Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Update on catering on AeroMexico during Covid-19 and onward

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Update on catering on AeroMexico during Covid-19 and onward

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2021, 8:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Brandinho1
I flew MEX- JFK and it was just a snack basket so if you get a box call it a bonus.
is it a red eye flight? There is no meal service for red eye flights on AM, even in Premier cabins.

Last edited by Mama; Feb 2, 2021 at 10:06 am
Old Feb 2, 2021, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Mama
is it a red eye flight? There is no meal service for red eye flights on AM, even in Premier cabins.
Now this was an early morning departure in J. I know that use to be a hot meal now it’s relegated to a snack basket
Old Feb 9, 2021, 11:49 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Brandinho1
Here is my Aeromexico experience from January 2020 on EZE-MEX

key takeaways
​​​​​​- catering out of EZE is superior to MEX ( food is much better )
- service was very friendly
​​​​​​- 789 bar is open ( no cups out of cappuccino’s however )
- pre departure beverages offered in actual glassware

Edit: This was from January 2021
Thanks for sharing, this actually looks really nice. We are only 4 on CDG-MEX this weekend so I wonder If they will bother with the bar....good to see that French sparkling gold treasure offered. Have you had a chance to visit the lounge in MEX? Is it open? What is it like inside?
Old Feb 12, 2021, 12:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by 747jetter
Thanks for sharing, this actually looks really nice. We are only 4 on CDG-MEX this weekend so I wonder If they will bother with the bar....good to see that French sparkling gold treasure offered. Have you had a chance to visit the lounge in MEX? Is it open? What is it like inside?
you can search YouTube to see for yourself.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Mama
you can search YouTube to see for yourself.
It appears that the poster was asking Brandinho1 for his personal opinion.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 9:23 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Yes the Aeromexico Salon Premier is open but most food items you now have to pay for unfortunately.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 9:25 am

MEX-JFK

Wanted to share my experience from my January 2021 flight in J on the 737-800

key takeaways

​​​​​​- only a snack basket is offered ( so no full meal )
- wifi is offered but no free messaging on WhatsApp, I message, etc
-PDB of orange juice or water offered. I didn’t ask about champagne

Old Feb 14, 2021, 12:56 pm

13/2/2021 CDG-MEX, light load of 9 pax in J, alcohol and champagne available, bar set up so so, three choices for dinner and three choices for breakfast which I forgot to take a pic of. But I had hot quiche, the other option was smoked salmon plate. Perfect catering!

Mama, fifty_two and Brandinho1 like this.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 5:07 am
Suspended

I will also add my pre-Covid pictures, so you can compare. The catering seem quite similar, no cut-downs during Covid.

Chicken main course

Appetizers, cheese, crackers

Desserts

Mushroom, egg omelette

Beef slices + rice
IQO likes this.

Last edited by Mama; Feb 20, 2021 at 1:14 pm
Old Feb 22, 2021, 9:33 am

Just did MEX-MTY and back. Both salon premieres in mex and mty were open. They do complimentary drinks including alcohol and you can pay for more premium brands. They do little snacks and stuff for free but you can purchase bigger meals if you want.

there was a PDB of water or juice. During the flight they have beer and soft drinks but for some reason no wine.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 1:09 am
Suspended

Ord-mex premier

Just bought a premier ticket. The site said meal service but I have a feeling that once again Aeromexico is false advertising. Am I correct?
Old Mar 4, 2021, 2:42 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
13/2/2021 CDG-MEX, light load of 9 pax in J, alcohol and champagne available, bar set up so so, three choices for dinner and three choices for breakfast which I forgot to take a pic of. But I had hot quiche, the other option was smoked salmon plate. Perfect catering!
at least the service was there . Have you thought about flight reports ?
Old Mar 4, 2021, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by fifty_two
at least the service was there . Have you thought about flight reports ?
PDF REPORT IS HERE
Old Mar 5, 2021, 2:16 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Iam impressed , i would never book an AM flight for any further than 3 weeks ahead of departure because it is gambling

also you were lucky to be flexible and find a new booking from PRG directly from AM at a normal price

iam happy for you

it is one time thing...this is enough
oh yes sorry we spoke about it already

Last edited by fifty_two; Mar 5, 2021 at 2:59 am
Old Mar 5, 2021, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by fifty_two
Iam impressed , i would never book an AM flight for any further than 3 weeks ahead of departure , also you were lucky to be flexible and find a new booking from PRG directly from AM at a normal price , cant be more happier for you
I believed in AM...their MAD route would operate until they would go bust and I believed the gov will give them funds (and I think they already did). I am happy we were able to fly on a short notice and Brazil was so relaxed against what we have in Czechia now...Once I recover fro C19 I will definitely try to find ways back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.