Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Aeromexico - How do I get them to refund ticket for cancelled flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeromexico - How do I get them to refund ticket for cancelled flight

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2021, 11:21 am

What is a CCJ?
Old Mar 14, 2021, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
What is a CCJ?
In the UK, this is a County Court Judgement. Essentially a court order after they formally declare you have to pay up: https://www.gov.uk/county-court-judgments-ccj-for-debt

If they are ignored, they can be enforced with bailiffs, freezing up bank accounts, or even starting liquidation procedures against the company who refuses to pay up (AM in this case).
Old Mar 23, 2021, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by HanDaniel
Hey! Sorry for the late reply. Yes, it is in the UK. Will keep you guys updated for sure!
Hey there: have you got any updates on this? Cheers
Old Mar 30, 2021, 9:18 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
Here we go again.

Just got notice from AM that there's been a change to my June flight scheduled as MIA-MEX-BCN-MEX-MIA. Apparently it's now MIA-MEX-MIA. Not a surprise at all -- I've been waiting for this.

Now I have to brace myself for all the calls and back and forth with AM to come up with a useful alternative flight. I want to do this long-haul with AM to keep my DM with Delta. But, this pandemic has made it difficult to get back in the saddle again....
Old Mar 30, 2021, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by DCAhome
Here we go again.

Just got notice from AM that there's been a change to my June flight scheduled as MIA-MEX-BCN-MEX-MIA. Apparently it's now MIA-MEX-MIA. Not a surprise at all -- I've been waiting for this.

Now I have to brace myself for all the calls and back and forth with AM to come up with a useful alternative flight. I want to do this long-haul with AM to keep my DM with Delta. But, this pandemic has made it difficult to get back in the saddle again....
Ha! My schedule change now has me arriving MEX at 8pm and departing to EZE at @10 am the same morning. I can't wait to deal with this one. Actually I will wait, as the EZE will likely cancel.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 3:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Ha! My schedule change now has me arriving MEX at 8pm and departing to EZE at @10 am the same morning. I can't wait to deal with this one. Actually I will wait, as the EZE will likely cancel.
I imagine AM can put you on the flight arriving MEX the previous day, so you can catch the 10AM flight to EZE in the following morning. And you will have to stay overnight at MEX airport on your own. If your ticket is one of those bargain business class tickets, it's still a very good deal. Airport hotels at/near MEX are cheap.

Last edited by Mama; Apr 1, 2021 at 4:12 am
Old Apr 7, 2021, 3:29 pm

We filed a court case against Aeromexico, the court gave the airline I think plenty of time to respond. They have not replied to the court in the time bracket. So now, the airline is legally obliged to refund us, however, we have no idea whether the airline will ever respond to anything. Next week is the deadline, I am really interested to see what will happen

Hi guys, it's been months later, we haven't heard from anyone yet. So disheartening....
Old Apr 7, 2021, 10:39 pm

Hi guys, it's been months later, we haven't heard from anyone yet. So disheartening....
Hold on a second. Did you start a claim via MCOL? If so, and the time has passed after AM was served, you must request judgement by default yourself. Read this guide in excruciating detail https://assets.publishing.service.go...rguide-eng.pdf

After you request judgement, the court must comply and give you judgement in 3-5 days, no excuses there.

Do you already have judgement? If not, do as the guide indicates. If you do, can you PM it to me? I can then tell you the next steps.

Remember that in the English system you are the one responsible your enforcing your awards, not the courts.
angra likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 7:17 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by DCAhome
Here we go again.

Update on this one. I decided that I would reschedule a JFK-MEX-LHR r/t for 2022 which will help re-qualify for Delta DM. Called AM and had them give me a voucher (EMD). I was able to immediately go online and use the voucher code to purchase the ticket I wanted. It was $2.50 cheaper, so I now have a new voucher for that $2.50 unused balance. It was about as painless as AM gets, I guess. Now I'm hoping the UK will be open in 2022.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 2:13 pm

Update and advice?

Hi HanDaniel - What happened in the end? I'm about to potentially start this process (they cancelled my flight (twice) and will not give me a refund) so I'd love to know if you were successful (and any tips you might have for the way).

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.