Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Revival of Uganda Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2019, 11:26 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Diamond Club
Originally Posted by stimpy
I suppose the staff just gets that way after dealing with all the pushy passengers making demands every day.
Definitely agree with Ugandans and their sense of service.
Yes you are probably right. As the airline is growing, all staff are more likely to deal frequently with such requests, so they should rather get prepared quickly.
Since Uganda Airlines doesn't offer yet a FFP, can they verify (check-in/boarding or onboard) at airport if a traveller is a real frequent flyer (= not a VIP)?
Old Jan 21, 2020, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA, HH, UA, Amtrak
Originally Posted by flying_blue_white_red
Just flew Uganda Airlines last week from Entebbe to Bujumbura
Very good overall impression of their potential -
Full TR with photos just here :

https://www.airliners.net/forum/view...?f=9&t=1437263
Thanks for the update!
Old Jan 22, 2020, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by psusaver
Thanks for the update!
You are very welcome
Still working out on a Air Tanzania TR, to be published soon on this forum...
psusaver likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 5:00 pm

So the first A338 is now in Uganda, when are they going to use it for commercial flights? Am glad they don't have (yet) any domestic routes so, they will not imitate Air Tanzania by plying domestic legs for ages with a wide body. Any guesses if DXB or LGW will welcome first the African Crane?
Old Jan 2, 2021, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I thought they'd been saying all along that BOM would be the first route, no?

I've flown KQ to BOM a few times and I think it has traditionally been a good earner for KQ.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
I thought they'd been saying all along that BOM would be the first route, no?

I've flown KQ to BOM a few times and I think it has traditionally been a good earner for KQ.
Not sure how reliable is this local newspaper, but it doesn't mention BOM, only LHR, CAN and DXB.
https://www.monitor.co.ug/uganda/new...airbus-3236902

Another one stipulates that LHR will be the first route, anyway we still have to wait and see as things are changing so quickly nowadays.
https://airlinegeeks.com/2020/12/22/...s-a330-800neo/

Interesting info about KQ to BOM, at the opposite do you know why DEL wasn't more successful and operated for only 2 years?
Old Jan 3, 2021, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Interesting info about KQ to BOM, at the opposite do you know why DEL wasn't more successful and operated for only 2 years?
Obviously from either DEL or BOM you can connect to anywhere in India and elsewhere in Asia. But I think there are traditionally more Africa flyers who prefer BOM. Each time I've flown to BOM it has been because I had business in BOM. Or a couple times AMD.

But yes with COVID everything is fluid and I'm sure several options are in play.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 11:58 am

Pre-covid, ET used to fly to 3 destinations in India, Indeed, BOM is the best option for pharmaceuticals supplies and for many African students.
It's going to become tough for KQ with this new player in East Africa (plus Burundi Airlines maybe soon), since yields in Y are pretty low to/from India.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 11:59 am

Duplicate.

Last edited by flying_blue_white_red; Jan 4, 2021 at 12:34 pm
Old Jan 6, 2021, 10:06 am

Pre-covid, ET used to fly to 3 destinations in India
They also had announced flights to a 4th gateway (Chennai) but those were postponed due to the pandemic.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 4:26 pm

ANyone have guesses or insight: Air Tanzania or Uganda Airlines? I supposed Tanzanian airports are better but otherwise similar aircraft?
Old Mar 1, 2021, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by deltatrav
ANyone have guesses or insight: Air Tanzania or Uganda Airlines? I supposed Tanzanian airports are better but otherwise similar aircraft?
At the moment, DAR T3 is completed and operational, ZNZ has yet to be approved by ICAO.
Once completed (phase 1 at least) EBB terminal could be great,with the C19 timeframe has yet to be defined. I flew only their regional aircrafts both are new. DH8 is noisy obviously. In the future, UR may offer a wider regional and international network than TC due to political reasons.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 8:03 am

Programs: AA L.T. Plat; UA Platinum
Does anyone know whether they are actually flying the EBB-NBO route? Flightstats doesn't show that route and ExpertFlyer shows times with all availability at zero. UR website does seem to be selling tickets. Planning Uganda trip in June and probably will route BA via NBO (to use up some BA credit... could do it via QR codeshare on the lHR-EBB legs but that means JFK-LHR-DOH-EBB). The UR timing works out better than KQ on that route. But I suppose KQ might be more dependable.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 8:54 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by nsoltz
Does anyone know whether they are actually flying the EBB-NBO route? Flightstats doesn't show that route and ExpertFlyer shows times with all availability at zero. UR website does seem to be selling tickets. Planning Uganda trip in June and probably will route BA via NBO (to use up some BA credit... could do it via QR codeshare on the lHR-EBB legs but that means JFK-LHR-DOH-EBB). The UR timing works out better than KQ on that route. But I suppose KQ might be more dependable.
I can confirm they are flying the route 1-2 daily. My sister usually flies them to EBB for work and has nothing but good things to say
Old Mar 9, 2021, 10:09 am

Programs: AA L.T. Plat; UA Platinum
Wonderful to know. Appreciate the reply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.