Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeromexico Upgrade thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2017, 3:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by gelizon
Flying on Monday MEX-EZE and coming back Friday. Minimum upgrade bid is 980 USD which I think is excessive since I was able to upgrade three years ago from MEX-GRU for about 500 USD. Does anyone know if AM offers complimentary upgrades on long-haul routes to Delta DMs?
Originally Posted by kthomas
$980?!? Crud, I was hoping a bit less. Please ask about the upgrades for STE+ and report back, though I doubt it....
I would be very interested to know this as well, regarding the possible DL E+ comp upgrade. I think I'm going to try AM for NRT-MEX-LIM in the next couple of months. AM offers a much more competitive fare on this route than DL.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 2:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, DL DM
Originally Posted by kthomas
$980?!? Crud, I was hoping a bit less. Please ask about the upgrades for STE+ and report back, though I doubt it....
As a delta diamond I am looking at this exact route...
Were you able to upgrade?

Unrelated but can you use upgrade on award tickets?
Old Dec 12, 2017, 5:19 am

any luck getting upgrades on other Sky Team airlines?

Hi, I have Titanium level in Aeromexico, I was wondering you have had luck getting upgrades on other skyteam airlines, specifically KLM? Any tips on how to improve my chances?
Old Jan 17, 2018, 5:49 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Flying IAD-MEX-IAD. Received an offer to bid for an upgrade or just buy the upgrade for $220. Business Class cabin looks very empty, so I’ll wait to see if I get the free upgrade as a DL PM.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
And now got a last minute offer for $130.
Edited to add that then got another offer for 2598 MXN (close to $160).AM is trying very hard to sell upgrades on this flight.

Last edited by SDQBound; Jan 17, 2018 at 1:49 pm
Old Jan 17, 2018, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
Originally Posted by SDQBound
And now got a last minute offer for $130.
Edited to add that then got another offer for 2598 MXN (close to $160).AM is trying very hard to sell upgrades on this flight.
is it just a minimum bid amount or buy now price?
Old Jan 17, 2018, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by maverikbc
is it just a minimum bid amount or buy now price?
Buy now prices. Minimum bid is $150.

Right now only one seat is occupied in Premier and 4 (including the two of us) in AM Plus.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 6:43 pm

Update: Aeromexico kept spamming with the upgrade offer ($150) until a few hours before departure. Ended getting the complimentary upgrade although they were short of meals.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

$130 for the buy now, and $150 for the minimum bid? Who in the right mind would bid?
I updated my op by adding a link to details of dl medallions st benefits detail for a handful of airlines including am. Congrats on getting an upgrade although food was y food, which doesnt seem uncommon with free upgrades. What medallion level are you at? Did you get cleared at the gate after you asked, or they proactively upgraded?
Old Jan 20, 2018, 11:09 pm

$130 for the buy now, and $150 for the minimum bid? Who in the right mind would bid?
I updated my op by adding a link to details of dl medallions st benefits detail for a handful of airlines including am. Congrats on getting an upgrade although food was y food, which doesnt seem uncommon with free upgrades. What medallion level are you at? Did you get cleared at the gate after you asked, or they proactively upgraded?
I got many targeted emails (I know I was targeted because they came from the sales department and I was in BCC) with different prices, from $130 to $170. Also was offered an upgrade for $150 during OLCI.
I’m DL Platinum and my spouse is Gold. At the check in counter, I asked to be put on the list, then at the gate they paged is to let us know that they had two seats but separated. We took them and then we were paged again to let us know about the food issue.

For tomorrow’s flight also got the upgrade offers by email and on OLCI, did not take them hoping that We can get the upgrade. If not, 4 hours on AM plus aren’t bad at all.

Old Jan 21, 2018, 2:30 am
Original Poster

I think you made a right choice not buying it, if you receive such desperate sales emails on up grade for such low prices, there's a good chance they have tons of j seats available. The only offer received last minute was higher bid prices than buy now prices a few weeks prior. I hear their j catering is sub par, and I find their y free booze and hot food better than north American carriers, you didn't miss much.

dl s web site that I posted in my op says upgrade is cleared at the gate. As you're a st elite plus, you'll have access to at least am lounges at mex t2:a good drink selection, but poor food.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 8:42 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
- 1/26 AM 737-700 DTW-MEX: Bid USD$200 on my reservation. Not accepted. Business Class was full when I checked at the gate at DTW. Ended up flying in AM+
- 1/28 AM 737-800 MEX-JFK: Bid USD$225 on my reservation. Not accepted. Asked at check in at MEX and was told it was available for MX2958 (~$160) which I gladly accepted.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Platinum
Question Delta codeshare to AeroMexico

I just bought IAD-MEX-IAD tickets through Delta codesharing to Aeromexico. If I call and get my aeromexico confirmation number will I be able to bid on an upgrade?
Old Jan 30, 2018, 11:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rshelton
I just bought IAD-MEX-IAD tickets through Delta codesharing to Aeromexico. If I call and get my aeromexico confirmation number will I be able to bid on an upgrade?
Is it dl or am who issued your ticket? If it's on am metals, you shouldve received am conf #, and should be able to place bids by logging in with your conf # and your last name on aeromexico.com.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Platinum
Is it dl or am who issued your ticket? If it's on am metals, you shouldve received am conf #, and should be able to place bids by logging in with your conf # and your last name on aeromexico.com.
It is a dl issued ticket

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.