Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

MeliaRewards [formerly Sol Melia MAS] program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MeliaRewards [formerly Sol Melia MAS] program

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2017, 4:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ringingup
How long does it take for points to post? I completed a stay on Wednesday last week, but no points have posted yet.
How funny. Points had posted when I checked again this morning!
Old Mar 15, 2017, 4:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Second stay this year, and no upgrades available to use the voucher.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 3:52 pm

Programs: Melia Planium, IB+, BAEC
Birthday promos and Upgrades during online check-in

Yeah, sadly 2-4-1 birthday promos are long gone. Now Platinum members are offered a choice of 20% off voucher or 2 free visits to any lounge via Priority Pass. That's the choice I got a few weeks ago.

Regarding upgrade voucher - I used to get them when I was Gold and I was also struggling to use them online. they almost always not available. But the reality is different, so I think this is something to do with the property and IT system. The only hotel when I was offered an upgrade during online check-in was Gran Melia Palacio de Isora.

Originally Posted by ringingup
Second stay this year, and no upgrades available to use the voucher.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 7:05 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
OK, the 2017 Birthday offers (for Gold at least) are:

Birthday gift voucher

We want to celebrate it with you. Choose your gift from the options below

Upgrade
You now have an upgrade to a room of a higher category for your next stay at one of our hotels.
This upgrade will only be applied when you check in online.

20% discount
From the date of your birthday, you have 3 months to make your booking and 6 months to travel.
Or for those who prefer images...
Old Apr 8, 2017, 1:15 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
A specific question: which one to choose? Meliá Habana or Meliá Cohiba? And any recommendation on the room types, Level worthwhile?
Old Apr 8, 2017, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Gagravarr
I'm just looking at my birthday offers now. My next stay will only be a one night so I'd rather use the upgrade for a future, longer stay.

I take these terms and conditions to mean that the upgrade can ONLY be used for your NEXT stay, which is a shame. What do you think? Can it be used for next stay only?

"Birthday present vouchers cannot be applied once the online check-in process has been completed. They can be used for your next stay.
Cannot be used in conjunction with other promotions.
The upgrade will be made according to availability in the category immediately above the room booked, excluding the Presidential Suite."
Old Apr 8, 2017, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by TTL
A specific question: which one to choose? Meliá Habana or Meliá Cohiba? And any recommendation on the room types, Level worthwhile?
Habana.

Much nicer pool with a bar and better food options, nicer rooms. I really enjoyed the pool, had some great poolside pizza and Mojitos, got loads of spectacular photos, but the Cohiba pool was full of noisy children, and didn't even deserve the single photo I took.

The Cohiba felt dingy by comparison. (I stayed Christmas 2015).

Restaurants food and service was very poor in both. Much better off eating in town.

The Level is not a big deal for what you get in the lounge, but the rooms were nice. First time I've had a full-size bottle of rum left as part of the turndown service! - https://goo.gl/RwZ9lS

Level lounge breakfast was OK.

Pool - https://goo.gl/GK96AF
Level room - https://goo.gl/3tQ3wD
Level Lounge - https://goo.gl/nyG7bh

For comparison
Level room at the Cohiba - https://goo.gl/yVo2kK

Last edited by todderz; Apr 8, 2017 at 10:28 am
Old Apr 10, 2017, 10:12 pm
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Smile

Originally Posted by todderz
Habana.

Much nicer pool with a bar and better food options, nicer rooms. I really enjoyed the pool, had some great poolside pizza and Mojitos, got loads of spectacular photos, but the Cohiba pool was full of noisy children, and didn't even deserve the single photo I took.

The Cohiba felt dingy by comparison. (I stayed Christmas 2015).

Restaurants food and service was very poor in both. Much better off eating in town.

The Level is not a big deal for what you get in the lounge, but the rooms were nice. First time I've had a full-size bottle of rum left as part of the turndown service! - https://goo.gl/RwZ9lS

Level lounge breakfast was OK.

Pool - https://goo.gl/GK96AF
Level room - https://goo.gl/3tQ3wD
Level Lounge - https://goo.gl/nyG7bh

For comparison
Level room at the Cohiba - https://goo.gl/yVo2kK
A thousand thanks for this great insight! =)
Old Apr 22, 2017, 5:36 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by swiss_global
Certainly in the case of Hilton, I have to advise you, that stays booked through travel agents are not eligible for points/nights/stays in their loyalty program. This has been so for long time. I don't know about IHG, but I imagine it's the same.
Difference is Travel Agents and Online Travel Agents (expedia, booking.com etc)

Nearly all chains will give points on bookings via TA's but next to none will on bookings with OTA's.

Seems some Corporate TA's are starting to go through OTA's for hotel booking though
Old Apr 25, 2017, 3:24 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A gold, Skyteam elite plus, Hilton gold, SPG gold
Originally Posted by Gagravarr

Or for those who prefer images...
I Did redeem the 20% coupon but not sure how the Birthday present is granted

do you have any experience on this subject?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 3:27 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A gold, Skyteam elite plus, Hilton gold, SPG gold
Originally Posted by swiss_global
Interesting. Would you mind sharing who your corporate travel agent is? May be through private mail. We had two different corporate travel agents over the last years and neither one was eligible ... At least the current one is a major global player ... Hilton always referred to the section in their Terms excluding stays booked through "third party websites".
Exactly, we used Amex travel service and we never get credits or points in our hilton account
Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:15 pm

Programs: hertz gold #1
Red face melia rewards - reliable contact?

i hope this is the right section for hotel rewards

i joined melia rewards a while back and have amassed a few points , i need to speak with someone over a issue

every email ive tried has been ignored , same with twitter and facebook , i called on the phone twice and get a foreign worker that cant understand me

anyone got a contact where i can get stuff resolved first time
Old Jun 9, 2017, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by steveo3002

i joined melia rewards a while back and have amassed a few points , i need to speak with someone over a issue

every email ive tried has been ignored , same with twitter and facebook , i called on the phone twice and get a foreign worker that cant understand me

go to www.melia1.com
then click customer service
Old Jul 4, 2017, 9:35 am

Programs: Melia Planium, IB+, BAEC
Contact with Melia Rewards

Originally Posted by steveo3002

Hi Steve,

I suggest call Melia Rewards CS - they have English-speaking one as well.
The number to call from Spain: 900 144 444
Number to call from any other country: +34 91 276 47 40

I hope they will be able to resolve your issue! In my experience, they've been very professional and attentive.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 12:06 pm

In my experience they have been very unpressional. The worst experience with Melia rewards, ignoring and everybody tells you something different, no trust in any statement. Never again, even though they have nice hotels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.