Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Aerolineas Argentinas New Status Match (Airline and Hotel FFPs)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2018, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Gold

Aerolíneas Argentinas has announced a new "Status Match Challenge" for elite members of airline and hotel FFPs. T&C are explained here in Spanish.

People allowed to match to Aerolíneas Plus Oro or Platino membership (Skyteam Elite and Elite Plus) are basically anyone except for Skyteam Elites and Elite Plus -- "airlines and hotel chains participating in the Challenge are: Latampass, Gol Smiles, Avianca LifeMiles, Iberia Plus, United Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, BA Executive Club and Hilton Honors. This list is open, and any other airline or hotel chain submitted by the applicant is subject to approval by Aerolíneas Plus. Skyteam alliance airlines are not eligible to participate in the Challenge"

Applicants must send a picture of their card or mileage statement showing their Elite status (which must not expire within 3 months of the submittal), their AR Plus member number and their full names and e-mail address to [email protected]. An e-mail confirmation will be sent by AR provided the status match request has been granted. The AR Plus Oro or Platino status will be valid for one year, and then it's up to each one to re-qualify following AR's rules.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan, BA Executive, DL Skymiles, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, National Executive Elite
Just submitted with Hilton Diamond. Fingers crossed!
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Marambio
Aerolíneas Argentinas has announced a new "Status Match Challenge" for elite members of airline and hotel FFPs. T&C are explained here in Spanish.
Does Skyteam Elite Plus via AR permit domestic USA lounge access on domestic USA DL segments?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 3:15 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan, BA Executive, DL Skymiles, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Does Skyteam Elite Plus via AR permit domestic USA lounge access on domestic USA DL segments?
Only on international segments. You should get priority check-in/baggage/boarding and a free bag

https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...am-status-too/
Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:09 am

Programs: LH SEN,Flying Blue Platinum, BA GGL, Accor Diamond, HHONORS Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
soft landing

does Aerolineas Plus offer soft landing to Skyteam Elite after first year of Elite Plus?
Old Dec 18, 2018, 3:19 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Very nice. Submitted my HH Diamond status, will keep you updated.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 5:07 am

I'm getting a bounce back on the email address, saying it's full. Has anyone found another email?
Old Dec 18, 2018, 9:57 am

How does one sign up for the Aerolineas program? I'm not seeing a "Sign up" or "Log in" button anywhere on the website.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by churwitz
How does one sign up for the Aerolineas program? I'm not seeing a "Sign up" or "Log in" button anywhere on the website.
Here's the page where you can asociarse with the program.

Anyone else have trouble with submitting a screenshot from a hotel chain? Neither my Hilton nor Marriott account lists an expiration date for my status. Also, assuming I do make it through, I'm assuming I reap elite benefits by adding my AR FF# to any SkyTeam flights, si?
Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by dukewake
I'm getting a bounce back on the email address, saying it's full. Has anyone found another email?
[email protected]

Last edited by Bobberjet; Dec 18, 2018 at 12:05 pm Reason: .
Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by siaa380

Only on international segments. You should get priority check-in/baggage/boarding and a free bag

https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...am-status-too/
Only on same day international SkyTeam ITINERARIES (not international segments). For example, if you fly AR to the USA and then have two connecting flights the same day, you could use the AR lounge at EZE and in the USA, every SC along the way that day.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by Bobberjet
assuming I do make it through, I'm assuming I reap elite benefits by adding my AR FF# to any SkyTeam flights, si?
Correcto. By adding your AR Plus number you should get the SkyPriority benefits + lounge access where applicable. Note that AR’s 8-digit member number sometimes causes trouble when adding it to a reservation in another SkyTeam airline (e.g. Alitalia). If that’s the case, you might need to call the airline and ask the agent to add it, or wait till checking-in at the airport.

I am an Elite Plus with AF/KL and the wife is already Aerolíneas Plus Oro so I didn’t try this challenge, but as per SirChandler.com.ar, arguably Argentina’s largest travel blog, applications will be accepted until Friday night Buenos Aires time. Apparently so far ca. 200 people have been status matched and AR still has to go through over 1,500 applications. Some people are saying they didn’t get the confirmation e-mail but when they access their AR Plus account, it shows their status as either Oro or Platino.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 9:06 am

Any idea if Hyatt Globalist or Marriott Platinum Premier will work?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum, IHG Diamond, Marriott Rewards Gold
Just sent mine in with IHG Spire Ambassador and Finnair Plus Platinum. Let's see what they say...
Old Dec 20, 2018, 12:36 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Just applied for the match with my Asiana Diamond (*G). Wishing for the best, as I have some Delta flights coming up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.