Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Phone Programs/Partners > Phones Programs/Partners
Reload this Page >

anyone got 5k miles from mci promo for callingcard only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2001, 2:44 am
Original Poster

hi guys...

i signed up for mci-callingcard 5000 miles promotion using http://www.mciworldcom.com/united . i never received any of the 1000 miles per month, but the regular miles (5 per $ spend) post fine.

i called mci cs at least 10 times already. it is just a mess. csr keep telling me

1. "there is no promo like that..."
2. you only get 5k miles promo when you sign up for long distance..."
3. "this offer is for non-us-residents only..."

as i read the rules, terms and conditions there is nothing in that promo where you have to sign up for long distance or be a non-us-resident. btw... how can a non-us-resident sign up for long distance????

anyway... did anyone get 5k miles for just signing up for the calling card or anyone have any idea what to do?

thx...

[This message has been edited by hmsflytalk (edited 08-20-2001).]
Old Aug 21, 2001, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA, UA, HH, WOH, Bonvoy
I had the same experience with the American Airlines version of this scam.
Old Aug 21, 2001, 11:23 pm
gsw

Programs: DL
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by se94583:
I had the same experience with the American Airlines version of this scam. </font>
I signed up with the Delta version. It took foreverrrrr...but the first 1000-mile bonus came through last month. Good look with your bonus.
Old Aug 22, 2001, 10:50 am
Original Member

From the terms and conditions on their web-site:

"Existing MCI WorldCom customers not eligible for bonus offer. Limit one enrollment bonus per AAdvantage account number and MCI WorldCom account. The names on your MCI WorldCom and AAdvantage accounts must match to participate in this program and earn AAdvantage mileage. Enrollment in the MCI/AAdvantage program is in lieu of any other MCI WorldCom bonus program or promotion. MCI WorldCom reserves the right to amend its mileage program upon 6 months notice. Allow 8 weeks for bonus miles to post to your AAdvantage account. You must remain an MCI WorldCom customer through time of fulfillment to receive full bonus. Miles earned are subject to U.S. Federal Excise Tax.

Please allow 3-4 weeks to receive your MCI/AAdvantage Calling Card.

American Airlines and AAdvantage are registered trademarks of American Airlines, Inc. American Airlines reserves the right to change AAdvantage program rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers at any time without notice, and to end the AAdvantage program with six months notice. Any such changes may affect your ability to use the awards or mileage credits that you have accumulated. American Airlines is not responsible for products or services offered by other participating companies. For complete details about the AAdvantage program, visit www.aa.com.

[This message has been edited by leroy11 (edited 08-22-2001).]
Old Aug 22, 2001, 10:51 am
Original Member

From the terms and conditions on their web-site:

"Existing MCI WorldCom customers not eligible for bonus offer. Limit one enrollment bonus per AAdvantage account number and MCI WorldCom account. The names on your MCI WorldCom and AAdvantage accounts must match to participate in this program and earn AAdvantage mileage. Enrollment in the MCI/AAdvantage program is in lieu of any other MCI WorldCom bonus program or promotion. MCI WorldCom reserves the right to amend its mileage program upon 6 months notice. Allow 8 weeks for bonus miles to post to your AAdvantage account. You must remain an MCI WorldCom customer through time of fulfillment to receive full bonus. Miles earned are subject to U.S. Federal Excise Tax.

Please allow 3-4 weeks to receive your MCI/AAdvantage Calling Card.

American Airlines and AAdvantage are registered trademarks of American Airlines, Inc. American Airlines reserves the right to change AAdvantage program rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers at any time without notice, and to end the AAdvantage program with six months notice. Any such changes may affect your ability to use the awards or mileage credits that you have accumulated. American Airlines is not responsible for products or services offered by other participating companies. For complete details about the AAdvantage program, visit www.aa.com. "
Old Aug 24, 2001, 3:27 am

I signed up for 'scam' last year and also had loads of problems with MCI. They pulled stuff like.....a month is our billing system month, not a normal calendar month (their offer states...earn 1000 per month in each of the first 5 months you have the card by using the card that month). I never received all 5000 miles (maybe just 4000)...but it took a lot of fighting with disinterested, unfriendly MCI agents.

THEN they have the #%$!'s to start charging me $1.00/month to OWN the card. That has since stopped, I think.

I met Bill McGowan (MCI's original founder) years ago. He would be rolling over in his grave if he knew that MCI has become AT&T.
Old Aug 24, 2001, 6:34 am

Programs: AA PLT; DL Gold MDL
I signed up for the AA version of the card. I received my first 1000 bonus miles about one month after I got the card. So far, so good, I hope I get the other 4K.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.