Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help - Saudia downgraded flight TUN-JED

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2023, 1:59 pm

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
The site in that sense is very unclear. In the lower screenshot "The elite bonus percentage is capped at 100%'" refers to the 'Elite bonus percentage'. Not to the 'Elite bonus' 2 sentences below this, defined as [Distance x booking class earning %] x Elite bonus percentage [which if capped at 100%, still implies a double elite bonus]. If they wanted to cap the Elite bonus - it should say 'The Elite bonus is capped at 100%' Or 'The booking class earning is capped at 100%' [that seems in fact the rule they want to use, if you look at your first screenshot with white font on black background]. If they then add the Delta example that essentially shows - as plat you simply double your miles earned with partners even if you have 175% booking class bonus.....At least I think it is logical I ask for an explanation. And if it is like you say, they should improve their website on the double.

Last edited by atflyer; Jul 17, 2023 at 2:20 pm
Old Jul 17, 2023, 2:41 pm

Addition - I did a quick recalc of miles earned for my November flight and the J class segments were indeed 2.5 times miles flown. Seems hence indeed you got it right Fozzynue! But the website puts you totally on the wrong footing.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 9:23 pm

Claiming for flyingblue miles

Hey all,
I'm wondering how to claim the FB miles afterwards. Due to the downgrade from SAUDIA, we were able to change our flights with TK (after many many frustrating contact with Saudia).
1) Do you wait until both roundtrip flights are taken, or start the claim after completing 1-way journey?
2) Do you provide the actual flights (in my case, the TK flights) or the original SV routing?
3) Do you submit the PDF of the original SV ticketing (Jeddah route) Or the updated TK flights?

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 17, 2023, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by mamak04
Hey all,
I'm wondering how to claim the FB miles afterwards. Due to the downgrade from SAUDIA, we were able to change our flights with TK (after many many frustrating contact with Saudia).
1) Do you wait until both roundtrip flights are taken, or start the claim after completing 1-way journey?
2) Do you provide the actual flights (in my case, the TK flights) or the original SV routing?
3) Do you submit the PDF of the original SV ticketing (Jeddah route) Or the updated TK flights?

Thanks in advance
Normally you wait till the roundtrip is taken. In my experience SV miles never post automatically, so you have to claim via the FB missing miles function. There I uploaded a] a short written explanation I wanted to have Original Route Crediting for the original ticket, with an estimate of XP and miles; explaining this was an unvolontary downgrade resulting in unvoluntary re-routing [I could not find a comment section where I could explain]; b] the original ticket; c] the new ticket, that ideally should say involuntary rerouting or so; d] the boarding passes of all flights.

This shows the original route and proves that you did the full new route. I had my miles posted in 2 weeks after submission.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 11:53 pm

PS interesting to see you had many frustrating contacts with Saudia before you were moved to Turkish...welcome to the club. And good you managed in the end, like me and others.
Old Jul 18, 2023, 12:00 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Hey all,

Thanks in advance
you wait until your last flight segment is flown - then you call the flying blue hotline. they can assist directly on the phone - and can see the ticket history.
Old Jul 18, 2023, 2:02 am

Thanks for all your help.
I tried Saudia watsapp, text, Facebook, emails, Saudia's number, France's number, Tunis number, German number.. phew... It's like going down the rabbit hole... ​It is mainly due to the 1st SV representative filling a wrong claim and took us around 6wks to finally resolve it.
atflyer and fifty_two like this.
Old Jul 18, 2023, 4:16 am

Thanks for all your help.
I tried Saudia watsapp, text, Facebook, emails, Saudia's number, France's number, Tunis number, German number.. phew... It's like going down the rabbit hole... ​It is mainly due to the 1st SV representative filling a wrong claim and took us around 6wks to finally resolve it.
As said, welcome to the club. I think I too had only a solution after 5-6 weeks. It literally was calling around until you found someone that really wanted to help. I had tried the France office twice to no avail and then end the end all of a sudden had a French office agent that did her job.

Yes, Fozzynue is right, you can also call the FB helpline to get Original Route Credit [ORC]. But my experience is even the plat line can keep you waiting for 15 minutes if you have bad luck. Chat usually is the quickest for simple missing miles problems, but ORC is apparently too complex to be solved by the chat agents.
Old Jul 18, 2023, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by atflyer
Addition - I did a quick recalc of miles earned for my November flight and the J class segments were indeed 2.5 times miles flown. Seems hence indeed you got it right Fozzynue! But the website puts you totally on the wrong footing.
Want to post kudo's to FB since they earn it - after FozzyNEU's post and my own analysis I mailed them back with an apology that the posted miles probably were correct but the website confusing, with some suggestions how to improve this - and the agent mailed back the apologies should be theirs due to the confusing website text and posted a bunch of additional miles as thanks for flagging the issue. Let's hope they get it through to the department running the website and get things adjusted soon. But simply a nice gesture of FB and a good example of customer service. You see it otherwise in this competitive airline world.
Old Aug 3, 2023, 3:57 pm

Programs: BMI Blue +, Hilton Gold, SOFITEL PRIV
My flight in September Tunis - Jeddah has just been changed, all Saudia tell me is the seats are good business class standard. Does anyone have any pictures of the seats as at the moment they are refusing to involuntary re route me
Old Aug 4, 2023, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by flysas
My flight in September Tunis - Jeddah has just been changed, all Saudia tell me is the seats are good business class standard. Does anyone have any pictures of the seats as at the moment they are refusing to involuntary re route me
Well, if they (I assume rightfully) claim you fly J and not downgrade you to Y (as was happening to the original posters of this thread), there is not any reason to reroute you. I flew JED-TUN in a former AirAsia A330. It had angle-lie flat seats and no entertainment, but it clearly was much better as Y and I had no reason to complain. On the outbound flight there was no J and I was re-routed with TK, and the TUN-IST flight was with a A321 J 4 abreast seats that equalled premium economy on many other carriers. But since it was J, and gained miles as J, I accepted (of course the fact TK is not a dry airline helped ;-)).

So maybe explain what change message you got? We dealing with the March ordeal were flatly told - sorry, you had business, but we changed equipment, you are in economy class now, fare bucket T. If in your case they told you - sorry, we have changed the plane to a wet-lease but that still has business class for you - hardly any reason to seek re-routing. Particularly if you scored one of these 1000 Euro business class TUN-Asia fares, which is the best bargain around in the industry at the moment.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 3:19 am

Another piece of nuisance with SV for which opening another thread seems a bit too much - I had a nice BKK-JED flight of 23.30-4:40 before moving on to TUN on 6:25, avoiding the usual long stop. They moved me to the BKK-JED flight of 15:20 arriving 20:15 -> all of a sudden a 10 hour wait....

I think they did this since originally time between flights is 1:45. More than enough with any carrier, but read somewhere SV wants to have a minimum connection time of 3 hours. I assume that this is needed for the situation that IF you arrive late in JED, miss the connection, to TUN that is a 24 hour wait for the next, and that is only possible with a visa?

There is probably not a lot I can do about this......I am still in my original booking class.

Edit: they apparently simply skipped the 23.30 flight - not bookable anymore at SV.

Last edited by atflyer; Aug 5, 2023 at 4:50 am
Old Aug 5, 2023, 9:36 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by atflyer
Another piece of nuisance with SV for which opening another thread seems a bit too much - I had a nice BKK-JED flight of 23.30-4:40 before moving on to TUN on 6:25, avoiding the usual long stop. They moved me to the BKK-JED flight of 15:20 arriving 20:15 -> all of a sudden a 10 hour wait....

I think they did this since originally time between flights is 1:45. More than enough with any carrier, but read somewhere SV wants to have a minimum connection time of 3 hours. I assume that this is needed for the situation that IF you arrive late in JED, miss the connection, to TUN that is a 24 hour wait for the next, and that is only possible with a visa?

There is probably not a lot I can do about this......I am still in my original booking class.

Edit: they apparently simply skipped the 23.30 flight - not bookable anymore at SV.
I am in the same situation as you!!!! My flight has now changed and it completely messes with my travel plans in Thailand. I contacted them via Twitter to check whether they provide hotel accommodation: this is their answer: Dear guest, your flight date has been compulsorily modified from the airport. If you do not like the amendment, please contact the Guest Care Center for your service at 920022222, as we do not provide hotel rooms.

I am now trying to think about rerouting via ST partners but AF and KL depart around 13:30 which is not ideal…

Any clue what we can do?
Old Aug 6, 2023, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by BA6948
I am in the same situation as you!!!! My flight has now changed and it completely messes with my travel plans in Thailand. I contacted them via Twitter to check whether they provide hotel accommodation: this is their answer: Dear guest, your flight date has been compulsorily modified from the airport. If you do not like the amendment, please contact the Guest Care Center for your service at 920022222, as we do not provide hotel rooms.

I am now trying to think about rerouting via ST partners but AF and KL depart around 13:30 which is not ideal…

Any clue what we can do?
My gut feeling is you can do very little if you want to do the travel. Major schedule changes usually allow you a) to cancel the flight without penalty/with full refund (used that a few times to my advantage when my travel plans changed), or b) to rebook for free on another flight of the carrier. Since SV now only has 1 flight a day from BKK to JED of course the options we have are nothing, only flying back a day later (no option for me). I probably will sit it out (and either fork out 110$ for the airport hotel or look for some sleeping chair in the lounge - and with luck the SV free visa & hotel on stopover scheme can be used for this 10-11 hour stop). I cannot see this kind of schedule change (8 hours, announced months in advance) as a strong reason to rebook you on another airline (the downgrade to Y that started this thread is). And the re-route even implies you leave Thailand 13.30, now 15.30, the only advantage of other carriers are you do not have this long stop in JED. Not sure how your itinerary is, but SV also flies a few flights a day from KUL to JED and maybe they allow a rerouting from there if that fits your schedule better.

Sure, it is all not ideal but since I managed to score a J ticket at an absolute bargain price I am a kind of accepting such limited nuisances.
Old Aug 6, 2023, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA6948

Any clue what we can do?
I‘m in the same situation, too. I contacted Saudia and was told, that the new internal policy allows rerouting to another airline, only if the schedule change is within 72 hours till departure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.