Wiki Posts
Search

Timing of switch to AT&T

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2002, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime Platinum, AA
Timing of switch to AT&T

I'm getting AA miles on two phone lines through MCI right now. I'm planning on switching to AT&T, putting one line on AA and one on Delta. The form online that you go to forthe 5K bonus asks if you are alrady an ATT customer -- technically I'm not. If I fill out both, what are the odds I can get the bonus in each program?

Also -- does anyone know how long the 5K bonuses are good?

Old Dec 7, 2002, 3:21 pm

Lindsey, You receive 1000 miles per month for 5 momths. According to the boys on FT they are having trouble getting the miles and the 5/ per $1.00 spent
Old Dec 8, 2002, 9:12 am
Original Poster

That's an argument for sticking with MCI until the miles run out (4/30, I think).
Old Dec 8, 2002, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you are married, and you are both members of the FF plans you mentioned, consider having one of the AT&T accounts in your name and one in your spouse's name.
Old Dec 8, 2002, 6:16 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Lindsy:
I'm getting AA miles on two phone lines through MCI right now. I'm planning on switching to AT&T, putting one line on AA and one on Delta. The form online that you go to forthe 5K bonus asks if you are alrady an ATT customer -- technically I'm not. If I fill out both, what are the odds I can get the bonus in each program?

Also -- does anyone know how long the 5K bonuses are good?

</font>
Lindsy, it is my understanding that one can, in fact, obtain the AT&T bonuses even if one is an existing AT&T customer--however, it is also my understanding that for a given individual, they can only have one "option" active @ a time re: which perks-earning option is selected re: AT&T "Travel Rewards".

Lastly, I would not count on AT&T's online anything to produce results re: registration for said perks, email response to a customer service complaint, etc.--I would deal w/ them exclusively over the phone. In addition, after registering for a given perks-earning option, I would recommend calling back right away--& then a short time thereafter (e.g. a week later)--to confirm w/ other reps that (1) they see that you are registered for a program, (2) they see that you are registered for the program you selected, (3) they show that you registered on ___ date, (4) they have your first & last names spelled correctly re: such that they match--exactly--what is associated w/ the relevant airline FF account, etc., & (5) they have the correct FF #, etc.
Old Dec 9, 2002, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Amenuensis: what is AT&T's policy here? My partner is listed in the phone book on one of our lines, but I'm teh customer of record and the MCI AA miles on that line go to me -- we were told they Had to go to me.

ILTE: thanks. I'll stick to the phone. But tell me more about this "option" business. Are you saying that even if I only got the %K bonus on one line as a single customer, I couldn't have my lines earning miles in different programs?
Old Dec 9, 2002, 8:43 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Lindsy:
Are you saying that even if I only got the %K bonus on one line as a single customer, I couldn't have my lines earning miles in different programs? </font>
Hi Lindsy,

Sorry for any confusion...it is my understanding that the AT&T Travel Rewards program only allows you to earn miles/points/perks in one of their programs @ a time--thus, while you could have multiple lines earning miles/points/perks, they would have to be registered w/ the same earning option (e.g. Starpoints, CO miles, DL miles) if each was earning miles/points/perks via AT&T.

Please note that I've never tested the restriction...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.