Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Global Hotel Alliance DISCOVERY Loyalty Program Q+A Thread (ARCHIVE)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 28, 2019, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Older posts on GHA and DISCOVERY may be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-hotel-chains/1064040-global-hotel-alliance-unveils-loyalty-program.html

Please Note - As of November, 2019 - Former Official Company Representative DISCOVERYLady is no longer an active member of FlyerTalk.

Thank you,

FlyinHawaiian, Acting Moderator
Other Hotel Chains Forum
Print Wikipost

Global Hotel Alliance DISCOVERY Loyalty Program Q+A Thread (ARCHIVE)

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2019, 3:31 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
@DISCOVERYLady

Sorry, have a question about eligibility

Oaks hotel is GHA participating brand, however, not all Oaks property is listed on Discovery website.

If I go to Oaks own website and login there with my Discovery credential and book such properties (for example, Oaks South Yarra ) will the stay is considered eligible for Discovery night credit?

(I believe there are other brands that have similar issue)
Old May 24, 2019, 12:17 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Ok so I started staying at a Tivoli property in Doha, Qatar, however my stays were not counted towards the loyalty programme even though I booked on the discovery website!

I emailed requesting clarifications and noticed whenever I email they are extremely slow to respond. Even in this group the discoverylady is not very frequent in her response times.

Does anyone else notice or have this experience?

I am willing to contribute a significant amount of time and money towards the loyalty programme if I got some positive feedback from those currently involved in it.
Old May 29, 2019, 9:46 am

Programs: Cathay Pacific DM, Krisflyer PPS, Marriott Titanium
Did a status match recently from Marriot (Titanium) to Discovery GHA but was just given a one tier upgrade to Platinum. It was quite a disappointment as the benefits between Platinum on Discovery GHA (10 nights to qualify) and Titanium on Marriott (75 nights to qualify) are very different and am not sure how is such a status match meant to attract me to stay more with Discovery GHA.

@DISCOVERYLady

That being said, I still gave Discovery GHA a shot and stayed two nights since (on the double night credit promotion - that would be 4 qualifying nights) and have another 4 nights coming up this week but none of my nights have posted to my account. It has been two weeks since.

Honestly I could have qualified platinum on Discovery just based on these nights alone (including the double night credit promotion) and if I had status match thereafter, would have been black? But such an option was not given to me ....
Old Jun 9, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
I am quickly becoming disullisoned with GHA! I have stayed 11 nights and I am still a Gold member, in theory I should be on 22 nights with the double night promotion.

The customer service has been poor and the fact no one from Flyertalk it seems is a member is worrying (the activity in this group is dead).

The service by GHA has been so bad however the properties itself have been quite good so I am torn a bit!
Old Jun 9, 2019, 6:46 pm

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Tit, LTP;Omni Black;IHG Spire; Hyatt Glob
The Discovery TnC https://www.discoveryloyalty.com/DIS...rms-Conditions gives a phone number and email in the U.S. for member services. I've called and the CSR updated my account promptly.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Golden Circle Jade
Originally Posted by clementnick1988
Did a status match recently from Marriot (Titanium) to Discovery GHA but was just given a one tier upgrade to Platinum. It was quite a disappointment as the benefits between Platinum on Discovery GHA (10 nights to qualify) and Titanium on Marriott (75 nights to qualify) are very different and am not sure how is such a status match meant to attract me to stay more with Discovery GHA.

@DISCOVERYLady

That being said, I still gave Discovery GHA a shot and stayed two nights since (on the double night credit promotion - that would be 4 qualifying nights) and have another 4 nights coming up this week but none of my nights have posted to my account. It has been two weeks since.

Honestly I could have qualified platinum on Discovery just based on these nights alone (including the double night credit promotion) and if I had status match thereafter, would have been black? But such an option was not given to me ....
I am in the exact same situation. I accepted an option to cancel the status match after finding out that it was only to the platinum level, hoping to first earn 10 nights and then match to black. However it was still processed after a couple of weeks, so my account is now stuck on plat.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 7:46 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
With some Alila hotels moving to Hyatt, how the discovery stay credit calculated for stay near those dates?
Old Jun 29, 2019, 8:58 pm

Programs: Eurobonus (*G)
Originally Posted by kaizen7
With some Alila hotels moving to Hyatt, how the discovery stay credit calculated for stay near those dates?
I am also wondering about that. On which date will Alila leave Discovery? Some hotels are already available for Hyatt redemtion, but they do also show up on GHA.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 5:58 pm

Programs: Eurobonus (*G)
Originally Posted by Chriscross
I am also wondering about that. On which date will Alila leave Discovery? Some hotels are already available for Hyatt redemtion, but they do also show up on GHA.
To answer my own question. As of tonight it is not possible too book Alila hotels on GHA dot com.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: tk gold, lh ftl, ab gold
@DISCOVERYLady
Are GHA benefits combinable with Virtuoso ones? You had mentioned they are, but the hotel is denying them. So, only one category upgrade, no bottled water, no local amenity for Platinum member. Pls clarify. Thanks!
Old Aug 8, 2019, 11:50 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
I am surprised there is so little activity here. I have been very happy with the GHA program so far. I made Black level at the Omni in LA in the first 5 months, last time I stayed there I got upgrade to a real suite. I hope I get treated well in a few weeks in Doha.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 3:09 pm

Other than their CS seems very slow to respond, and their foot print is quite limited, I pretty much happy with the program.

Elite benefits were given without being asked. And so far I got upgraded on every stays. Much better rate than my other loyalty programs.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Marriot Gold
Status Match with AMEX Platinum

Hello,

I'm looking to book Anantara Bangkok. I just found out about Discovery. I have American Express Platinum card. I am in USA. Will Discover status match me with my AMEX Platinum?

Thank you.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 7:48 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Marriot Gold
@DISCOVERYLady AMEX Platinum Match

Hi DISCOVERYLady

I have AMEX Platinum card. Can this be matched? I have Gold Hilton and Gold Marriot. Will any of these get me matched to Discover?

Thank you.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 5:31 am

Did anyone do the survery? Do you think they will move to a points based system?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.