FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aerolineas Argentinas New Status Match (Airline and Hotel FFPs)
Old Dec 18, 2018, 2:43 pm
Marambio

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by Bobberjet
assuming I do make it through, I'm assuming I reap elite benefits by adding my AR FF# to any SkyTeam flights, si?
Correcto. By adding your AR Plus number you should get the SkyPriority benefits + lounge access where applicable. Note that AR’s 8-digit member number sometimes causes trouble when adding it to a reservation in another SkyTeam airline (e.g. Alitalia). If that’s the case, you might need to call the airline and ask the agent to add it, or wait till checking-in at the airport.

I am an Elite Plus with AF/KL and the wife is already Aerolíneas Plus Oro so I didn’t try this challenge, but as per SirChandler.com.ar, arguably Argentina’s largest travel blog, applications will be accepted until Friday night Buenos Aires time. Apparently so far ca. 200 people have been status matched and AR still has to go through over 1,500 applications. Some people are saying they didn’t get the confirmation e-mail but when they access their AR Plus account, it shows their status as either Oro or Platino.