Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

New Hotels.com Welcome Reward Rules

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2013, 10:58 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I have a $128 credit (based on 10 nights totally $1279.93, so proper crediting), but it expires soon and I can't think of a hotel stay that I need. Any way to extend the credit? I'm thinking of looking up a very cheap prepaid reservation, perhaps even abroad (Thailand?) just to extend that credit ... so long as it's prepaid, I would think I'd get the activity and reset the clock? I would rather have $100 to use on a hotel I need rather than $128 on a hotel I don't.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:20 am

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
Originally Posted by lrluis
Reviving this older thread...

Does anyone know if I'd be able to double dip using Hotels.com? I'm looking to see if I can accumulate both Welcome Rewards and Best Western rewards on an upcoming 11-night stay in Melbourne.
You can ring the hotel and ask them about your membership points but i doubt if they add it on.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 3:47 am
zog

I didn't see this mentioned, but ... if you combine TCB with the Rewards scheme, you end up with approx. 18% kickback, which is not bad. I dislike the way with Rewards you cannot *exclude* a night you booked (like a real cheap one) as that obviously affects the average badly ... but its still (for me) the easiest way to get something for doing what I would have anyway. If there's a better scheme for booking hotels/cashback/rewards, I'd like to know it...
Old Jul 13, 2013, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by amolkold
I have a $128 credit (based on 10 nights totally $1279.93, so proper crediting), but it expires soon and I can't think of a hotel stay that I need. Any way to extend the credit? I'm thinking of looking up a very cheap prepaid reservation, perhaps even abroad (Thailand?) just to extend that credit ... so long as it's prepaid, I would think I'd get the activity and reset the clock? I would rather have $100 to use on a hotel I need rather than $128 on a hotel I don't.
Is there an experiation date on the 1 award night becuase it was generated after the completion of 10? If that's the case, I don't think you can extend the clock on that at all, but call them at 877-903-0071 to ask.

As far as I know, the only way to prevent your unmatched (less than multiples of 10) nights from expiring is to have activity in your account. What I don't know though, is if you have to actually check in (I don't think you do though, b/c if it's a nonrefundable reservation, how do they know or care whether someone checked in). If you just need to reset the time for unmatched nights, this might be your answer:

I did a quick search because I knew berlin had some cheap rooms. one80º Hostel Berlin - $18.82 USD all in thru hotels.com on 9/26/13. Find out if you need to check in, and if not, do that.

Here is the official policy from their website:
To locate the expiration date for your Welcome Rewards collected nights, log in to your “Account," and “View Welcome Rewards activity." The Welcome Rewards nights expiration date is based on your hotel check-out date that was most recently completed and will expire 12 months after that completion date. To keep your account active, remember that Welcome Rewards nights are earned by booking and completing a stay at a Hotels.com Welcome Rewards hotel.

No account activity: Your Welcome Rewards nights will expire after 12 months if there is no activity in your account. The 12-month period begins with the most recent activity in your account. An "activity" can be using a reward night, or earning Welcome Rewards nights by booking and completing a stay at a Welcome Rewards hotel. If you use a free reward night to create an activity, this "activity" will not stop the expiration of any remaining Welcome Reward nights that are in the account, unless the check-out date on that booking is before your credit expiration date.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 9:54 am

Anyone know if you can extend the welcomerewards credit by booking a stay then cancelling, or some other way?

According to my reminder email here's the wording "Book & Stay. Stay at least 1 night at any qualifying² Welcome Rewards hotel by 12/16/2013" OR "Redeem. Redeem at least 1 night & complete your stay by 12/16/2013"

If I try to use the credit for dates after 12/16 it still lets me apply the credit on the reservation screen. So it appears you can use the credit for stays after your expiration date, probably just need to book it before then.

I don't really need the stay for anywhere and have no plans for travel past 12/16, but I'll use it somewhere if it'll expire.

Thanks!
Old Oct 16, 2013, 11:55 am
formerly ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy

Programs: Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by zog
I didn't see this mentioned, but ... if you combine TCB with the Rewards scheme, you end up with approx. 18% kickback, which is not bad. I dislike the way with Rewards you cannot *exclude* a night you booked (like a real cheap one) as that obviously affects the average badly ... but its still (for me) the easiest way to get something for doing what I would have anyway. If there's a better scheme for booking hotels/cashback/rewards, I'd like to know it...
You *can* exclude a night from the rewards. Look for any of the given coupons on the internet and it won't be put towards your rewards balance.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 2:36 am
hco

Programs: SAS *G

Just to clarify, it has been asked before.

I can confirm that you do not have to check-in for paid nights to post and thus create account activity.

So if we want to create account activity - just book a cheap night anywhere in the world.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 3:39 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by hco
Just to clarify, it has been asked before.

I can confirm that you do not have to check-in for paid nights to post and thus create account activity.

So if we want to create account activity - just book a cheap night anywhere in the world.
According to the T&C they may cancel the credit if they find you did not actually stay.
I have 90$ worth of credit, not sure if I have to book a 10$ hostel in Thailand and not check-in or if it is more safe to book a 45$ stay in YUL and actually check-in...
Old Jan 8, 2014, 3:03 am
hco

I would not waste 45 actual $ to save 90 $ credit. I would go with 10 $ and not check in.

I got credit for missed prepaid stays in London and Singapore. If I could I would have cancelled though :-) They stays were not even in my name.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 9:02 am

Hate to necro an old thread:

But for anyone that is wondering the cheapest hotel I found INCLUDING taxes:

Hang Neak Guest House
2.5 stars
St. 265, Sangkat Toeuk Laork 3 Phnom Penh, Cambodia, ‎1 800 992 2854

6.41 CAD + 1.35 Taxes = 7.76
Old Oct 25, 2014, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
Anyone know what the maximum value a reward night can be? If I book 10 $2,000 nights, will I get 1 $2,000 night reward to use?
Thanks
Old Oct 26, 2014, 6:10 am
hco

Don't think there is any maximum value. So yes, if your 10 x 2000 is before tax that is. You only get reward value based on pre-tax amount.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 6:42 am

Programs: AerClub Platinum, ClubCarlson Gold, Hhonors Silver, IHG Spire Elite, Hotels.com Gold, BA blue
Originally Posted by mikekay
Hate to necro an old thread:

But for anyone that is wondering the cheapest hotel I found INCLUDING taxes:

Hang Neak Guest House
2.5 stars
St. 265, Sangkat Toeuk Laork 3 Phnom Penh, Cambodia, ‎1 800 992 2854

6.41 CAD + 1.35 Taxes = 7.76
There's cheaper in Hanoi. Hostel for €4 per night.

Did you get the nights when you didn't check in by the way?
I have 7 nights built up with enough cost average for the hotel i want to use my reward night on so thinking of booking and no-showing in one of these Hanoi Hostels.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1MM DL PLT
Originally Posted by paulieccc
There's cheaper in Hanoi. Hostel for €4 per night.

Did you get the nights when you didn't check in by the way?
I have 7 nights built up with enough cost average for the hotel i want to use my reward night on so thinking of booking and no-showing in one of these Hanoi Hostels.
I would love to know the answer too, as I don't want my nights to expire either!
Old Mar 10, 2015, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1MM DL PLT
I just booked a $5 stay in Hanoi for tomorrow night. I will report back on the results.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.