybody have a contact which I can contact that would make 'em appear forever so that I don't have this every other month event to deal with.

Thank you
Old Jan 29, 2004, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by suzieq:
Does anybody have a contact which I can contact that would make 'em appear forever so that I don't have this every other month event to deal with.

Thank you
</font>
I have a love-hate relationship with Sprint PCS - write a letter to Len Lauer - he's the CEO (find out the mailing address at Hoovers.com) - I did that and got a case officer assigned with Executive Services (of course she's never there when I call - Sprint PCS has the absolute worst customer service!) - as a resolution to my concerns, they offered me 30K UA miles. Good luck - going via regular channels is useless with Sprint PCS.
Old Feb 5, 2004, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA/AA
I recently renewed my agreement for Sprint PCS service and was told that I would be eligible to receive 1000 UA miles for the renewal and an additional 5000 mi. (half now and half after 6 months of billing) for adding a second line. So time will tell if this is true or not.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by bhatnasx
I have a love-hate relationship with Sprint PCS - write a letter to Len Lauer - he's the CEO (find out the mailing address at Hoovers.com) - I did that and got a case officer assigned with Executive Services (of course she's never there when I call - Sprint PCS has the absolute worst customer service!) - as a resolution to my concerns, they offered me 30K UA miles. Good luck - going via regular channels is useless with Sprint PCS.
I completely agree. It's been over 8 months (several calls to clueless PCS reps, and polite emails to their center) since they shorted me 9,000 HP miles. For a FTer, that's as bad as insulting their mother! Anywho, I'll try a letter to this CEO. Thank you very much bhatnasx! ^
Old Jan 23, 2005, 6:58 pm

Letter to CEO in the mail, I tried a final several calls to SprintPCS to resolve this. First time: Transferred to what appeared to be the voicemail of a warehouse that processed bulk orders for corporate clients.
Second time: Request to speak to a supervisor results in being disconnected.
Third time: Request to speak to a supervisor results in being sent to their Corporate/Business Early Accounts unit. Luckily, the rep there was the only person who was moderately helpful in the past few months. Still no resolution though.

My advice: Stay away from SprintPCS if you want the miles. Customer support sucks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.