Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Clear Info Needed

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 1999, 11:24 am
Original Member

It's seven lines for me (175,000) miles. All in separate accounts but some under the same name and airline. Oh I love this stuff.
Old Aug 5, 1999, 6:52 pm

byrdyy, Way to go ! What airline ?
Old Aug 11, 1999, 12:13 am

Programs: AA PLT
Hi everyone! I'm new here, and I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to clarify a few things for me. Is the MCI 25k miles promotion still going on? I vaguely remember reading on another thread in "the Buzz" that it expired on May 13. Also, has anyone had any luck signing up for this promo from California? Thanks!
Old Aug 11, 1999, 7:25 am

Lasttime I asked them, it was available til June end.
Old Aug 11, 1999, 7:24 pm

Then how did toppshelff sign up for the 25k program last month? (July) Did anyone else hear anything different?
Old Aug 11, 1999, 7:52 pm

I signed up last line on 8/1/99 and just got my welcome package today which states 2500 miles a month for 10 months. Of course, I promptly e-mailed customer service to correct this to 5000 x 5. They also gave me the $5. certificate to pay local phone company switching charge. I am in New York.
Old Aug 11, 1999, 9:28 pm

Ok, I just unsucessfully tried to score this 25k offer.I first called 1-800-269-2292, but it appears to be a line for Delta FFP members only. (I'm an AAdvantage member) I then called MCI's customer service nummber, 1-800-754-7076, and asked about plan Z25A. I was told that it's still ongoing, but you have to live in one of eight qualifying states. How did you get this offer in New York? A phone number to call would be greatly appreciated. http://talk.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif
Old Aug 12, 1999, 9:27 am

Programs: UA
MCI is VERY INCONSISTANT on 25K miles offer. It's depends on which MCI rep you get talked. Some will give you 25K miles but some will insist that you live in one of the states.

My brother recently offered 25K miles to switch back but when I got a phone call this morning from MCI, its rep offered me 10K miles. http://talk.flyertalk.com/forum/frown.gif When I told her that Sprint offered 25K miles she thanked me and hung up right away.

------------------
Dan
Old Aug 12, 1999, 6:12 pm

Darien-I

I called 800-754-7076. Call until you get someone helpful, it may take two or three calls. Every CSR gives a different story. It is important to use the words " I want to switch back to MCI ". As per my previous posts, this has worked six times for me. Don't give up !
Old Aug 16, 1999, 2:34 am

I signed my two lines up with MCI as well and am getting all of the miles promised. I live in Colorado, not one of the nine states apparently elligible for the promo.

This is something I don't think I've seen yet...

when I switched from MCI to Sprint for the original Worldperks 16k mile offer several months back, I switched back to MCI for the 25k mile deal (with Delta), but I asked Sprint to keep my Foncard active.

About two weeks ago, I got a call from Sprint wanting to confirm my Worldperks number. They didn't ask me to switch back, it was just a confirmation call. Why, I don't know. I didn't tell them I had switched to MCI.

So I checked my Worldperks account and sure enough, Sprint is still sending miles to my Worldperks account. I am using the Foncard occasionally, so I suppose it still shows in their records that I'm a customer. The Foncard is free, by the way, so those Worldperk miles are really cheap! http://talk.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

------------------
Aloooha!
http://www.hotshirts.com

Old Aug 18, 1999, 8:41 am

I live in the suburbs of Chicago & I have 4 lines currently receiving 25K miles & 2 I'll soon be switching back to MCI. The trick is that you have to set them up separately. If you try to do more than one at a time you'll only get 1000 miles for the second line. The other draw back is that you will spend a lot of time on the phone waiting. 25K miles per line is well worth the wait though.

------------------
MilesNut
Old Aug 18, 1999, 8:48 am

Darien-l....The bonus offer is with American(Z25A), Continental(Z25C) & Delta(Z25D).

------------------
MilesNut
Old Aug 18, 1999, 9:02 am

I live in the suburbs of Chicago & I have 4 lines currently receiving 25K miles & 2 I'll soon be switching back to MCI. The trick is that you have to set them up separately. If you try to do more than one at a time you'll only get 1000 miles for the second line. The other draw back is that you will spend a lot of time on the phone waiting. 25K miles per line is well worth the wait though.

------------------
MilesNut
Old Aug 18, 1999, 8:19 pm

Ok, I just signed up for the 25k offer! It did take me 3 calls to get someone to sign me up, though. All other CSR's were telling me the same story about the offer not being available in California. In any case, I was promised 5,000 miles a month for 5 months, and I of course carefully documented the call to make sure I actually get these miles. This is a great deal!! Thanks, everyone!
Old Aug 19, 1999, 8:19 pm

Congratulations Darien-l glad you didn't give up. MCI can be a bit of a pain but all those miles make it well worth the aggravation.

------------------
MilesNut

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.