Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Shangri-La Hotels: The NEW Golden Circle Program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2013, 8:41 am

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others
Hi guys!

Well, I was looking for some information about Shangri-La's Cash and Points table, but couldn't find one. Was wondering about the following issues:

Does anybody know whats the minimum in terms of points you have to redeem when you wanna book a Cash and Points room?
Is it always better to use Cash and Points over Points only?

Thanks for yr help guys,
Flo
Old Nov 13, 2013, 9:13 am

Programs: A few, without status
Originally Posted by flo_147
Hi guys!

Well, I was looking for some information about Shangri-La's Cash and Points table, but couldn't find one. Was wondering about the following issues:

Does anybody know whats the minimum in terms of points you have to redeem when you wanna book a Cash and Points room?
Is it always better to use Cash and Points over Points only?

Thanks for yr help guys,
Flo
Strange - I had a similar question in mind, so called up the UK customer service number. I was told their definition of Cash and Points was you can stay 1 night/s for points (full points) and other night/s for cash for a booking covering more than 1 night. This explanation doesn't convince me. I am hoping the answer I am given is not correct. Anyone tried booking a cash and points award night?

Last edited by 'miles' to go before i fly; Nov 13, 2013 at 9:39 am
Old Nov 13, 2013, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by travelkid
Max 200$ in vouchers per transaction/tab.
Is it specific to certain Shang ri la hotels or it's for all Shang ri la hotels? I couldn't find it in their T&C regarding the rules of using these dining vouchers=) Thanks a lot.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 9:39 am

Hi
Is it possible to convert/transfer airline miles to my GC account like you can with HHonors? I know you can convert GC points to miles, but I want to do vice versa so I can use airmiles to pay for a stay. Thanks!
Old Nov 13, 2013, 10:29 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
Is it specific to certain Shang ri la hotels or it's for all Shang ri la hotels? I couldn't find it in their T&C regarding the rules of using these dining vouchers=) Thanks a lot.
Confirmed by e-mail via [email protected] to be all hotels.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 5:52 am

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 'miles' to go before i fly
Strange - I had a similar question in mind, so called up the UK customer service number. I was told their definition of Cash and Points was you can stay 1 night/s for points (full points) and other night/s for cash for a booking covering more than 1 night. This explanation doesn't convince me. I am hoping the answer I am given is not correct. Anyone tried booking a cash and points award night?
That's right. Its basically just having points night(s) and paid night(s) combined in the same reservation, not like cash+points at other chains.

Personally, I don't see the point.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 9:27 am

Exactly, it's is a bit misleading to say this is points and cash. Further it won't even apply to 1 night bookings. Well, I got excited for nothing.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 9:33 am

Thinking about it, maybe there is a way to make it work. More of a coupon connection point - to which I do dot currently have access. Something like I need 1500 points ( hotel room reservation) in return for 1000 ( $100 F&B or Spa voucher) and $$$ for the difference!
Old Nov 14, 2013, 7:12 pm

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
Actually, it is in the T&C, and it is indeed $200.
http://www.shangri-la.com/corporate/...ions/#sectionI

iv. Redeeming Non-Room Awards
A maximum value of USD200, or local currency equivalent, worth of redemption vouchers can be used to settle payment for each transaction.

Also, someone was asking whether they can gift it. The T&C actually said you can nominate someone else, which then they can redeem it themselves at the property.
However:
Only individuals who are family members of Golden Circle Members including their spouse, children, parents, parents-in-law, grandparents, grandparents-in-law and siblings, aged 18 and above are eligible as a “Nominee”. The Nominee’s Last Name, First Name, relationship to the Member and a valid email address must be provided for registration.

So YMMV.
I'll report back on my experience since i have a Shangri-la stay next month, and i would love to use these free points
Hope the whole points post in time.

Originally Posted by Savage25
That's right. Its basically just having points night(s) and paid night(s) combined in the same reservation, not like cash+points at other chains.
Personally, I don't see the point.
Isn't this just like how Marriott "cash+point" work?
And i remembered they're making a big deal of this "feature", like it's some kind of enhancement
Old Nov 15, 2013, 12:42 am

Technically, you can't use points/vouchers for spa and F&B if you are a resident guest at the hotel. The more you dig the more you find . I am new to GC so find something interesting everyday.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 3:29 pm

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by 'miles' to go before i fly
Technically, you can't use points/vouchers for spa and F&B if you are a resident guest at the hotel. The more you dig the more you find . I am new to GC so find something interesting everyday.
I can't find anything about that.
The only thing i found is you can use voucher, as long as you don't charge in room. So need to settle the bill after meal.
I think this is so you don't earn points on your redemption.

"GC redemption vouchers cannot be used to settle charges on banqueting, outside catering and event spends, and if the expenses from food and beverages outlets or CHI, The Spa are charged to a room account."
Old Nov 17, 2013, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by tomy77
I can't find anything about that.
The only thing i found is you can use voucher, as long as you don't charge in room. So need to settle the bill after meal.
I think this is so you don't earn points on your redemption.

"GC redemption vouchers cannot be used to settle charges on banqueting, outside catering and event spends, and if the expenses from food and beverages outlets or CHI, The Spa are charged to a room account."
I agree, and in any case it will be a simple case of making a reservation at the Restaurant/Spa without mentioning that you are a guest at the hotel. Let us know your redemption experience.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 10:42 pm

Programs: AA:EXP, GLD:A.Argen., Etihad; Turk SIL:UA, VS; HOT.GLD:ClubC, Loews, SPG; PL:Ritz, Hil, IHG, BtW., R
Not to that level and you are correct, this totally sucks. I am glad I don't do a lot of Asia Pacific travel as I wrote them a very nice note (pending my 10 nights in australia coming up in jul 2014) and saying I am Ritz Paltinum (75 nights , as compared with their less than that for diamond). I already had a reservatiomn in sydney at the shangri-la, but am thinking since they would not match me (or even offer a challenge) that really, enough with them and their atttude. Their letter was really arrogant, we are very happy for yoru ritz Carlton level requalified already until 2/2015 (75 stays on the september 2013 statement) and saying they wre sure I woudl understnd why they just don't do matches. Well I don't. It's a great way to get new cuscomers (that's how I got initially into the Ritz/Mariiott porgram then got their $395/year metal credit card and stayed a boatload of nights with them. Had it not been for the challenge I would have focused on my old friends Hilton and spg. Then, they have the audacity to mimic another e-mail they had sent me earler that day with a 40% reduction in points for a suite upghrade (25% for a regular room until 2/12, year, just when I DON't NEED it-almost indicating they were accouncing a gift to me, but I had already received the e-mail ealrier in te day about the dicouneted points.) Since I would be moving business over, I don't have any points. Not sure, maybe will get better treatment as an Intercontinental Sydney Platinum Ambassador, than a S-L lowest level of the program. The treated me like gold the last trip I made (seperate limousine pickups for both myself and my traveling companion who arrived a couple days earier from lizard island or something like that. Maybe that's what impressed them but at any rate I got a one bedroom suite and so did my friend. Since i organized it, I was a little peterbed that he got the nicer suite, but oh well.

S-L's program sucks. that's all i can say. Glad others here agree.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 1:29 pm

Planning to use the spa at the Shangri-La Dubai. any experience on this forum?
Old Nov 27, 2013, 4:09 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Miles & Smiles *G, PC Amb
Hi, does anyone have a frame of reference on how long it takes for the points from the anniversary promo to post to the account? I've played for all 5 weeks now and input the codes on the web and thru the app, yet I only have 200 points in my account. Worth calling GC or should I give it more time?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.