Wiki Posts
Search

Volaris v.club

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2022, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Volaris v.club

Anybody use this? Thoughts/experiences?

I do have a specific issue/question which I'll pose here. Don't really have any expectation that anyone can answer me, but at least it might be a warning/case for someone else.

I joined v.club friends + family via the v.club registration (the other way to join is with your ticket purchase) I did the v.club registration because the price is a little lower and they also give you the option to pay via a monthly subscription. However, I did have a specific flight I wanted to purchase at a v.club rate. Since signing up for v.club 4 hours ago, the ticket booking site still doesn't recognize that I am already a member. The v.club site shows my membership details and I also have an email welcoming me to the club, but whenever I click through to the purchase site it no longer recognizes my membership and keeps asking me to upgrade. And when I do add the upgrade and take it all the way to the payment page it still shows the annual charge for a new membership. Not sure how long it will take for the two sites/accounts to communicate with each other. But I'll just go ahead and book the ticket by tmrw if it's still not working as the ticket price will likely go up after tmrw.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 2:42 pm

I would reach out to [email protected] (or [email protected] in Spanish) to clarify the status of your purchase. I don't see a form to purchase v.club on Volaris.com, just directions on how to add it during the booking process or a mention that you can buy it onboard and then send them a photo of your reciept to activate your membership. Crazy qustion but is there any chance you signed up for v.pass instead of v.club? I travel often with Volaris but just wait to buy tickets when they have their best sales (which are really cheap) so I never really saw the point of v.club. The ability to travel domestically during low season with up to 4 kids for free (just pay the airport tax) with the v.club family package does look interesting though. Curious what your use case is for v.club incase there is something I am missing.
projectmaximus likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Thanks! This is the link where I signed up. I will refer to this as the vclub site from here on. https://vclub.volaris.com/y4/subscriptions/vclub

There's obviously something wrong and it's almost as if I was scammed by some fake website skimming people's info and creating fake accounts, pretending to be the official volaris site, but I know that isn't true because I actually created my volaris account by registering on that vclub site. I did not have a volaris passenger account prior to this. And after registering for vclub friends + family, I was able to sign into the volaris booking page with my account. Oddly, as I've explained, it has no record of me being a vclub member. When I log in on the vclub site it shows my membership (friends+family) and I also have the email that welcomed me to the vclub.

So I guess this is just a glitch due to faulty IT. Not unlike many of the reports of Frontier elites having issues with Discount Den.

My use case? I have a few upcoming flights to and within Mexico with my family of four. By my rough guess, the vclub would save us about $92 total, for the flights I'm about to book. Possibly a little bit more if we end up adding another flight. The cost to join vclub when booking? More than that. However, the link to the vclub site I provided above offers vclub at a slightly lower price, AND it offers a monthly subscription option which you can cancel at any time. The monthly cost is $9. That's what I signed up for. I figured if I can pay $9/month, save $92, then cancel either after I buy the tickets or, to be safe, after 3 months when our travel is completed, I'll come out nicely ahead. It was a stupid impromptu decision. I just felt like giving it a shot more for the adventure. Instead I'm getting punished lol. I'm gonna go ahead and buy the tickets without the vclub and just ask for a refund...knowing my $9 may be down the tubes anyway.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 5:55 pm

Thank you for the additional detail. I had never seen that particular page before. Did your credit card end up getting charged for v.club?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.