Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Update on catering on AeroMexico during Covid-19 and onward

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2020, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat, SQ*G, OW Emerald, Hertz PC

Hi all,

sorry to start this topic, but I (and maybe/probably others) am interested to find out the current F&B offerings onboard AeroMexico flights.
They do operate a certain amount of longhauls too, e.g. MEX-AMS / CDG / MAD, and soon also BCN again.

Do they do their regular service? Alcohol still available?

Thanks for the answer
Pirrito and sassybritches like this.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 11:32 am
Suspended

I'd be interested in this as well. I have a MEX-ORD flight in first in Sept. I know things can change at a drop of a hat but it would be nice to have somewhat of an idea.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 3:55 am

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
MEX-ORD: expect nothing, not even coffee (in the forward cabin).

MEX-AMS: beef dinner in F was a cheeseburger, not sure what you got if you selected the pasta option. Breakfast equally slim. The bar is open on the 789s, the usual stuff but no champagne, the coffee machine was what interested me and keeps getting jammed with the packets. No sammiches either just peanuts in plastic wrap.

Given current loads, service was actually great (attentive). I suspect there was alcohol in coach, meals were also served there.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
My September trip (doubt it actually will take place) allowed me to order a SPML MEX/EZE, but not on MEX/SFO. The SFO/MEX/SFO segments are now "refreshments" flights.
kthomas likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
My September trip (doubt it actually will take place) allowed me to order a SPML MEX/EZE, but not on MEX/SFO. The SFO/MEX/SFO segments are now "refreshments" flights.
Im on a LAX-MEX-EZE in September. Fingers crossed
Old Aug 19, 2020, 1:29 am
Suspended

Any updates on service front and back of plane?
Old Aug 19, 2020, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Brandinho1
Im on a LAX-MEX-EZE in September. Fingers crossed
Your crossed fingers are the sign of "canceled." Check your reservation, if you haven't' recently.
kthomas likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 11:41 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
https://www.flightglobal.com/network...139841.article

This may not be the time to try to visit BA, probably better to wait until the situation in BA is back to normal.

RC
Old Aug 22, 2020, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Your crossed fingers are the sign of "canceled." Check your reservation, if you haven't' recently.
The whole month cancelled so it’s a no go. Going to try on one of AA’s special flights out of Miami if I can get Argentine residency in time.

On a side note looks like AM is starting to run the inferior ( IMO ) 788 on MEX-EZE in December
kthomas likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 12:43 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
The whole month cancelled so it’s a no go. Going to try on one of AA’s special flights out of Miami if I can get Argentine residency in time.

On a side note looks like AM is starting to run the inferior ( IMO ) 788 on MEX-EZE in December
Anyone flown in J to ICN or NRT? I’m wondering how their catering stacks up against DL, for example. AM advertises celebrity chefs on their Asia routes, but I also know that AM food isn’t exactly amazing.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 6:05 pm

On all routings? Mind you, the coffee machine at the bar is often broken on the 789s, but ... there is a bar.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by kthomas
On all routings? Mind you, the coffee machine at the bar is often broken on the 789s, but ... there is a bar.
I think AM 30 was always 1000 departure 2100 arrival to EZE now it looks like AM 28 is a redeye and on the 788. I’m not a coffee drinker I just prefer the reverse herringbone seating on the 789
kthomas likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 5:01 am

I think AM 30 was always 1000 departure 2100 arrival to EZE now it looks like AM 28 is a redeye and on the 788. I’m not a coffee drinker I just prefer the reverse herringbone seating on the 789
There were 2 flights/day, with both a 788 and a 789 available. Sounds like they've gone down to one, and alas, the 788? Or perhaps they're switching them out?
Old Aug 28, 2020, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by kthomas
There were 2 flights/day, with both a 788 and a 789 available. Sounds like they've gone down to one, and alas, the 788? Or perhaps they're switching them out?
Sorry I was only looking at Skymiles availability and surprise surprise only AM 28 on the 788 was redeemable lol. But in December it does show AM 28 and 30 running obviously subject to clearance to fly
kthomas likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 2:31 pm

Programs: No airline/hotel status use, Chase UR, Amex MR, CapOne etc
Anyone have any updates on the ground from last few weeks? Going MEX GRU on Tuesday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.