Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

New Hotels.com Welcome Reward Rules

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Hotels.com Welcome Reward Rules

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2010, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by MarkBraund
Anyone out there actually done this? Have a heap of nights saved up, but want to use them all in the same three day stay.

So, can I make 3 individual 1 night bookings? Tried calling Hotels.com but they weren't much help
Yes...but don't call hotels.com and ask them about it. Just do it.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 2:47 pm

Programs: I was loyal to One Pass & Star Alliance before FT ... now I value all miles and programs
Double-dipping?

Reviving this older thread...

Does anyone know if I'd be able to double dip using Hotels.com? I'm looking to see if I can accumulate both Welcome Rewards and Best Western rewards on an upcoming 11-night stay in Melbourne.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 4:34 pm

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Originally Posted by lrluis
Reviving this older thread...

Does anyone know if I'd be able to double dip using Hotels.com? I'm looking to see if I can accumulate both Welcome Rewards and Best Western rewards on an upcoming 11-night stay in Melbourne.
Hotel loyalty programs rarely award points for bookings through third party sites like Hotels.com. The Best Western hotel is already losing part of its room rate to Hotels.com who gets the room at a discounted rate and the hotel does not want to pay additional money for Best Western points to go into your account when you did not book through Best Western channels.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 11:43 am

Programs: CO, AA, BA
Fivestar

I was just notified that I am now a "fivestar" program member with Hotels.com, but I can't seem to understand exactly what benefit that gets me. Some special phone number for customer service... is that it? What's the point?
Old Apr 19, 2011, 8:40 pm

Programs: QFF, Velocity, Asiana
I got the same notification, but I'm unclear on what it'll give me as well. It does make mention of special deals/sales. Maybe it's something that will evolve over time.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 10:41 am

Did you book over 100 nights withthem in what time period?
Old Jul 29, 2012, 12:06 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA EXP 1MM, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
The Welcome Rewards credits are good for 3 years, but there is still some ambiguity for me. Perhaps, someone smarter or with this exact experience can help me out...

How does the 3 yr expiration work?

let's say I have 11 credits:
night 1 $100 earned july 3, 2010
night 2 $200
night 3 $200
night 4 $200
night 5 $200
night 6 $200
night 7 $200
night 8 $200
night 9 $200
night 10 $200 earned feb 3, 2011
night 11 $200 earned march 3, 2011

So, my 1 free night credit is for $190, using nights 1-10.
Does the credit from night 1 expire on Jul 3, 2013? eg: such that on July 3, 2013, the free night value becomes $200, using nights 2-11?
Old Aug 17, 2012, 5:06 pm

I'm supposed to get a ticket for a free Vampire or cemetery tour for booking a New Orleans hotel, but after booking the hotel on hotels.com I don't see any voucher or coupon to print on my confirmation page like they said there would be.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 6:15 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Originally Posted by nessie123
I'm supposed to get a ticket for a free Vampire or cemetery tour for booking a New Orleans hotel, but after booking the hotel on hotels.com I don't see any voucher or coupon to print on my confirmation page like they said there would be.
a) Welcome to FlyerTalk!

b) This thread is specifically about the Welcome Rewards program, not for Hotels.com general discussion, so your post would probably fit better in a different thread or forum. But I think your problem is easily resolved...

c) Often times these things are just waiting for you at the hotel, which I suspect is the case in your situation. You can contact the hotel directly or try emailing or calling Hotels.com. They are actually pretty good with email support. http://service.hotels.com/app/ask

Good luck, have a great trip, and don't forget to take precautions. <--- click link
Old Aug 18, 2012, 8:13 pm

I thought that credits and rewards were good for 3 years. So why did I get an email warning me that my credits and rewards will expire in what works out to 14 months since earned unless I have account activity before then?
Old Aug 21, 2012, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by dldkjones
I thought that credits and rewards were good for 3 years. So why did I get an email warning me that my credits and rewards will expire in what works out to 14 months since earned unless I have account activity before then?
They expire 12 months from your last booking, rewards booking or paid booking. They revised the rules again, I'm too lazy to look up the link though.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA 1.050MM, PersonalCar 0.275MM
According to some notes I have, hotels.com welcomerewards switched over the years from an expiration scheme where 18 months of inactivity could result in loss of all credits/awards to a scheme where individual credits had an expiration of 3 years from date of earning to the current scheme where 12 months of inactivity could result in loss of all credits/awards. When they made the most recent switch, they bumped the last activity date for everybody to the date of the announcement of the policy change (October 2011). Hence I expect that many of us received that email indicating our credits will expire in October 2012 unless we generate some activity.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:49 am

Programs: VAG
This is the only thread I could find about hotels.com Welcome Rewards.

While most of the thread is complaining about how the new rules are worse than the old rules (I don't know what the old rules actually were), isn't the new scheme still pretty generous? A ten percent kickback seems pretty good to me, at least for people like me whose travel patterns aren't conducive to obtaining any sort of particularly high status with any of the big chains.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 1:48 pm

Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
It's quite good, thought its more like a 9% discount. 110 of hotel value for 100
Old Feb 2, 2013, 3:59 am

Programs: SPG Plat, etc.
Welcome Rewards Newbie

I've just booked a few rooms on hotel.com as the hotels were independent properties and figured at least I'd get the free night for each 10 nights I book. I wasn't familiar with Welcome Rewards before this.

The 1 free night worth an average of the 10 nights (essentially 10% back) doesn't seem so bad. I understand that it's not nearly as good as the value they initially provided (free night at any place up to $400) with no relation to the value of the 10 nights booked... that was amazing, and as someone stated, not sustainable.

So, the current value proposition seems like a good thing when booking hotels that don't fit into any other hotel loyalty programs.

Are there any drawbacks I'm not seeing?

What are the benefits of the upper levels of the program, ie. Silver and higher? They mention there's some benefit but don't detail what the benefits are... this leads me to believe their not very compelling. Some clarification of this program would be appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.