Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Porter Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2008, 11:10 am

Well 16 hours have passed from my originally scheduled flight time and I'm still in EWR although leaving soon.

The issue seems to be that they have one plane out for scheduled maintenance (here at EWR funnily enough) and another one went mechanical yesterday afternoon that was slated for EWR service so they've been running the service with 1/2 the usual aircraft and nothing they're willing to pull from the rest of the network.

This is PD's achilles heel, with a small fleet and the network growing and them having to really run tight on utilization things really go pear shaped when the slightest problem happens, especially at EWR with the tight slot limits.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 10:07 am

Thumbs up 2 year Anniversary....

Hard to believe the little airline that could is still doing 2 years later. And they said you wouldn't last
Old Nov 12, 2008, 10:08 am

Programs: UA1K
i heard that they were looking at starting DC service...i know it's a ways off, but i wonder if they'd do DCA or IAD.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Interesting...

New York, Chicago and Washington have been pretty good cash cows for AC. Porter offers low fares when booking way in advance but they get a good penny if booking on short notice.

My guess is Boston will follow the above.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 11:34 am

I got my POTER VIP Luggage tags today

Way better than Air Canada's
Old Nov 14, 2008, 1:18 pm

Location: Chicago, IL USA AA Platinum, UA, Hilton Blue, Starwood Platinum, Amtrak Guest Rewards
I fly out tonight from Chicago to Toronto. Hope the flight is good!

Old Nov 15, 2008, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by imverge
I got my POTER VIP Luggage tags today

Way better than Air Canada's
And other than looking cool, what are the benefits of those tags?
Old Nov 15, 2008, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by The Lev
And other than looking cool, what are the benefits of those tags?
They are personalized luggage tags avail. to every member that belongs to their VIP FF program.
Old Nov 15, 2008, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by WindyCityBrother
I fly out tonight from Chicago to Toronto. Hope the flight is good!

Well give us your thoughts?
Old Nov 16, 2008, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AE
They are personalized luggage tags avail. to every member that belongs to their VIP FF program.
Enjoy using those points for flights to Europe, Hawai'i, Asia. Oh wait a minute...
Old Nov 16, 2008, 5:54 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles, AAdvantage, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, Priority Club
Originally Posted by LeSabre74
Enjoy using those points for flights to Europe, Hawai'i, Asia. Oh wait a minute...
That's kinda unfair to say that against a 2 year old airline. I'm sure it took AC many, many, many years to get the route network they have now. I should say that Porter are doing good for what they do. They are not expanding too quickly and they are operating relatively low breakeven aircraft. I should say good for them.. and so should you.. if AC was to have restarted at the same time as Porter, would there really be that big of a difference between the two? Doubtful..
Old Nov 18, 2008, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP; DL Gold; PC Plat; SPG Gold; HHonors Gold
Just returned from my first Porter flight (Monday, Nov. 10). Flew from EWR to YTZ. Like many on here, I live in downtown Toronto... so the speed / cost at which I am able to get home after landing is a major benefit. ^

I've booked another flight (return trip this time) to EWR in December. Wonder how long it will be before my luggage tags arrive...
Old Nov 21, 2008, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by LeSabre74
With the money I'm saving using Porter over AC by the end of the year.. I can buy a flight to Europe or Hawaii etc.. And what do you get 500 AP miles for each short haul segment gotta do tons of those to redeem for a flight to Europe, Hawaii.. Oh wait a minute... no seats avail on Aeroplan unless you want to pay 600,000 points...
Old Nov 21, 2008, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With the money I'm saving using Porter over AC by the end of the year.. I can buy a flight to Europe or Hawaii etc.. And what do you get 500 AP miles for each short haul segment gotta do tons of those to redeem for a flight to Europe, Hawaii.. Oh wait a minute... no seats avail on Aeroplan unless you want to pay 600,000 points...
I keep wanting to try Porter, but every time I go to book, AC is way cheaper.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by The Lev
I keep wanting to try Porter, but every time I go to book, AC is way cheaper.
Really? Even if you get a cheaper price on AC you have PORTER to thank. Since they started Chicago and New York Ac's prices have nose-dived.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.