Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Phone Programs/Partners > Phones Programs/Partners
Reload this Page >

Now MCI refuses to honor my 5000 miles calling card promo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2001, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

I signed up 2 phones for the MCI stand alone calling card with the 1000 miles a month. Now MCI says there are no miles. Can anyone provide the link with the offer? All I have is the person's name who signed me up. Thanks http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif
Old Aug 17, 2001, 4:06 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by flowerchild:
I signed up 2 phones for the MCI stand alone calling card with the 1000 miles a month. Now MCI says there are no miles. Can anyone provide the link with the offer? All I have is the person's name who signed me up. Thanks http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif </font>
This may help:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/004733.html
Old Aug 17, 2001, 11:11 pm

As someone who has been burned twice by MCI mileage promotions, here is what I've found to be the standard operating procedures for collecting any MCI promotional miles:

1. Take advantage of the offer, as advertised.

2. Wait for your miles to post.

3. They won't.

4. Call their customer service office and politely complain. Make a note of who you talked to and when. This will be challenging, as you may be told to call a string of different phone numbers before someone finally accepts your complaint.

5. Wait for your miles to post.

6. They won't.

7. Send an e-mail to MCI customer service, politely complaining that your miles haven't posted.

8. Receive an e-mail from MCI customer service, telling you to call their customer service office.

9. Repeat steps 4, 5, and 6.

10. Write a letter to MCI headquarters, complaining about the fact that the miles haven't posted, a little less politely and a little more edgy.

11. Receive a phone call from a customer service representative, politely and sympathetically -- but firmly -- denying that the promotion you claim to have enrolled in ever took place.

12. Scour your personal files for hours until, by a pure miracle, you come across some shred of documentation that the promotion really did exist

13. Send the documentation to MCI headquarters, the Better Business Bureau, your local consumer protection agency, and your state attorney general's office, along with a record of all the phone calls and e-mails you've made, and an angry demand that your miles be posted and that a substantial monetary credit be made to your account for all the trouble you've gone through.

14. Accept MCI's offer of some modest credit to your bill, in lieu of the miles you were promised.

15. Kiss the miles goodbye.

And this is when things go WELL...

------------------------
Seriously, I've learned to (a) never accept mileage offers over the telephone, since they cannot be documented and can be easily denied, and (b) maintain a copy of the written promotional material for any offer you do accept.
Old Aug 18, 2001, 6:30 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
We at my house have had good luck by immediately hanging up on all telephone solicitors, which would have included this MCI solicitation.

The solicitors like it, because they get to go on to the next call quickly. We like it, because we don't have to argue with them.

And, we hardly get any solicitors calling any more, no more than one a week http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

------------------
Middle_Seat

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.