Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Buying tickets on Trip Airlines voetrip.com without CPF

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2011, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA

I need to fly to a few smaller airports that aren't served by TAM or GOL such as AFL (Alta Floresta) and ITB (Itaituba). Trip Airlines is the only one flying there but I can't buy the cheapest "Achei" fares without the dreaded CPF. I did see on another thread that some people use fake CPFs but I am worried about getting there and not being allowed to board.

Decolar.com is the only Expedia type booking engine that also has these Achei fares but only on the Brazil version of their site. If you go to Argentina, Estados Unidos or any other version, the fare is quoted in USD at about double the Brazilian Achei fare.

Any way around this? Is it safe to use the fake CPF? I don't need this ticket until Sept 2012 so plenty of time to work it out.

Last edited by Tiki; Nov 11, 2011 at 7:18 pm Reason: corrected year
Old Nov 9, 2011, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
Originally Posted by Tiki
I don't need this ticket until Sept 2010 so plenty of time to work it out.
Perhaps your Time Machine would be best?

Seriously though, you can find Trip operated flights on the TAM web site. I took a quick look at SAO-ITB in Sep 2012 on their Brazil site and their US site and the price was about the same after converting at today's rate. Would think the US site would not need a CPF. Don't know how the price compares to what you have been seeing.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 3:26 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
If you can book with a non-Brazilian credit card, you should be good to go, fake CPF or not. They don't check anything about your CPF at the airport.

Last edited by neuromancer; Nov 10, 2011 at 9:34 am
Old Nov 10, 2011, 3:43 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
TAM's prices for TRIP flights are usually higher than TRIP itself, but if the difference is worth the peace of mind, book there
Old Nov 11, 2011, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
TAM doesn't codeshare with all the flights, and when they do they are about double the price. It just seems silly, if GOL can set up a website that caters for non-Brazilians but still offers the same prices, why can't TRIP do the same? Is credit card fraud the reason for all this CPF stuff?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.