Help - Saudia downgraded flight TUN-JED

Old Mar 28, 2023, 4:55 am
  #76  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 185
Did anyone take the A300 yet? Looking to book my flight to ICN from TUN .
thelister is offline  
Old Mar 28, 2023, 5:30 am
  #77  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Posts: 2,368
As discussed earlier in this thread we have sincere doubt if the A300-600 is really used and not a mistake. Since SV will fly TUN-JED in a week or so with this 'plane', very nice if someone can report back what really is used. Suggestions till now are wet-leased A330s of WAMOS, but I also see wet-leases to SV from Smartlynx

Edit - 6 April 11.40 the first 'A300 flight' TUN-JED is scheduled but it offers business class.
suvarnabhumi787 likes this.

Last edited by atflyer; Mar 28, 2023 at 5:46 am
atflyer is offline  
Old Mar 30, 2023, 5:32 am
  #78  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Paris/Milan
Programs: Flying Blue Platinium; All Gold, A3 Gold, Safar Flyer Gold (OW Sapphire)
Posts: 305
Originally Posted by atflyer
As discussed earlier in this thread we have sincere doubt if the A300-600 is really used and not a mistake. Since SV will fly TUN-JED in a week or so with this 'plane', very nice if someone can report back what really is used. Suggestions till now are wet-leased A330s of WAMOS, but I also see wet-leases to SV from Smartlynx

Edit - 6 April 11.40 the first 'A300 flight' TUN-JED is scheduled but it offers business class.
It's even bookable on Sv website. Still showing A300 for the operating plane
AurelAF96 is offline  
Old Mar 30, 2023, 8:21 am
  #79  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Posts: 37
very curious to see some interior photos ...
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/sv366
https://www.airfleets.net/ficheapp/plane-a330-472.htm
atflyer likes this.
Jaegersss is offline  
Old Mar 30, 2023, 9:47 am
  #80  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Posts: 2,368
You likely found it Jaegerss. This is the weird plane with 12 J, then a few 9 abreast followed by 8 abreast rows. Interestingly Flightradar does not give a plane code (yet) and suggests the flight goes every day. It is not bookable every day. Since they swapped their A330-300 for a leased A330-200 they must have very severe capacity problems, particularly on flights they had almost sold out.

https://uploads-ssl.webflow.com/62fc...H-EFS-LOPA.pdf
Jaegersss likes this.

Last edited by atflyer; Mar 30, 2023 at 10:10 am
atflyer is offline  
Old Mar 30, 2023, 9:56 am
  #81  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Posts: 2,368
Meanwhile, not any success in having meaningful contact with SV on the downgrade. The complaint form I used led after 3 weeks to a mail I should call yet another number that 'cannot be reached at this time'. Using Whatsapp led to the message that I should call the general number and that behind the App no one can do anything. The call centre number 00 966 920022222 talks most of the time after 'press 9 for English' back in Arabic for the choice menu. The German office not available today.
atflyer is offline  
Old Mar 30, 2023, 10:01 am
  #82  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Posts: 2,368
And another nice picture and link. At least people will be flown in a plane with Saudia livery...

For the all Y 9H BFS
https://www.jetphotos.com/airline/Sa...Maleth+Aero%29

And for the 12 J, rest Y 9H EFS

https://www.planespotters.net/airframe/airbus-a330-200-9h-efs-saudi-arabian-airlines/eyqw2r

Last edited by atflyer; Apr 1, 2023 at 2:58 am
atflyer is offline  
Old Apr 1, 2023, 2:57 am
  #83  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Posts: 2,368
For the next days they fly the all Y, 9 abreast A330-200 9H-BFS or Malth Aero.....

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/9h-bfs
atflyer is offline  
Old Apr 6, 2023, 2:43 am
  #84  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Posts: 2,368
The on-time track record is not really good at this moment....todays flights, flown by 9H-EFS, 5 hours late.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/a...h-efs#2fca3574

And the 9H-BFS had start up problems too:
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/9h-bfs
atflyer is offline  
Old Apr 6, 2023, 7:08 am
  #85  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Posts: 2,368
Well, finally! Success! I called the Paris number as I did before, but this time ended up with someone who was authorised to check things out. My return flight JED-TUN was again served by a plane with J-class, and she booked me again in J. The outbound flight TUN-JED of my flight to BKK is served by an Y class plane only. But she rebooked me to Turkish airlines. And nicely waited until I had all emails with confirmed bookings in my mailbox. In the end a happy end of this gruelling story, I won't put the list of attempts to contact Saudia here but it is endless.

I really do not get why Saudia made contact so difficult. Both me as guest relation staff probably lost hours in fruitless contacts. In this call in 30 minutes everything was solved.
atflyer is offline  
Old Apr 8, 2023, 12:21 am
  #86  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Posts: 37
Originally Posted by atflyer
Well, finally! Success! I called the Paris number as I did before, but this time ended up with someone who was authorised to check things out. My return flight JED-TUN was again served by a plane with J-class, and she booked me again in J. The outbound flight TUN-JED of my flight to BKK is served by an Y class plane only. But she rebooked me to Turkish airlines. And nicely waited until I had all emails with confirmed bookings in my mailbox. In the end a happy end of this gruelling story, I won't put the list of attempts to contact Saudia here but it is endless.

I really do not get why Saudia made contact so difficult. Both me as guest relation staff probably lost hours in fruitless contacts. In this call in 30 minutes everything was solved.
congratulations from lounge in JED!
atflyer likes this.
Jaegersss is offline  
Old Apr 8, 2023, 1:45 am
  #87  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Posts: 2,368
Originally Posted by Jaegersss
congratulations from lounge in JED!
Thanks. Good travels! You still fly SV today but I guess since TUN-JED is done with 9H-EFS you have still J on this leg?
atflyer is offline  
Old Apr 8, 2023, 5:35 am
  #88  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Posts: 37
Originally Posted by atflyer
Thanks. Good travels! You still fly SV today but I guess since TUN-JED is done with 9H-EFS you have still J on this leg?
nope, another trip ex ATH😀
atflyer likes this.
Jaegersss is offline  
Old Apr 8, 2023, 8:11 am
  #89  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Posts: 2,368
Originally Posted by Jaegersss
nope, another trip ex ATH😀
Yeah if you look around SV can have such good offers in J. Just a pity they spoiled it this time with this equipment change. Algers is hit by it too but obviously not a good stopover place due to visa requirements. But then in the end most of us seem to end up re-routed on carriers that ask 2-3 time the price and deliver better quality. Can't wait for the on board service of TK and its IST lounge (I once could use the one on the old airport and that was already legendary. Assume on the new airport things will only be better). If I have another Asia trip I certainly will look if with some creative detour I can fly SV again. Can be a true bargain, certainly if you factor in the value of the miles you get. My whole Paris-Tunis-Asia trip in J is still even cheaper as the flights of most of my colleagues with who I do the visits, flying with e.g. KLM in Y.....
Jaegersss likes this.
atflyer is offline  
Old Apr 19, 2023, 7:12 am
  #90  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 9
Does anyone have any advice on getting the downgrade rebooked to another airline?
It's an endless circle for almost a week to get this resolved.
sunrise3500 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.